Illamasqua Cream in Dixie

Illamasqua Cream Blushes

4.7

on 9/14/2018 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's taken years for me to find the perfect cream blush that is not too sticky (Stila converitble), not too light (Makeup For Ever 215) not too brown (Bobbi Brown Powder Pink) poor packaging (Chanel Intonation - broke). I have high hopes for this one. It is just bright enough for my mature NW 25-30 skin and leaves a bit of a glow with no shimmer. I do love Hourglass Diffused Heat for evening or if I do want a bit of shimmer. Just beautiful and lasts. But that is another story.....

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Dixie is a bright pinky coral cream blush with no shimmer. I am very fair, but this blush is incredibly flattering. The formula is very nice, and it looks very natural on the skin. I love the packaging too.

on 11/9/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very creamy. Very pigmented. The color was a lot brighter in person than what is on the website, but I still liked it. It blends well, but it doesn't take much product, at least not for my light skin. There is a slight sheen to it and the lasting power is literally all day if you don't rub your face. At first I hated this blush, but after revisiting it and using a beauty blender to apply, I love it! It goes on so smooth and is easy to blend. Overall, this is a good cream blush with quite a bit of product!

on 4/21/2014 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my 1st review but I read so many I thought it was my turn to share! This product is worth raving about. I have a stack of blushes (MAC, Estee Lauder, NARS (Orgasm & Dolce Vita), Illamasqua powder blush (Naked Rose) Bourjois... etc?) but I give specials props to this one because it has a beautiful sheen to it so I don't need to put a highlighter on my cheekbones as well. The color looks bold in its packaging but it's sheer... But highly pigmented so you only need a tiny bit. I put it on immediately after my liquid foundation so they blend & dry together, and I put it on with a stippling brush. You only need a TINY bit so even though it's a bit above-average expensive, it will last a looong time. I would buy again and would love to try other colors.

on 2/19/2014 7:15:00 PM

A gorgeous medium pink colour that gives a natural flush across the cheeks. Think the colour of redskins (confectionary) when looking at the blush in the pan.
Cream products are easy to apply and spread well, blending easily with the skin.
Has an amazing scent like starbursts.
Comes in a sleek, black container with the shape of an elegantly squished square . Lid is not the easiest to open, a bit like the mac eyeshadows, but I can live with it.
Good price for a wonderful product.
Will recommend even though I am not really a blush user.

on 8/27/2013 3:57:00 PM

This is my everyday blush. It gives such a beautiful natural color and a nice glow. It is pigmented, but not overly pigmented like some other Illamasqua blushes! The quality is great and I love the illamasqua packaging. I have nothing bad to say about this blush!

on 8/20/2013 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I got this color in a swap after having purchased Zygomatic and loved it. While zygomatic is very natural and brownish pink, this is CORAL PINK. I use my fingers to apply these, and even after I blended it in, I still had to grab a stippling brush to blend it out, it's so pigmented. It was a tad scary at first but it really is a lovely color on my NC30-35 skin. I also have dry skin which is why I was leaning toward the cream blush in the first place, so the staying power on me is awesome, better than any other blush I've tried. Oily girls may not have luck with these, they are quite "slippery". Love the pleasant sort of vanilla smell too. Total repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Erm, was I using a different blush to all of the other reviewers? It definitely doesn't stay on all day, I was lucky if it stayed an hour on me! Lovely consistency, nice to blend, great colour, but what's the point in all of that if it won't even stay on? I tried it with and without foundation, tried setting it with powder but to no avail. I've had more luck with my maybelline dream touch cream blush which was half the price. I've heard that the powder blushes are nice but I have a patch of eczema on my cheek which powder seems to highlight, so I have to use cream blushes. Unfortunately this didn't make it into my make up collection and I put it up for swap.

on 8/19/2011 10:51:00 AM

Pro:
- Beautiful peachy pink colour!
- STAYS ALL DAY!!
- Easy to blend

Con:
- The plastic packaging feels a bit cheap.

In sum, LOVE LOVE LOVE this blush! I think I'll literally throw away all my other powder blushes since no one lasts longer than this. Plus it's a cream formula which looks so natural!

on 7/19/2011 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

An excellent blush! Thank you very much for your recommendations. This is a superb natural blush for nc40 skin. If you want more drama add more, it depends on your mood. The product like all illamasqua products is highly pigmented and leaves my dehydrated skin glowy and healthy looking .Thanks again.

Popular Blush Products