New York Color Grand Central Station clear nail polish

New York Color Grand Central Station clear nail polish
Grand Central Station clear nail polishGrand Central Station clear nail polish

3.9

on 7/5/2016 3:16:00 PM

I use GCS as a top coat. It is not perfect by any means, but for the price paid it's pretty good. It dried quickly to a shiny finish and most importantly for me, it doesn't shrink the polish. I marked it down slightly because it does go gluppy and therefore needs to be thinned constantly. Having said that I will most definitely repurchase it, as it is an amazing value for money top coat.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this as a top coat! I've been using it for years and will continue to do so. Typically I use a base coat, two coats of polish, another brand of top coat and then finish with NYC Grand Central Station because it dries super shiny and very quickly. It helps prevent chipping, prolongs manicure and makes any nail polish color better. Don't sleep on this top coat. I highly recommend it since it is just as good if not better than all others on the market!

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/12/2016 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This must be thinned constantly but hell, that's why I have a bottle of thinner, isn't it? Dude, this could give Seche Vite a run for its money. Seriously, I love this, it dries fast as hell, has cute packaging and it is cheap! I will certainly be repurchasing.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to review this almost as soon as I got it, but I figured I should give it a little time just to be sure. Now, after a few weeks and using this on several manicures, I can say I really like this as a top coat! I generally use the InstaDri from Sally Hansen but it's more expensive than this, gets gloopy & thick, and you can't use up the whole bottle because the brush doesn't reach the bottom of the bottle. This stuff is still a little gloopy and the brush doesn't reach the bottom of the bottom either, but since it's 1/3 of the price, that's okay with me.

I used this on a manicure this week over the Trust Fund Beauty polish that came in my Ipsy bag. There were a lot of complaints in the reviews for that polish about it chipping easily, so I didn't have high hopes - but I painted my nails on Monday and 4 days later, there is some normal wear on the edges but NO obvious chipping. I even had the ends of the polish peeling a bit after a shower a couple days ago, and after I capped the edges and re-coated with this NYC polish, it re-secured the peeling parts and I've had no issues since. I'm impressed and will be switching to this from the SH I used to use!

on 6/12/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Waiting for nail polish to dry is not my favorite thing to do. I always seem to mess up my nails when I donít use a fast dry formula. I figured I would be a slave to fast dry nail polishes until I came across this gem. I can use any brand/formula nail polish apply it, wait 1 Ė 2 minutes and apply this polish. It dries in one minute and Iím good to go. Total waiting time is 2 -3 minutes as opposed to 10 Ė 15 minutes. Iím definitely happy with this and I have repurchased.

on 6/5/2015 5:40:00 PM

I think I like it better than Seche Vite. I pretty much only use quick dry topcoats to dry my colored polish quickly rather than to extend the life of my manicure. This applies well and dries about as quickly as Seche or Out the Door. Not quite as shiny as Seche, but it's also a lot cheaper and not as goopy, so that's a plus. My manicures always chip after a day or two, and the only thing that makes them last even the slightest bit longer is Orly Bonder base coat, so for me top coats really don't do much in terms of extending the life of my polish.

on 3/5/2015 8:03:00 PM

This product taught me a very important lesson. Don't buy the cheapest topcoat at Wal-Mart. This is the cheapest; it cost something like $1.84 when I bought it, and it definitely has bargain-basement performance. The good parts are that this brushes on easily, dries quickly and provides great shine. The bad part is that when I wear this polish literally peels off my nails. A whole nail's worth of polish comes off in one piece. I have also had my polish slide off in the shower (again, a whole nail's worth comes off cleanly in one piece). Do yourself a favor and invest a couple more dollars in a better topcoat.

I bought this clear nail polish because I read on G's NouveauCheap beauty blog that it is her holy grail product. I tried it several times as either a top coat or base coat and it never helped to keep the nail color last long. It's like using glue on your nails. In a day or two the nail color just peels off like glue on our nails or skin. I'm just glad I got it for like .69cents instead of the full price. I don't think it's worth the praise or hype. I am tossing this thing in the trash. Total waste of time.

on 1/29/2015 1:18:00 PM

Just wondering who named this product?...Grand Central isn't a station, it's a terminal. Grand Central Terminal. Just sayin:)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG topcoat!! Love it!! Got this at Wal-mart for $1.99. I love the whole in a ny minute line!!

Popular Polishes