Essie Mint Candy Apple

Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 6/27/2017 4:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Essie polishes have been VERY hit and miss for me over the years but this one is by far one of my absolute favourite polishes ever!! It is so beautiful; I wear it every spring/summer and I just cannot get enough of it. I think this is the only Essie polish I have that I would repurchase if I ran out of it. I find the formula to be quite good on this one (I find it to be pretty opaque after just one coat, but I ALWAYS apply two coats). I am not a fan of green polishes at all so I am surprised I like this one as much as I do but it is gorgeous! The perfect mint green in my opinion.

on 5/20/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love this polish! I resisted buying it for years because for some reason I had convinced myself that it wouldn't look good on me (very pale colours rarely look good on me), but one day I came across it at the superstore and I thought I'd give it a shot because I had recently read some great reviews on it. O.M.G. my skin tone absolutely loves this colour (green version). I couldn't believe it. I couldn't stop staring at my hands, which was quite distracting at work. As far as application, I used essie grow stronger base coat, two coats of mint candy apple, followed by essie good to go top coat. The first coat of mint candy apple went on fairly good and after the second coat, I had complete full coverage so a third coat would have been overkill. My manicure lasted several days. I am so glad I decided to try this because it has become one of my favourite polishes of all time.

on 4/11/2016 11:02:00 AM

I really love Mint Candy Apple. This color family is my absolute favorite for polishes. It's a bright pastel mint blue/green. The formula is perfect - thin, so you will need several coats, but dries quickly and wears like iron. Just one of those that I never tire of!

One of my favorite colors for spring/summer. I heard that Essie did have a more blue toned batch that was sold everywhere but a Essie spokesperson said the blue was a accident it is yes... Really supposed to be a pale mint. Anyway I love this color and receive more compliments than about any other color I own!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

There's something not quite right with this shade and I couldn't put my finger on it! I am a light golden shade in summer, light greens bring out my green eyes and look fresh! However, this was streaky and looked similarly to something a young teen girl would apply. Messy and all!

on 7/10/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This looks really really drab and dull on me. Not the color I was after (obviously). The formula is okay and I don't mind the Essie brush but I'm thinking about giving this away cause I never wear it.

on 9/25/2015 5:13:00 AM

I LOVEEDDDDD this color while it lasted. It started off as a gorgeous mint green, but over 2-3 years it turned into a Robin's Egg/Tiffany's blue. Which I love as well, but I was really looking for a mint green. I bought mines directly from Ulta so I know that it is absolutely authentic. Guess I need to find another mint polish!

on 12/24/2015 8:21:00 PM

I really wish we had the option of 'maybe' in the ran out or lost simply because it takes a very long time to use up a full bottle of nail polish, especially if like me, you insist on using polish thinner and using that bottle to the very end.

Anyway - Mint Candy Apple. A favourite with little girls and summer days. Its a pretty bright mint blue/green. Its fresh, its light, its bright, its a fun and clean colour and that's why I love this colour. I'm also one of those people who isn't at all fussy about whether or not a nail polish colour looks great on my skin, to me its more important about how the colour coordinates with my outfits and I can easily coordinate outfits with this colour.

Formula - its a bit streaky on the first coat, but by the second coat is great. My bottle has less than 1/4 of the bottle left now (told you I liked this colour) so I'm having to add a fair bit of thinner each use as the formula thickens up, however, throw in a couple of drops of OPI thinner to get the consistency nice again and its all good. Nice colour, love the Essie formulas, can see why there is a lot of hype around this colour.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a bright green color and it was a surprise for me as I was expecting a more subtle green color. It is a pretty green color great for the spring and summer season. I was a little disapointed with this formula. It is a thin formula and the color looks streaky with two coats you need three to four coats for your nails to look flawless. So it takes time to work with. Overall I like this nail polish but is not one of my favorites. Great color, nice pigment, looks shiny and pretty, but the formula needs work.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Mint Candy Apple is a beautiful mint green. It is a pastel colour, but has an excellent formula. It is opaque in two coats and I do not find it to be streaky. It looks flattering on my hands (NC20 for reference) but I think it may not be flattering to those with pink hands. The colour looks good on both long and short nails, and it looks good all year around. It dries quickly too, and has good staying power. This colour is a cult favourite and with good reason. I do not find it to be baby blue at all, unlike some other reviewers, so maybe there is a bad batch around... My colour is truly a mint green, like peppermint candies. It is unique and gorgeous.

Popular Polishes