4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

15 years ago

Love this! It is so awesome..kills any frizz and flyaways and really helps to control those stupid baby hairs! And gives great shine. Not greasy or sticky and hair is still soft after using it!

About reviewer (153 reviews)

Age30-35

15 years ago

A great product that I would reccomend to anyone! It seems that when I purchase products I go for the bargian d/s products.. EXECPT for aveda. I have literally the entire line.. I love how this makes hair have very few fly aways.. although it does get a little sticky.. I love it!

About reviewer (233 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

HairBlond

3.0

15 years ago

I prefer PM Dry wax b/c it has more hold and is less greasy. Good for shert-medium length hair but no the best on the market

About reviewer (252 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry

15 years ago

I have supershort hair and this is a must-have product for me. I just love it for the messy look, without looking greasy. The scent is nice, but it could be a little less subtle. A little goes a long way, so that makes up a bit for how spendy it is. Definitely a must-have for short hair.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinVery Oily

15 years ago

Now, the only complaint I even remotely have on this is that the packaging ensures that I get this under my nails. I love this stuff and just got more in a swap! YAY! I'll never run out now! This stuff lasts forever because you need just a little bit. In fact, if you use too much, you'll definitely know it and, well, you don't want to use too much. I love the scent and I love the texture. Makes my hair look nice and "piecy" and makes my streaky highlights stand out something else!

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

15 years ago

I really like this product. I am not so keen on the packaging (the reason for only 4 lippies). I don't know what could make it better - I'm not in the beauty industry, so it's not up to me to make those decisions! I just think that the tub style is not the best packaging. Anyway, on to what matters: the product itself. This stuff is excellent for controlling my "flyaway baby" hairs around the hairline. I rub my fingers into the paste, rub my fingers together to "warm" the paste, then apply it to the baby hairs, rubbing a lot. I love the way Aveda products smell (except Sap Moss - not the best smell), so I am not bothered by the smell, as were other posters. Although it is an expensive product, it lasts a long time, as I don't use very much at a time. In fact, I have had my tub since July (it's now November), and the surface barely looks like it has been scratched! All in all, when I run out of this product (which seems very far into the future), I will definitely buy it again.

About reviewer (186 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

15 years ago

This stuff is great! I just got my hair cut to about halfway between my chin and shoulders with lots of layers. I curl the ends out for that messy look. This product really helps give it a natural looking hold all day (my hair doesn't look like it has a lot of product in it). I have to say that I don't really like the smell, and the price is sort of high (which is why I only gave it 4 lippies), but I would definitely buy it again.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Other

2.0

16 years ago

I love the Aveda concept of using pure flower and plant essences. At times, though, the fragrance in their products can be overwhelming and since I suffer from migraines, I am especially sensitive. However, their shampoos/conditioners are great. My stylist gave me the Control Paste when I had super short hair, and I liked to flip some of the ends and give it that "messy" but styled look. It worked, but eventually the product got really dry and difficult to work with.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive

16 years ago

love this product! just got a choppy short do and its the perfect thing to put in after blowdrying. just a little bit rubbed into my palms and upwards through the hair and there's lift and piecyness and its still soft and not greasy. good price considering you only have to use a little, lovely smell (if you like Aveda smells), not sticky. doesn't weigh down hair. love it!!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

16 years ago

Best wax/pomade/paste product I've used, hands down. It provides a great, natural looking hold that still allows movement. Will definitely be keeping this around!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24