Oribe Creme for Style

Filtered by hair type : Other
Oribe Creme for Style

4.5

I have to agree with MaryEllen's review. This stuff is great! I was also particularly looking for a styling cream that could volumize my hair and this product does it well! Not only that, it enhances the shine and brings out my hair color better than any other products I've used before. I'd buy this again!

on 10/18/2011 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I generally don't write reviews after using a product once, but I feel compelled to write about this one. I've been looking for a styling cream for some time and wasn't really thrilled with Bumble & Bumble's, so I decided to go for this one. Wow. This is a thick, white cream that almost feels like a wax when you work it between your hands and into your hair. I think I applied a bit too much, but it didn't matter (!). My hair was so easy to blow-dry, had weight but still had volume that lasted and lasted (this is what I'd been looking for in particular--something that volumizes but adds a bit of weight to enhance my style), styled perfectly (and was easily combable without losing the style), and was flyaway-free. It also brought out my color to a degree that amazed me, added shine, had bounce and movement, and still looked good after sleeping on it. And all this with no tackiness, crunchiness, oiliness, or stickiness--I can easily run my fingers through my hair. I'm not crazy about the scent, but it doesn't linger when the hair is dry. Needless to say, I'm impressed. It costs a small fortune and the sleek black tube is a bit hard to squeeze, but those are minor flaws. Sometimes you get what you pay for, and this is one of those times. I will repurchase!

on 1/22/2011 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have wavy (curly underneath), dry, uncolored hair that I air dry. An SA recommended this to control frizz and add moisture. Tried this a few times and noticed no difference from applying no product to using this. May have even made frizz worse. Zero hold and no moisture. The hype didn't pan out for me, am liking the gel serum much better.

I must start by saying, that I've never used styling products. I hated the way they feel and weigh my hair down. After splurging on my post-pregnancy lift-my-spirits-up haircut, which I LOVED everything about - I asked my hairdresser about the products she used (i LOVED the smell). She got really excited telling me about this new line they carry and she said they're all perfect and she recommended especially the Creme for Style. I bought this and the Volumista spray.
I was a little hesitant to use it, but it's amazing. I'm not that good at styling my hair, but this creme makes it so easy and it's so light! And the smell...mmmm.... even washing my hair 2 days later I enjoy it in the shower.
I highly recommend it! I use it every time I wash my hair, so every other day and I've had it for 5 months now and I don't think I'm half way through it yet. So it's not that expensive after all :)

Popular Styling Products