4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

14 years ago

I loooove this wax! On my asian hair, I really can't use too much, although on finer hair I think this could be an issue. I love a very piecey look and this gives it so easily. One friend was recently commenting on how great my hair looked and asked how I did it. I replied: Washed it, fell asleep on it, waxed it. If you have a good haircut this will bring out the best. Only thing possibly better hold wise for my heavy hair was sebastian crude clay, but it was so strong it pulled lots of hair out when I applied it!

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinVery Dry

HairBlack

14 years ago

This is the ONLY product that holds down my new growth/wiry grays/heat-shocked post flat-ironing flyaways. I like to smooth this over my hair with my fingers and then I follow up with the matching Brilliant hairspray and brush lightly with a boar bristle paddle (smoothing) brush. I paid $22us for the tub, but you need such little product that I can see the tub lasting for 3 years +. Smells like baby shampoo to me.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Other

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

14 years ago

This is the holiest HG I've ever bought. It totally gets rid of frizz while giving a nice shine to my hair. It is also the only thing that gives me the piecey look. It not only makes my hair look great, it also somehow makes my face seem a bit more atttractive. Ladies you have to try this one!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

14 years ago

I use this, in combination with Aveda's Be Curly, and it keeps my wavy hair under control all day. Stong scent, but well worth it. Use only a small amount, though. My only gripe is the packaging. I am not happy when product gets under my fingernails.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBrown

14 years ago

Recently got suckered into buying this stuff. At first I wasn't using it much b/c the Stylist put this on my hair when she straigtened it, and I hated how greasy it made my hair look & feel. Luckily, I started using this a different way. I have wavy hair... so instead of a spray gel that would make it all hard, I've begun applying this in the morning (showering the night before), mess it around a bit and shape up the waves/curls. Then I mist a 50/50 solution of spray gel & water & scruch them up. Works wonders! The paste really helps to define waves & curls & keep w/o putting too much gel or mousse. Me likey!

About reviewer (132 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

14 years ago

Control Paste is one of my staples. I love the scent, and the texture is just in between a cream pomade and a wax. Separates hair beautifully, you just have to be careful to not use to much or it will carry some weight. Overall very excellent and pleasant to use, never makes my hair dry or crunchy.

About reviewer (862 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

14 years ago

This product is great. Friday night I borrowed some of a friends control paste because I had a few flyaways. I instantly noticed the lovely smell. It gave my hair more volume, and defined my layers. I ran out the next morning and bought some, even though I felt it was a tad expensive (CAD $30). I can see how the overuse of this product would make hair appear to be dirty or clumpy, but that is similar to any hair product. Consensus: Love it!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

14 years ago

Great smell- earthy but not "Earth Mother" if you get my drift. My boyfriend and I actually both use it- him for control, me for the piece-y look.

About reviewer (196 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

14 years ago

I just grew my VERY fine hair from a buzzcut to a short layered bob, and my hairstylist (while bobbing away) suggested using this on damp hair before the blow dry, pulling as I go. She showed me first. FABULOUS! Lots of shine, movement, AND piece-y hold! I look like I have much more hair, and the smell to me is divine.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

14 years ago

This is a non-greasy, non-sticky, paste that gives me the perfect texture and pieceiness for my fine straight layered bob. Takes away that overdone too perfect look without weighing my hair down. My last hair style was a cute flippy do and it worked great to plip out the ends of my hair without being crunchy or greasy.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age30-35