Jan Marini Factor A Mask

Water (Aqua), Kojic Dipalmitate, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Retinol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Salicylic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica, Ubiquinone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben 11/3/11

The first time I used this products I was a good girl and did what it said on the box and left it on for 10 minutes. The next day my skin looked and felt great. Even my other half mentioned it and he never takes notice if things like that. A couple of days later I decided to try it again and, after reading some of the reviews by other users on this site, I left it on overnight seeing as they recommended doing so. Big, big, big mistake!!!

I don't have particularly sensitive skin and as far as I'm aware I don't have any allergies etc but the next morning my face felt tender and by lunchtime I had lots of little raised bumps all over my nose and cheeks which had gone quite red. Two days later my face is still sore so I dare not use it again until it has calmed down.

I'll definitely go back to using the product again when it has calmed down but I fully advise following the instructions given on the box by the people who made the product rather than some of the users here. I'm sure they meant no harm but this is strong stuff

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this every other night rotating with my Obagi tretinoin cream USP 0.025%.

I apply a thin layer after cleansing and toning. I don't use moisturizer because I have very oily skin. I leave it on overnight, in the mornings, after cleansing my face, my face looks bright, clean, soft and everything nice.

It is not cheap but it is worth the expenditure incurred.

The thought of (IF) this product is discontinued freaks me out every time!

Trust me when I say that good skincare routines will make you less dependent on makeups (unless makeup is your hobby/obsession/passion).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My sister in law gave me a Pro SIze of this product (actually about 5 different Jan Marini products that an Aesthetician left behind during a move). I have been off and on Jan Marini products for about 3 years now, and I always come back. These products clear my skin up to the point that I feel I can go without makeup (almost), and then I get lulled into thinking I can try cheaper brands. So, this is the deal -- 18 months ago, I went back on Jan Marini when my skin had tons of cystic acne. I also started seeing an Esthetician because I knew a layoff would be coming, and I did not want to have low self-esteem because my skin was terrible while I was looking for a job. I saw the Esthetician for 6 months, and I really liked the Skin Resurfacing Facial where they used the Factor A Mask. My breakouts would be a lot more calm after a facial. Then, about 6 months after using the products, my skin was completely clear with minor acne scarring left -- and the layoff was 2 months away -- I stopped seeing the Esthetician and decided to try some different skincare products. I'm glad I tried the products -- Lush skincare products seduced me. I LOVE their biofresh masks. But overall, they do not keep my skin as clear and luminous as Jan Marini. So, over about 8 months or so of using mostly Lush with a touch of my Jan Marini, my skin had become congested -- not as broken out though -- just not as clear and firm. You know what I mean? Just minor breakouts with 1 or 2 random menstrual cystic acnes. So, this mask -- it says to use it twice a week, which I do. It is a bright yellowish/orange color. I leave it on at night. It does not make my skin tingle or anything (like the Skin Resurfacing Facial). I leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off. My skin looks a bit red afterwards, but I just apply my C-Esta Serum and Transformation Cream (I just spot treat with Bioclear at this point), and then I go to bed. And, my skin looks clearer, calmer, and very nice in the morning. I think this mask is going to be a keeper. Luckily, this product doesn't expire until 8/10. It is strange to have my skin concerns shift from being concerned with acne scarring and cystic acne to slight sagging/lack of firmness now. lol. My skin is tighter and more firm, and I do have more noticeable nasolabial folds. I'll keep you guys updated. I am rotating -- I'll be using this mask 2 times a week and the Jan Marini C-Esta Mask 2 times a week.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an excellent product which really works. But its a huge waste of money if you rinse it after 10 mins as it says on the tube. LEAVE IT OVERNIGHT and see the difference in reduced blackheads in the morning BHA penetrates within pores and dislodges dirt as AHA does not. This is my HG mask for impure skin.

This is a dream multi-use product for oily, blemish prone skin with redness. I learned about this product via Paula Begoun's Beautypedia. I must say that this, and the other Marini product that I have researched and tried, Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion, far surpass anything that even Paula herself has devised for oily skin. (My skin is oily no matter what using her range in the past, it's like she tries too hard not to irritate the skin and her products are way too moisturizing for someone with truly oily skin!) It is a 2% BHA product with the pH in the correct range to exfoliate efficiently.

I find that the best use for this product is as a foundation primer. The product has a noticeable yellow color, which is fantastic, because it neutralizes redness! It also contains azelaic acid which also helps with redness and rosacea. The BHA fights blemishes and exfoliates within the pore. There is also magnesium aluminum silicate, like what is in Smashbox anti-shine, which absorbs oil. There are lots of other wonderful ingredients for the skin in here too. A very thin layer of this is all that's needed! It's expensive, but this is truly an incredible problem solving, intelligent formulation for oily skin.