Illamasqua Maneater

Maneater

4.9

on 1/8/2017 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favourite red lipstick and I will definitely buy it again despite the price; mine only started smelling funny after 2 years. It's definitely a worthy investment. It's very long-lasting, doesn't bleed - you don't need a lipliner unless you want to use one - and is quite kiss/smear proof, too. It's a bit drying and it doesn't last through a greasy lunch, but then again, what lipstick does? There's usually still enough of it left at the edge of my lips after eating that I can reapply without much fuss or needing a lip brush to create a sharp edge again (although this applies smoothly enough that it's entirely possible to just whack it on bare lips straight out of the tube and you're good to go, if you have at least a little bit of skill with applying lipstick precisely). I find it to be a great alternative to liquid lipsticks: the longevity is similar to most of them and it's incomparably more comfortable to wear. It doesn't do the mad dog rim on your lips, doesn't get crusty or anything like that. It's soft and movable on the lips, but transfer-proof when drinking or eating dry foods. The matte finish is more leather-like than chalky the way MAC Ruby Woo is. It's still matte, but there's a lovely elegant smoothness to it.

The colour is a true bright red, I feel it would suit just about every skin tone out there, and it's definitely pigmented and opaque enough to show up properly on dark skin tones. The pigment also comes into play if you prefer wearing strong colours like this as a stain, because this is pigmented enough that you get a true-to-the-tube stain just by patting a little bit of it over a lip balm. And it's just as long-lasting like that, too. The packaging is stylish, unusual and sturdy. I'd recommend this to everyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Described as a "cherry red" on the website, I think this is indeed a bright red that is neutral (neither orange nor blue toned). This is a matte formula, which can be drying on the lips but if your lips aren't terribly dry, lip balm will solve the problem. I love this colour and it was my first ever Illamasqua purchase. The lipstick tube is very sleek. I find it a little hard to get precision when applying straight from the bullet so I opt to use a lip brush when applying this lipstick.

I know people from the US say that Illamasqua is more expensive the MAC for them but Illamasqua is the cheaper option against MAC here in Australia (as of May 2014). Illamasqua's at AUD$30 while MAC is for AUD$36. Illamasqua has 4g while MAC is 3g of product. In the end, it depends on the colour of the lipstick you're after. I just happened to fall for Maneater.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Beautiful colour and does not budge. I get the perfect red lip when paired with the Illamasqua pencil in Fiesty. Doesn't dry out my lips and barely transfers when eating or drinking. Absolutely love this lipstick!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I came across this lipstick last week when looking for a perfect red at sephora. I literally had about twenty swatches on the back of my hand and this was one of the two that showed up as a true red for me. I've been using it almost every day now, and what I love most about it is that it's matte, not the glossy type that everyone wears. The red (for me) is a bit more orange than dark, but is wearable and looks sophisticated. It's my first Illamasqua purchase but it sure won't be my last!

Best red! Matte formula, lasts forever, and stays movable when you press your lips together. It's the best warmer vintage red lipstick. Amazing.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am almost out of Maneater, it's one of the lipsticks I reach for the most. One of my favorite reds. It's so opaque and bright, I can't get enough of it. It looks gorgeous with either winged-liner or just mascara. Illamasqua makes some of the best reds. This is right up there with Ruby Woo.

I'm new to the brand and first saw this product being used by Sam of Pixiwoo, and I just knew I had to get it. Illamasqua is not sold in my country so I had to get it shipped in, but the international shipping rate was quite reasonable. Fingerprints on the packaging aside, there is nothing not to love about this lipstick- I was rushing to work so I only dabbed some on, only to get to the office and realise that it had showed up as a full-on RED as if I had applied it 'properly'! A+ for payoff and vibrancy.

I tend to nibble on my lips, and drink a lot of tea- this stayed on till past lunch until it was a stain and I decided to just rub it off and be done with it. A+ for staying power (MAC doesn't last that long for me and transfers everywhere. This just stayed where it was) Also does not really dry my lips out even though I currently am on medication that cause my lips to be rather chapped- nope it's not accutane!

I am for reference, NC20 and Asian: this is a flattering colour! :) I'm loving this brand already and will continue to support them.

on 2/22/2010 12:49:00 PM

Amazing color, pigmentation, lasting power & texture, it is very matte but, not as matte as dry Mac Ruby Woo, for those who know it. The color is different from Russian Red and Ruby Woo, I would say its brighter than RR, looks more like RW but the undertone is not as blue. The color is very deep, rich is the best word to describe the color...High impact!
It is my favorite and will repurchase.
oh! one outstanding thing with this lipstick is that it will last and last for a long time on your lips, and the color will remain true.
This would look very good on many skin tones, if not all. I'm NC 30 for reference. So, if you can handle all the attention you will get, then this is for you. So sexy lips, and the name, lol, well, yeah, maneater.

Recommended!
* i wish all sephoras carry this new brand. Blushes are g-r-e-a-t too.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Absolutely amazing. Beautiful color, smooth, stays on forever.

on 11/15/2009 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

A perfect red which is in the mid range of reds.. not too dark, not too light. This red is a true red -- not blue or orange, just a red red with a great name..lol.

The finish is semi matte which works best with some balm or primer underneath. Staying power is fantastic -- over 8 hours for me with a de rigeur touch up which was not really necessary. I wore this a lot during the summer when I wear lots of white clothing. Now that I am wearing lots of dark shades, it is still fabulous as it brightens my whole face.

Packaging is elegant -- black simple. I took one lippie off the packaging because it's shape is only compatible in my lippie drawer with other Illamasqua's otherwise it doesn't line up with the square's or the rounds. But that is really a non issue.

If you are looking for a true medium red.. this is a great product.

I would repurchase but I have a lot of reds now.. so I don't think I will need too.