Essie Mint Candy Apple

Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

There's something not quite right with this shade and I couldn't put my finger on it! I am a light golden shade in summer, light greens bring out my green eyes and look fresh! However, this was streaky and looked similarly to something a young teen girl would apply. Messy and all!

on 7/10/2016 1:49:00 PM

This looks really really drab and dull on me. Not the color I was after (obviously). The formula is okay and I don't mind the Essie brush but I'm thinking about giving this away cause I never wear it.

To Read all 251 Reviews, Login or Join

One of my favorite colors for spring/summer. I heard that Essie did have a more blue toned batch that was sold everywhere but a Essie spokesperson said the blue was a accident it is yes... Really supposed to be a pale mint. Anyway I love this color and receive more compliments than about any other color I own!!

on 4/11/2016 11:02:00 AM

I really love Mint Candy Apple. This color family is my absolute favorite for polishes. It's a bright pastel mint blue/green. The formula is perfect - thin, so you will need several coats, but dries quickly and wears like iron. Just one of those that I never tire of!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a bright green color and it was a surprise for me as I was expecting a more subtle green color. It is a pretty green color great for the spring and summer season. I was a little disapointed with this formula. It is a thin formula and the color looks streaky with two coats you need three to four coats for your nails to look flawless. So it takes time to work with. Overall I like this nail polish but is not one of my favorites. Great color, nice pigment, looks shiny and pretty, but the formula needs work.

on 12/24/2015 8:21:00 PM

I really wish we had the option of 'maybe' in the ran out or lost simply because it takes a very long time to use up a full bottle of nail polish, especially if like me, you insist on using polish thinner and using that bottle to the very end.

Anyway - Mint Candy Apple. A favourite with little girls and summer days. Its a pretty bright mint blue/green. Its fresh, its light, its bright, its a fun and clean colour and that's why I love this colour. I'm also one of those people who isn't at all fussy about whether or not a nail polish colour looks great on my skin, to me its more important about how the colour coordinates with my outfits and I can easily coordinate outfits with this colour.

Formula - its a bit streaky on the first coat, but by the second coat is great. My bottle has less than 1/4 of the bottle left now (told you I liked this colour) so I'm having to add a fair bit of thinner each use as the formula thickens up, however, throw in a couple of drops of OPI thinner to get the consistency nice again and its all good. Nice colour, love the Essie formulas, can see why there is a lot of hype around this colour.

on 9/25/2015 5:13:00 AM

I LOVEEDDDDD this color while it lasted. It started off as a gorgeous mint green, but over 2-3 years it turned into a Robin's Egg/Tiffany's blue. Which I love as well, but I was really looking for a mint green. I bought mines directly from Ulta so I know that it is absolutely authentic. Guess I need to find another mint polish!

Mint Candy Apple is a beautiful mint green. It is a pastel colour, but has an excellent formula. It is opaque in two coats and I do not find it to be streaky. It looks flattering on my hands (NC20 for reference) but I think it may not be flattering to those with pink hands. The colour looks good on both long and short nails, and it looks good all year around. It dries quickly too, and has good staying power. This colour is a cult favourite and with good reason. I do not find it to be baby blue at all, unlike some other reviewers, so maybe there is a bad batch around... My colour is truly a mint green, like peppermint candies. It is unique and gorgeous.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beware! My local CVS has this shade in the front of the store, in a special seasonal display of Essie polishes, and in the back with the year round collection. The one in the front of the store is a pale mint green, and the one in the back of the store is pale baby blue. I checked and checked, held them side by side, made sure I had the right ones. I am guessing this polish is supposed to be green, hence the "mint", so if you bought blue - well, presumably you bought it for the color to your eye and not the name, but know that you probably did not buy the real Mint Candy Apple.

on 8/12/2015 9:23:00 AM

Just purchased this with a $3 off coupon after I've been eyeing it up for some time. I wish I didn't toss my receipt, I'd be exchanging it for a different color if I had it. The color is really pretty, it is a light blue, there are no hints of mint to it. The formula is so bad, so bad, that I can't believe essie would even selling it. The first and second coats streak on, the third will leave areas still not covered. It takes me four coats to get this looking just ok on my nails. It also severely chipped within 24 hours, and I wasn't even doing anything when I wore it, just a lazy weekend home. Save your money, Sallie Hanson makes a similar color that goes on and stays on much better than this for a fraction of the price.

Popular Polishes