Travalo - Easy Refill Travel Perfume Atomizer

Travalo - Easy Refill Travel Perfume Atomizer

3.8

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I HATE Travalos with a passion! I don't know who thought this product would be a good idea but it's not. I bought a travalo to decant perfume when out and about and for lightweight travel and because supposedly (according to travalo) filling up regular travel atomisers causes wastage of product - nonsense

Yes these are easy to fill up but you are usually left with two issues that are more likely to annoy people than impress - travalos leak/ evaporate and are very hard to clean. I think because the refilling method essentially leaves the chamber in the travalo open the product starts to evaporate and I'm not the only one who's had this problem and if it doesn't do that then it leaks into your handbag. This as far as I'm concerned is more annoying and product wasting than filling a regular atomiser which DOES NOT lead to product wastage I might add.

The second issue which is not always apparent until later is the fact that unless you own Cou Cou neutraliser (the only cleaning product for travalos I've ever seen) they are impossible to clean which causes mixing of perfumes if you want to refill with something else. If not then essentially you are left with the need to purchase a travalo for every single fragrance you own which is just impractical

You'd think travalo would create a product to neutralise/clean their atomisers but no, they don't care or its deliberate to make sure you buy more than one. But then again there are tons of reviews online of people complaining that their perfume evaporated after a few weeks which travalo has done nothing about so they clearly don't care as they've made no improvements but brought out many designs.

In short if you enjoy wasting money replacing evaporating perfume or creating new fragrances by constantly having to mix your perfumes together then buy the travalo. Or if you have very cheap fragrances then go ahead but at the price it is it's an expensive piece of rubbish
You'd be better off going on ebay and picking up a ÂĢ3 travel atomiser that doesn't have genie-S technology

I like the concept, yet disappointed with the performance. Got a 2-pack. One of the spray bottles works just fine, while another one leaked :(

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/15/2015 10:21:00 PM

Very handy and easy to handle - it goes with me wherever/whenever I travel.
I have couple of bottles in different colors for different perfumes. Strangely, one of them started leaking after about a year - not when itīs full, but during refilling. Seems like I canīt get anymore perfume filled in. I wonder why that is? (Itīs not the issue with other perfume bottles. But maybe that one itīs just defective?)

I have....many.. travalos... I found only one had a leaking problem, but all the rest work perfectly.

I haven't had issues with evaporation, but I will definitely update if I do!

All in all, good atomizer to use, very convenient, easy to fill up, love the colours, avaliable at Shoppers.

Cons: It's a little pricey for something so small. 7-8$ maybe, but $13 is a little much.

on 1/4/2014 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So, I bought a Travalo when they came out a few years back. I filled it up about halfway with my perfume of choice back then, and it worked wonderfully. The only thing is, I ended up hating the perfume (you know how you link different smells with good or bad times and memories) and ended up not being able to use it because you can't really fill it with anything else once you've used something in it.

Recently I bought a new Travalo, cause I wanted a hot pink one. The first one I had worked wonders, so I don't have anything negative to say yet, but hopefully this one won't have any flaws either. I'll have to buy at least one more so I can have both the perfumes I use on a regular basis with me.

Don't really have anything negative to say, I think it's a cool little thing, and it's nice to have a small portion of your perfume/body sprays with you. I buy them from feelunique, and think they are very affordable.

on 10/25/2013 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Looks nice and filling the Travalo is very easy. So shortly after my first Travalo, I bought two more in a sale.

But unfortunately, they leak!! Send a photo/complaint to Travalo, got a new one (number four). Great service. But my new one leaks even worse. Full to empty in about a week!!
I'm not putting any more of my expensive perfume in these.

Refill with a different perfume is also not an option, the scents will mix and become awfull.

