MAC Devil May Dare Warm eye palette

Devil May Dare Warm eye paletteDevil May Dare Warm eye palette

4.5

on 12/16/2010 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this palette in a swap several months ago and I have literally used this maybe 3 times. I don't really like this that much, the colors are nice and apply great and blend perfectly but the colors are just not "me". The colors include, Oh my darling(f): A creamy beige, pretty much a dupe for brule. Dare ya!(VP): A peachy pink with more pink than peach with a slight golden sheen. Sorcery(S): A matte bergundy with a slight brown cast. Gold Tease(F): A golden shimmery yellow. Prankster(VP): This one is hard to explain, It's a gold with green running through it. Last is Devilishly Dark(F): A dark chocolate brown with gold glitters, a dead dupe for buckwheat. I like that all these come in a sleek compact but I would not repurchase. I will not take away any points based on me just not liking the colors though.

on 11/1/2010 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i love these shadows so much, because they are so pigmented and long-lasting, the most important thing is that they never crease, so perfect.

on 6/17/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Totally love this palette. Colors are so pretty and blendable and lots of pigment especially if used with a wet brush. I love how pretty the compact is too. Very sophisticated looking.

Love this palette! I picked this up at a Makeup Company store since it was from last season, got a great deal only 25 dollars. Since I have hazel eyes these colors are amazing!!!! I love the top row with a raisin eye pencil, the burgundy plum color shows up amazing over the cream frost. This is the first palette I have purchased from MAC and I have to say I am very pleased. If you live near a Makeup Company store (outlet) I highly recommend scouting for this set.

on 3/5/2010 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The colors in this palette blend really well with my skin tone. I have warm undertones and so the colors look very natural. This palette contains colors that are quite different from my other warmer shadow palettes and so it was a particularly good buy. You can layer the colors to achieve natural to dramatic looks. Since the colors go really well with each other, you can really play with the combinations. The texture is smooth and easy to apply. The packaging is also compact and durable. I'm very pleased with this palette.

on 2/2/2010 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This was the first mac product i had purchased - Paid approx. $85 Australian. They are Really nice colours but... i have had just as nice colours in maybelline eyeshadows for a margin of the price!? But i really love these colours - they are FAB- but just a bit too costly in Aust. $ :-(

on 1/6/2010 1:19:00 AM

I never miss buying an eye shadow set every winter, and this is one of my favorites. I love the colors and they wear true to tone. I like how the pink eye shadows work well together along with the other three. The packaging is beautiful, I like the new design. In past years they just change the outside cover and keep the same shape. Over all great buy if you can stile buy it you really should.

on 12/27/2009 4:20:00 AM

I normally don't buy MAC products. Why? Because I see the crowd around the counters and I just can't bring myself to deal with that. Can't get to the items I want to see and the sales folks are usually busy consulting other clients.

Miracle of miracles, I went to Bloomindale's with a friend at lunch one day, and there was NO ONE around. Not a soul. I was able to enjoy browsing through the holiday line to my hearts content.

Walked away with the Devil May Dare Warm Eye palette. The little compact it comes in, so adorable - with the little circles of color. Good sized, square compact has a mirror on the inside lid. Six amazing colors that totally can be mixed and matched. I've been wearing these colors in every combination possible since I bought this. The pigmentation is ok (you do have to pile it on) - so minus one lippy for that. But it does go on very smooth, and once you layer on enough color, it's lovely.

on 11/25/2009 12:40:00 PM

First of all the brush is way better than last year's holiday kit (I can actually use it). I was not quite sure if I would like the colors but it was the best choice for my coloring so I went with it. I have to use an eyeshadow primer (Merle Norman) as the some of the colors are midtone and show up light on me but work and last great w/ the primer. I really like prankster (olive toned vellux) and gold tease (mid tone gold frost). Oh my darling (pale cream frost) is great for a brow high lighter. I really like to wear these frosty colors in combination w/ some matte eyeshadows I already have. Have yet to use the others but so far just validates the reason why I am very loyal to MAC for eyeshadows.
One last comment, I did not feel MAC's website showed the colors very accurately. I went on Dillards.com website and the colors were shown much closer to the actual colors.

on 11/24/2009 10:13:00 PM

I bought this pallet because I actually don't have many colors like the ones in here--I like very colorful or very dark eyes, but this seems to be a lot more neutral than what I'm used to. In fact, the first day I wore it, several of my young students commented that they didn't like my eyeshadow, saying is was too normal! I did try the colors on before I bought it, and was reminded of bridal makeup. The colors are nice, and the payoff is excellent. You can easily see all the colors on my nw20 skin. However I did let my darker friend try the pallet and the colors were not vibrant on her. I also don't particulary care for the packaging, either. I think the colors are beautiful, easy to use and can be worn on almost any occasion. However, I don't think I will be using this as often as other previous pallets.

Popular Palettes