MAC Fantasia

4.2

on 5/19/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I agree with the previous reviewer who said that this is a '90s throwback in terms of its brown tones. Since I'm not ready to revisit my least favourite style decade, I use a coral lipliner to pull it more toward a copper. When I wear it like this, it's coppery red and quite lovely. I often find the Lustre formulation a little drying, but this is not too bad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Fantasia is a bit of a 90's throwback shade - a deep rosy brown, and far more brown to me than rose. It has good colour payoff, is moist and creamy, and can compliment both a casual and a more dressed up glamorous look. I bet many different warm or cool complexions could pull this off. It's very versatile.

Texture is soft, and it does transfer. Like other MAC lipsticks it has a vanilla/chocolate fragrance and to me at least, no flavour other than a very faint waxiness. Packaging is the usual sturdy, smart but nothing amazing to look at MAC bullet.

I do like this lipstick (it was given to me in a gift set) as it is versatile, classy and well behaved, easy to wear on any occasion and pleasent on the lips. I also suspect that these 90's brown shades are going to become popular again someday soon so I am happy to hoard this for that time. But until then? It does not scream "wear me" like my beloved reds, deep pinks and berries do. It does not make me feel special. I'd wear this if there were nothing else available, but I haven't chosen it over any other shade I own for a very long time.

on 1/9/2010 12:01:00 PM

This is one of the best your lips only better lippies I've ever tried. Gorgeous brownish pink, subtle shimmer, very moisturizing, quite unique shade. It's too bad I had to buy the whole holiday set it came with to get it since the lipliner and gloss that aren't really special. Please MAC, make this lipstick for purchase individually!

NC40. Also love this color. I got it in the holiday lip bag too and it's the best thing in the bag by far. It doesn't clash with my skin and it seems to be on the of an every day color and a dressy color. It's a perfect mix of brownish, pinky/red. Wish MAC would make this permanent too.

on 7/15/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This is a very flattering shade of muted pinkish-brown. Looks lovely in the tube and is complimentary to my caramel complexion. I would definitely purchase again.

I got this with the House of Mirth bag and hardly wear it. It's too greasy and red for me, which is weird because it looks terra cotta in the tube. I wear it like chapstick when no one will see me.

on 11/28/2009 10:37:00 PM

Beautiful color. This lippie is brownish red (deep rose), suits my NC25 complexion perfectly. It makes you look so glamorous but not too much, perfect for the holidays. It looks even better with the Get Rich Quick dazzleglass that comes with it in the lip bag. i wish MAC would make both the lippie and dazzleglass part of their permanent collection.

This is one of the lipsticks from the Holiday 2009 House of Mirth Deep Lip Bag.

It's a lustre formula, so it glides on smoothly. It has decent staying power. Color is described as a "Deep rose", I would describe it similarly, maybe a sheer burgundy. It is Limited Edition.

While it is a very pretty fall shade, I feel it can be easily duped so I wouldn't repurchase. Nice formula though! If you like the rest of the items in this Holiday bag, get it!

This lipstick comes with the deep lip bag from the MAC Holiday Collection 09. I really like this color. It's a rosy color. The lipstick is pretty chear on the lips because it's a lustre. But with a lip liner under it, it's very opaque and gives a deep sexy lipcolor.

on 11/1/2009 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This lippie came out with the holiday sets this season. The color is a soft rose color that gives me a very natural look. As the lipstick is almost the same color as my lips. I think it looks absolutely beautiful worn alone or layered under the Get Rich Quick Dazzleglass that is included in this set. I hope that this color someday makes it into the permanant collection. I would rebuy in a heartbeat!