Nice idea, but a big fail if you ask me...

on 7/30/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I own 8 Travalo's, I know I went over board when I first heard about it couple of years ago. I love that I can take the perfume I'm wearing that day with me to freshen up. I love how easy it is to transfer the perfume into the Travalo, no mess like other atomizer where you need a funnel and it gets all over. I label each one so I know what scent I have in it. I don't think it holds 50 sprays, more like 25-30 sprays. I love the design and how small it is, just perfect to put in your purse. Now they actually carry more fun colors and so with the leather case. I'm thinking of buying the larger size the Excel.

on 6/27/2013 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the rave reviews I had to double check if I was being too critical... But honestly, the only good thing about Travalo is the concept and the easy pumping.

Who doesn't want a sleek and discreet way to carry around a fragrance that doesn't last long, but it's still lovely? I know I do! Which is why I purchased Travalo (I have one with the old packaging- half clear plastic, the lid a metallic color; and one with the newer packaging- all a metallic color with a clear slit to see how much fragrance there's left)

The positive thing about Travalo is the ease of taking off your perfume's cap, and simply pumping the fragrance. It's quick, practical, and mess-free. Also, it looks pretty and small.

Now, the bottom of the Travalo (which has a tiny hole through which you fill it up) is plastic. This means that your fragrance will seep into the plastic and you won't be able to put a different one unless you don't mind mixing formulas. This is why I got two- to be able to have one for a day scent and another for a night scent. There's no way of cleaning the inside of the tube.

Also, it will evaporate. Yes, evaporate. I just loooooove having a small "sample" of my fragrances for quick fixes throughout the day, so at first I chose to overlook this. I thought: either way, the amount it holds isn't too much to worry, you do use it up in a couple of days if you spray it as often as the fragrance disappears on your skin (btw I was using Nina by Nina Ricci. Lovely, but ZERO lasting power.) It's supposed to last 50-ish sprays, but I find it's much less, actually. About 25-30.** This is "good" because you use it up before it's gone, and it's even better if you don't fill it all up at once.

Next point. It leaks. Every time I remove the lid I can see that the spray is wet. I smear it on my wrist just to use as much of my beloved perfume as I can. So far the leaks haven't proven an inconvenience in regards of staining my purses or other items, but just how much fragrance am I supposed to lose to use this thing???? That is enough, I'm ditching this. If anyone knows about a similar product that actually works, please let me know!!

**So, between the evaporation, and the leaks, I'm surprised I have any fragrance left to spray on me throughout the day!

ps- I do use it to hold mists like the victoria secret or bath & body works ones because they're much more inexpensive (and I've yet to use one up, so I feel slightly less bad about having it evaporate) and I still get to smell nice. But all the waste still drives me nuts.

on 4/4/2013 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am so unhappy I bought this product. I've had it a few months, and when I first bought it, filled it to the brim with my regular day perfume, Chanel Chance. I went to get it out of my bag a few weeks later, and it was empty. I kind of assumed I had used it up. WRONG ASSUMPTION!!!! Last week I filled it again and put it in my bag. I was sorting out my bag today, took the atomizer out and it is EMPTY again!!!!!! I am really not happy. What a damn waste of perfectly good perfume. I read in one of the reviews below that you can put tape over the hole to stop it evaporating or leaking. Why on earth should we have to do that? Surely a perfume atomizer should not leak?! I'm really cross about this and I definitely will NOT repurchase another one. Really bad design. :(

on 2/25/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I grabbed one of these a couple weeks ago when it caught my eye at Shopper's. Apart from being super-cute (purple zebra print!), it's really handy. It's easy to fill, just make sure you align the bottom of the atomizer properly with the scent dispenser straw and don't pump too fast. I love that my printed one has a little clear window so you can see how much is in it I currently have Gaga's Fame black perfume in mine and I can clearly see that barely any is gone, though it's been filled for almost 2 weeks and I use it daily, which means there is little to no evaporation. The contraption itself is quite sturdy, so it's unlikely to get broken and the lid is secure, meaning it's unlikely to fall off and leak. I haven't experienced any leakage around the valve that I've noticed, so if it has at all, it's so minimal so as to not be a problem.

Only drawback is the price/size ratio, which is why a lippie came off. Mine was about 15$ CAD plus tax , so about $17 altogether for something the size of my thumb (though I have long fingers xD). But I really do like it and would probably get more to be able to have multiple scents with me while travelling.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools