4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I am super-lazy when it comes to my short hair, but I do take time to put this product in it. After showering at night, I blow-dry my hair and then sleep on it, and in the morning, when it's fluffy and crazy, I use about a pinky-nail's worth of this paste to tame it. I like that it's sticky but not goopy, smells really nice (herbal but not too hippie), and lasts FORever even with 3x/week use. In 4 years of use I'm only on my second tub -- definite repurchase!

About reviewer (351 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

from

2 years ago

Great for piecey layers and to smooth down strays

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

Works great on my side-swept bangs, but must be used sparingly, otherwise you might as well wash it out and start over. I never leave home without it!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2.0

8 years ago

I bought this to help with flyways and control those stubborn "baby hairs" that stick straight up on my hairline. It didn't really work for either- it seemed to just slip out of my fingers. The smell reminded me of men's cologne and the color was odd- a light orange, maybe? I think this would be better for people with short haircuts as I think it would probably help with getting a "piece-y" look. It just didn't work for what I needed. Would not repurchase.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

8 years ago

I love this stuff! It works wonders on my short, fine hair and smells lovely and herbally to me. My parents, however, think it smells like an outhouse at Bonnaroo. My only issue with this very firm wax is that I have to wash my hair the day after using it because it becomes a little too separated and slick. Nonetheless, this is the best wax I have ever used, and will repurchase until a better alternative comes into existence.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

3.0

8 years ago

While I love the way this product smells and it has no greasy feel in your hair, it just doesn't have any holding power whatsoever for me on my bangs. I mean absolutely nothing.

About reviewer (220 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

9 years ago

I have a question for someone with experience using this. I just recently got my hair cut into a shorter layered cut. I wanted something for definition, and thanks to all the great reviews I picked this up. And I love Aveda stuff, so it was a no-brainer. However, I am having a frustrating learning curve with this. When I do as instructed and rub it in my hands to warm, it does not 'emulsify' in any way, and does not really have any 'slip', so I really can't run it through my hair without it pulling and tugging. I really can only seem to rub over the top of my hair, which still works ok, but I am wondering if this is normal with this product? I do really like it, and it works ok as I'm using it, but would greatly appreciate any helpful tips from some experienced MUA users. Thank you!

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

This stuff is freakin amazing. Out of all the styling products I've tried, this is the only one that gives me a hot piecey look, while also removing all the frizziness in my hair. I think the name of this stuff isn't quite right though, because it doesn't offer much for hold. That's not why I bought it though, I just wanted definition to my hair. I use hair spray for hold.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

Does a good job of smoothing the poofiness that my wavy hair gets when it's cut short, and gives it a piecy look without looking greasy or product-y. I think it smells great, but it is definitely an Aveda-y scent. I scrape out just a tiny bit (pea-sized? less?) with the top of my fingernail, rub it into my palm, and then add a bit of water to make it easier to apply. My husband likes to use this too to give his hair some control and a little pieciness (although I prefer the scent of the Aveda Men's Grooming Clay on him).

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

This product has worked out for me wonderfully so far. I only use Aveda hair products and have never had a problem with them. I don't know if I have gotten use to there "earthy" scent but I found this product to not smell as strong as some of the others. Personally I wish it did! I have recently cut my hair from a chin length bob to a pixie (google Erin O'Connor). I use a dime size amount of Confixer and once my hair is dry I use a dime size or less of Control Paste. Swirl it around and I am done. Easily hair style I have had in a long time.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair