Kanebo Sensai Mascara 38 C (Volumising)

Kanebo Sensai Mascara 38 C (Volumising)

3.9

Ah wow, I love a mascara that makes my lashes come together into black smudgy clumps of product! Don't get me wrong, I don't hate mascara clumps (I do...), however, the ones framing my eyes right now are impossible to dissolve without saying good bye to what seems to be 50 % of my lashes. Nice!

on 3/7/2016 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Out of the Sensai 38 C mascaras, this isn't my favourite. It gives my lashes great volume, but it often clumps. Because the mascara dries pretty quickly, you don't have a lot of time to seperate lashes with a lash comb. I often end up with unflattering spider lashes. This is the reason why I prefer Sensai 38 C Lengthening mascara to Volumising mascara.

The biggest pro is that this mascara never smudges (like all of the Sensai 38 C mascaras). And I mean, absolutely never. Rain, wind nor humidity won't make this mascara give the dreaded panda look. I also have sensitive eyes and this mascara has never bothered me.

The biggest con is the same one I hate in all the Sensai 38 mascaras - the removing process. The mascara is supposed to come off with only 38 C or hotter water (no eye makeup remover will work). In my experience, it doesn't come easily off with warm water either. I have to soak my lashes under water for at least five minutes before the mascara starts to soften. Even then you have to pluck the mascara out of the lashes in tubes. I have tried many other tubing mascaras and, for instance, Estee Lauder's double wear zero smudge mascara is much easier to remove. The removing process is so slow that I wouldn't stand to wear the mascara every day.

All in all, Sensai 38 C mascaras are great if you need to wear a mascara that won't smudge no matter what weather condition. I won't purchase volumising mascara anymore, but I will continue buying the lengthening mascara. It just isn't an everyday mascara for me.

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

HG mascara as far as brush is concerned. I don't love tubing mascaras as they tend to be difficult to remove.
Whish they had this without the tubing technology as well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

My all time HG mascara! It's a bit pricy and cost more than I would normally spend on a mascara. The first time I bought this was because of a crazy good offer while purchasing skincare pruducts online - I gave it a try. After finding this one there's no need for me to try others.

The Sensai mascara 38C (volumising) gives me that perfect natural look with that little extra!
Great separation that covers every lash individualy, for that flattering feathery look. Intense pigmentation to cover up for my superlight scandinavian lashes.
It makes them appear longer and fuller and the best part is how long-lasting it is! It neither smudge nor flake, It holds for a bit of rain or a few tears, but is still easy to remove. I've even fallen asleep with it after wild partynights and It still looks perfect the morning after (in case i haven't been rubbing my eyes during sleep).
It also last for long before it gets unfresh and dry (5 months for me, but I'm usually only using it at weekends).
The only con I can think about is that it's a bit wet when it's band new which can make the application a bit tricky. I have very long and curly lashes which tend to reach my upper eyelids so it might smear easily during this time when it takes longer for the mascara to set/dry.

Whorth mentioning is that I'm born with good eyelashes. So I can't say what effect this mascara has on those eyelashes wishing for spectacular length, curl, volume etc.
Over all - this is a mascara i highly recommend!

Best mascara ever! It makes my lashes look huge and it's super easy to remove with just water. The only downside to this is the price.. But I think it's worth the money! And there is one weird thing about this mascara: sometimes when I try to remove it with water it just doesn't get off?? Even if the temperature of the water is 38... Well still my fave mascara!

on 2/16/2015 2:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this mascara because it makes my thin lashes thick, dark, well defined and beautiful. It is probably one of the best mascara I've ever used in that department. I work long hours and by the end of the day it flakes. It flakes a lot actually. It can also get a bit messy because you get a lot of mascara on the wand, but you can just scrape it off before applying, so that's not really a problem. Because of the flaking, I won't buy it again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

My HG mascara. I have used it I think for 5 years in a row now and will continue to do so.
All the rest of the mascaras smudge on my oily lids, but not this one. It is easy to wash it off in the evening, at first it took some time to get used to the procedure.

on 10/25/2014 3:38:00 PM

thiw is the best mascara ever, i am in love, its middle priced, its water resistant but waterproof on me, stays all day does not chip or fall and most of all gives me te best curl/ volume thet i have ever had, in my country this mascara costs the same as loreal so i i think it the best for price and what it does for my lashes :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I was really excited about the 'gimmick' behind this mascara, because I have very watery eyes in the winter as well as specific allergy seasons throughout the year, but hate the feeling of removing waterproof mascara (or rather the feeling of the little flakes that are left). I do love the wear of this product -- it's true that it really doesn't budge from the lashes. However, I don't think the removal is as magical as promised. In fact, I find it to be roughly the same as any waterproof mascara (after rinsing several times, there are still little tubes coating my lashes, and flakes falling on my cheekbones!) with the added 'bonus' that it doesn't respond particularly well to my normal cleansing oil. I'm not rating it too poorly because it may just be my cleansing method that is at fault, and I do really appreciate how it looks when I'm wearing it. I just hate getting my hopes up like this about a product, only to be left with classic raccoon eyes!

on 10/15/2012 8:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

The only mascara I can use with no primer that does not leave me with racoon eyes. Moreover, it does not irritate my sensitive eyes and stays perfect for about 10-12h.