4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

For reference I have combination, sensitive, pimple-prone skin; my t-zone is oily in the summer though this normalizes in the winter when my cheeks have a tendency to dry out and year-round I am prone to pimples on forehead, nose, chin, right cheek and jawline. Having suffered from mild but constant acne in my teens and constant pimples in adulthood I purchased this product back in May (2010) as I have been trying to make a move into more conscious skincare, by that I mean being aware of what is in the products I am using and why they are in there and being aware of my own carbon footprint. I find rinse-off cleansers a difficult thing to justify, though they are my preferred cleanser, as it spends so little time on your skin so its hard to tell if the good ingredients have a chance to do anything worthwhile but having used some terrible cleansers and finding this such a lovely one to use I figure it is better to have the good stuff in it than not. This gentle cleanser only lathers slightly, not too much as it doesn't contain SLS, and as a result does not strip my skin so I don't necessarily need to follow with toner or moisturizer, my face just feels so clean and healthy not at all bogged down with potential toxins from previous skincare. I have used this solely and religiously for roughly 5 months now and the result remains the same. (I'm afraid I cannot comment on how it removes makeup as I use a cleansing oil for that job.) This costs £12 for 100ml, which I actually think is quite reasonable for such a good product, and after using a single pump twice a day every day I'm somewhere between half to 3/4 through the bottle. Due to the active ingredients this only has a shelf life of 6 months once opened so I have recently stepped my dosage up to two pumps in the evening and when I repurchase I'll use two pumps each use which means I should be finishing the product by the 6 month mark instead of having so much remaining. £24 for a year's worth of excellent cleansing is not too high a price in my opinion. The packaging is excellent, the bottle is entirely recyclable plastic and made using 100% Post Consumer Regrind making its carbon footprint negligible. The pump is airtight meaning that no air can get in to kill the active ingredients and the bottle is totally opaque, which on the one hand is unfortunate as you cannot see how much product remains but is necessary to prevent light also affecting the ingredients and therefore degrading the product; packaging like this also reduces the need for preservatives. Will I repurchase? Without a shadow of a doubt, by far the best cleanser I have ever used. From the NUDE Skincare website: 'our skincare products are 98% natural and use ingredients that the body can understand and use without harm. Nude chooses to formulate without parabens, sulphates, PEGs, TEAs and DEAs, propylene glycol, phthalates, GMOs, mineral oils and silicones.'

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I have normal/dry although this wash is for normal/oily it doesn't dry me out more than a face wash for normal skin. I particularly notice the way this wash leaves my skin feeling, not only clean but soft and nicely textured. I've had no break outs or reactions and I'd say this was ok for mildly sensitive skin like mine. I used the Ren face wash before this and find this just as good if not better and (marginally) cheaper. It comes in a pump bottle but downside is the opaque packaging means you can't tell how much you've used. It's expensive for a daily wash but I only need one pump to wash my face and for me looking after your face day to day is just as important as slapping expensive stuff on it.

About reviewer (148 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

10 years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Between the smell, the smooth-rich lather, and the amazing results on my face I am in LOVE with this cleanser. Although it lathers, it does NOT dry out skin. I use this daily and one or two days a week switch it up with NUDE's Cleansing Facial Oil. I have combination skin and this has definitely helped balance it out.. Once you try, you will fall in love.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

10 years ago

Nude uses organic ingredients when possible and the packaging is recyclable. This cleanser ($34) smells of bitter orange water and gently foams to cleanse my skin without over drying. I wouldn't call it moisturizing, but because it doesn't strip my skin, in the heat of summer I do not even need a separate moisturizer. I also credit this for keeping my skin breakout free. The price may seem steep but just one little pump is needed and I anticipate it lasting several months. Ingredients: water (aqua), decyl glucoside (coconut, palm kernel and glucose), sucrose laurate (cane and coconut), caprylyl/capryl glucoside (beet and palm), moringa pterygosperma seed extract, alpha-glucan oligosaccharide (corn and beet), aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe vera)*, xanthan gum (fermented sugar), sclerotium gum (fermented sugar), alcohol (corn), glycerin (plant sources), dicaprylyl ether (coconut or palm), lauryl alcohol (coconut or palm), citric acid (beet), pca ethyl cocoyl arginate (coconut), galactaric acid (apple pectin), caramel, dextrin (corn), yucca schidigera leaf/root/stem extract, natural fragrance (parfum), geraniol (essential oil), phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate. *certified organic ingredient

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age25-29