Everyday Minerals Kayak

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm gonna stick up for this eye shadow! A great colour to go with my cool, rosy skin, and my hazel/brown eyes. I often have trouble selecting a suitable brown shade as anything too warm or 'earthy' just doesn't suit. But this is great. I would agree that the pink is more of an undertone, but that's fine, that's what makes it work. As with most EDM 'shimmer' eyeshadows, I find that that the shimmer element of the shade is pretty subdued. It's more of a slightly luminous matte reallly. I wear this with EDM intensive concealer/eye primer and it stays on all day. RESULT.

At first I didnt think too much of this eyeshadow but I've really come to appreciate it, and its uniqueness. Its a very pink toned medium brown, which doesnt look all that spectacular in the jar but really makes a fantastic crease color to go with all your lighter pink eyeshadows. I dont wear pink eyeshadow a lot, but when I do I sometimes struggle with what to pair it with to emphasize my crease that wont look mismatched and then I remember I have this shade and it works perfectly.

on 12/9/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one ugly eyeshadow. Where's the shimmer? I would not recommend or re buy this. I am trying to figure out why they thought this was a good product to sell...?

on 10/29/2009 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: THE EDM Web site describes this eyeshadow as a "unique rosy brown shade with gold coppery accents." Not! The "rosy brown" part is right, but the "rosy" part is fairly lacking; it's rather a very faded undertone. And although I could see some faint shimmers in the pot, they completely disappeared when applied, whether dry, wet, or patted on! I was extremely disappointed in this shade, but luckily it was a throw-in sample with an order, so I didn't pay for it.
Where did I buy this: EDM Web site.
Price: $2.50 for a generous 1/4-teaspoon sample.
Packaging: Screw-top sample pot with sifter cap.
Would I buy again: Nope. continued >>