3.8

price range

Reviews

2.0

3 years ago

I will never understand the extreme love for this brand. I don't like this lip balm. It is very greasy and very light on the lips, and it leaves a shine. It will make any lip color slide off as well. I like waxier balms that sink into the lips instead of sitting on top. I do like the small pricetag, no-fuss packaging, and scent (reminds me a bit of Burt's Bees Pomegranate), but I wouldn't recommend or repurchase this. I will probably use mine as a cuticle oil.

About reviewer (295 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

At first impression I did not feel anything but ...meh but it wore me down & now I love it! It is essential oils not fake crazy flavors or sweet synthetic scents it's all natural although I'm not crazy about the earthy hemp oil the rest are A-OK more than A+ I asked my mom to bring me a bonne Bell lipsmacker & she got me this from Good Thyme & I love it now. I'd be so sad if I lost it + my mom got it for me so it has sentimental value i looooove anything my mom gets me! "....mama knows best...... my mom is my A#1 bud. My dad picks out good MU too. So I give this A++++++++++ this is #downtowntriplecrown #winning and this is cruelty free yay I always love that.

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

1.0

3 years ago

This stuff tastes awful. I cringe thinking about the taste. Ginger serves many purposes with a host of benefits but such a strong flavor in a lip balm is definitely not one. It was one of three flavors in a set. I'm such a fan of Dr. Bronner's that I thought the lip balms would be a hit. There's a first time for everything. Pass.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 years ago

I purchased this on a whim.. and find myself in love. It melts into my lips and heals them when they are becoming chapped. Much less waxy than many tube chapsticks. I perfer the slightly oilier versions as I feel they are more effective. Simple, perfect ingredients. I enjoy the orange/ginger scent/taste...not for everyone though. I like that it's the real aromatics and not chemical scent.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3.0

6 years ago

As a balm, this does a good job. It absorbs into my lips and helps protect them from drying out. However, it smells disgusting and tastes disgusting. I love ginger, and I love orange, but I can't handle whatever version is in this stuff. I'll tolerate the rest of this tube because it does its job, but when it runs out I'll be picking up the unscented version.

About reviewer (205 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2.0

7 years ago

Not a fan, I'm afraid. First of all, this smells really earthy from the ginger. It is real ginger essential oil smell so it's not cosmetically enhanced to smell like "ideal" ginger. It is very strong and bitter. The orange smells very weak next to the ginger. So I don't find it pleasant to apply. Other than that, both ginger and orange oils are phototoxic. I'm not against essential oils at all but it surprises me that they thought this would be a safe combination. I'm trying to use this only at night, just in case. The texture is less waxy than Burt's Bees or Yes to Carrots lip balms, so it's more oily. Recently there's been a heatwave where I live and the lip balm literally melted on my lips - it became a complete blob. The tube is now a greasy mess but I'll keep using it because I don't throw things out. Perhaps it works better in winter. In general, I like the ingredients and maybe I'll try the unscented lip balm when I'm finished with this. This one I certainly won't buy again.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

I find this lip balm just as high quality and moisturizing as the unscented and mint versions (which I will also review) but it seems that my lips don't appreciate citrus. Other balms I have tried with citrus oils have made my lips sting and eventually peel and this one was no different. It you don't have this issue though, this is definitely a very nice, natural, basic balm that will moisturize and protect your lips.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

Wow, I really enjoy using this lip balm. I love anything with Orange and Ginger, and the combination of the 2, of course I'll buy it. It goes on smoothly, has a great subtle (some users may find strong) smell of ginger and orange. It goes on smoothly and I don't need to reapply often, but I do because I love the product!! I love lip balms and will definitely be repurchasing this one. Its not bitter like some other natural lip products and its organic too. It really has everything I need in a lip balm, well, if it had a tint of color, then it would have everything!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrunette

EyesOther

8 years ago

Bought this on a whim at Whole Foods for $2.99. I'm surprised a solid lip balm goes on so smoothly, especially a one that is brand-new, never been in my pocket and thus warmed up by my body heat. I took off one lippie because it smells better than it tastes (which is not that great, but not totally disgusting at least).

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

Super moisturizing. Very strong scent, but does an amazing job.

About reviewer (264 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure