71%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

The smell of this cream is terrible. I was thinking maybe mine is bad but reading through some reviews, this cream has a very strong oily smell like rancid oil. Probably the macadamia. It is very moisturizing but also quite greasy and take a long time to sink into the skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlack

4 months ago

This one is a hard no for me. I bought it on a whim because I really struggle with finding stuff that works for my hands (I have dry skin everywhere, but my hands get really bad and tend to peel and crack if I don't put on hand cream constantly) and I've always heard good things about Soap and Glory. Unfortunately, this one did not work for me at all. First of all, the smell is horrible. It doesn't have that weird smell a lot of hand creams seem to have, but it is a very strong, very artificial smell. It's triggered migraines for me a few times (scent is a big trigger for me), and it does not fade much and I can still smell it after I wash my hands. At first all I can smell is artificial floral (rose, maybe, with something else I can't place), but as I rub it in it also smells kind of bitter. It also does almost nothing for moisturizing my hands.Putting this on is less effective (at least from how my hands feel) than using a regular lotion from, say, Bath & Body Works. Within maybe 5 minutes, it feels like I applied nothing, and the skin on my hands feels dry and tight. The tube says it's non-greasy, and I have to disagree. I think this leaves more of a greasy residue on my hands than most other hand creams I've tried, and it feels more like I have a salve on than a cream. Even if this worked miracles for my hands, I would not repurchase it because of the scent. I think this is the most heavily scented product I've ever owned, other than perfume (I've had actual perfumes that weren't this strong). It just totally overpowers everything, which I find very strange for a hand cream, but maybe it's just because I'm so sensitive to many scented products.

About reviewer (108 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

I love this hand cream!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

Very nice hand cream at a reasonable price and size ($10CAD). Does a great job at hydrating my hands but it’s neither too rich or too light. Doesn’t leave any greasiness of my hands which I despise. Smell is nice and not overpowering. This also leave a “coating” on your hands, not like residue grease but as if you put a smoothing primer on your hands. Gives your hands that silky/slippery feel which I assume would be the silicones in this.

About reviewer (297 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I've tried many, MANY hand creams and this is definitely among my favorites. It's rich enough to be very moisturizing but not at all greasy. It adds moisture without adding any weird residue the way some hand products do; it all sinks in beautifully. I was not a huge fan of the scent at first, but I've grown to love it. If you don't like strong fragrances you may not like this. I love it and will definitely buy many times!

About reviewer (251 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0
from

2 years ago

I really wish I could love this stuff. My hands are so very dry as of late, and as an active WAHM, I need something that soaks in quickly and works without endless reapplication. This cream does all of that. But the smell! I must be smelling something that the other reviewers aren't, because it doesn't smell soft and sugary and floral to me -- it smells harsh and astringent. I've tried to deal with it, but it's just far too strong a fragrance for me to handle on other people, let alone anywhere near my face. S&G, make an unscented version of this and I'll be a customer for life!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2 years ago

Although this cream was non-greasy, Hand Food did not moisturize or soften my hands. In fact, after the initial application wore off, I felt as if I hadn't apply hand cream at all.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

2 years ago

This is the BEST hand cream I have ever used. I’ve tried them all-either they were too greasy or unable to moisturize my hands. This however, is perfect! Sinks right in & keeps my hands baby soft, even in the coldest of weathers! Highly recommend.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

I recently bought this in a gift set for my mom for Christmas and she's in love with it! If you're familiar with gloves in a bottle, it's very similar. Our hands get very cracked and dry in the winter time, but immediately after applying just the smallest dab and rubbing it in our hands feel hydrated and like satin. It smells so wonderful and we're able to use our cell phones without leaving grease streaks across the screens. I think this one belongs on my 2 Die 4 list. I hated using lotion because it always left my hands greasy but everything about this product is luxurious! I'd recommend this to any one of my friends! And at a great price, who could argue it? We've already returned to purchase 2 more bottles just to have in stock! Give this a go if you want baby soft skin that glows and smells heavenly.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Other, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I got this in a gift set last holiday season. I always hear how amazing Soap and Glory is, so I wanted to give it a try. I didn’t like this hand cream. I didn’t like the scent and I felt like it took forever to sink into the skin. I also didn’t feel like it was all that moisturizing. I have been pushing myself to use up my tube before I go back to using my L’Occitane hand creams. I definitely wouldn’t repurchase and I just don’t see the reason for all the hype behind the brand.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair