Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

3.2

on 4/15/2017 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is now my go-to brand, it lasts a good 12 hours on me. I have found a few shades that look fab and now my MAC lipsticks stay on the shelf (2 shades of rose: 530, 538 and 2 shades of brick: 619, 626). The key is a thin layer on your lips. I use the wand to apply it on the inner part, then use my finger to swipe across the entire lip. No hard lines, better control of color. You have to do this fairly quickly though, as the stuff dries within a minute. Don't rub your lips together or touch until it's finished drying. It does get dry but I've always preferred matte and don't use their gloss.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It really lasts long they have s wife selection of volout variety. I have the newer version of this 💄 a few of them and moisturizing feel this is not the moisture department though not drying and that's that.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On the fence about this. I used to wear the original Max Factor Lipfinity which I remember as being better formula but Outlast has better color selection. It doesn't feel particularly comfortable on the lips even w the special top coat. I prefer liquid matte lipsticks (Kylie Cosmetics lipkits/Jeffree Star are 2 I really love also kvd & colourpop). I would definitely not pay full retail for one of these sets ($8+), I got mine for $3.50 at big lots. Some DC color called Always Rosy 549. My dad got it for me. The particular shade color is a yellowed pink not my fave. Reminds me of smoker yellow teeth it makes ur teeth yellow. This will prob go into the drawer of seldom used cosmetics I won't come across it for another couple of years. Forgettable, boring, matronly like a lot of Cover girl products. Cruisin' on by...I don't like how this looks or feels on my lips. And I'm bound to lose the topcoat oh well if doesn't matter any clear lip balm will do. I don't think I will repurchase. MAC is my jam. I'd like to try 1 of their long wearing lipsticks my other fave if I had to pick something well something from the DS is wetnwild & ELF. Their stuff beats out CG by a country mile wide from the DS. If u can buy something better buy Kylie, Jeffree Star, MAC, Clinique, estee Lauder, kvd or UD!

on 2/5/2017 1:52:00 AM

I like this stuff. It's pretty good. I got a lighter pink colour at first to test the product and it lasted several hours. It did kind of flake after a few hours and I did reapply the clear gloss whenever it felt dry. Maybe it wouldn't have flaked so much if I didn't keep rubbing my lips together but I can't help it, I always do it. The colour was nice.

I also wanted to buy Natural Blush because I heard it was a popular colour. I bought it today and it is such a nice colour. I can see why it's so popular. It actually looked nice with my dark hair and eyes and light skin. It is not too dark like I thought it was going to be. It's a very subtle brownish-purple colour.

I was going to get a red too but I wanted to see how these two colours were first. The red would be more visible when it starts flaking whereas the Natural Blush, you won't notice it too much at all. I had it on for roughly 8 hours and I ate and drank during that time. I kept reapplying the gloss and it actually held up really well. I just took it off about an hour ago and I saw it still looked very good and the only thing I noticed is that I could see my natural lip colour on the cracks/creases w.e you call them only when I stretched my lip and a bit on my inner bottom lip. I love the Natural Blush!

Overall, I think this product is great. I wish the clear gloss lasted longer but it was OK still. I reapplied maybe every hour or so. I only gave 4 because it definitely didn't last anywhere near 24 hours but after nearly 8 hours it looked pretty darn good.

on 11/26/2016 1:11:00 AM

So I tried this at first because my sister-in-law gave me a bunch of her old ones. She is a certified cosmetologist and has sworn by the stuff for years. So I think what she gave me expired because what I used seemed to flake easily and so I threw all the ones I tried out that didn't end up working well. I think I kept maybe a handful... Anyway, I bought some at Big Lots for $3.50 today and I am impressed! Although I didn't use the eating test, it did last a good six hours with only about two coats (one and then one more a minute later, so I'd consider that technically one application). I have used expensive stuff that doesn't work this week. So I bought three from Big Lots in Naturalast, Faint Hue and Ever-red-y and I hope they all work as well because I only spent $11! Kroger has all the shades for $8 (Big Lots only had maybe 5) so I think I'll get a darker berry shade there next time I go. And I'll use only my expensive stuff on rare occasions!

on 5/26/2016 7:54:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! I forgo the topcoat and don't bother using it at all, just the stain itself! Very pleased with how long it stays on, I can go work a full 8 and a half hour shift at a fast food restaurant and it still looks amazing by the end of the day! Not an easy feat! The only problem I have is that it can make your lips feel dry, which is why the top coat is provided bur I found if I applied the top coat my colour started fading fast!

The absolute BEST lipstick for staying put. It won't creep up in your lip lines. Don't apply too heavily, use the topcoat as needed. I use Vaseline to remove.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can not believe Covergirl is still marketing these. For the love of god... these "lipsticks" have been out since I was a greasy pre-teen. I'm 24 as I write this and the formula STILL hasn't improved.

Basically what happens is...you apply a very sticky gloss. It dries to a nasty matte texture that sucks all moisture out of your lips. And then you apply a balm over it, that just causes the glue-like gloss to gunk up in the corners of your lips.

Covergirl (finally) released a few decent products recently...such as the TruNaked palettes. They should pretend Outlast All-Day Lipcolor never happened and wipe them off the shelves.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So this stuff really is amazing. But you have to make it amazing, it's not amazing on its own. I have discovered that the matte shades are better than the shimmers. Why? I don't know. K let me explain my experience. I have the color canyon 626 and two other colors (sorry cant remember what they are called but one is a slightly shimmery pink and the other a slightly shimmery pink/purple. Canyon is a matte burnt orange brown. Very important tip, make sure your lips are smooth and soft before applying. Dont apply over dry cracked lips. So 1 you apply the color. One coat is enough for me. 2 let dry. Dont rub lips together or stretch them. Just leave your mouth alone for 1minute. 3 apply balm. The balm they provide makes your lips very shiny and deepens the color. So when I wore the canyon matte one it lasted quite a few hours but the inner center did crack and fade a little.also you have to reapply the balm throughout the day. The balm isn't fade resistant only the color is. But it really does stay on your lips without transferring. You can kiss and eat just fine. Now with the shimmery ones I apply just the same. The shimmers are more sheer than the mattes and they fade faster. But they don't transfer to stuff either. This product truly is kiss proof, food proof and waterproof. Draw back though the color and balm accentuate fine lines. And the balm doesn't actually moisturize and plump it just adds shine. K here's how to make it amazing. Dont use their balm! Use your own. I use burts bees ultra moisturizing balm. It adds the same amount of shine but actually keeps lips moist and soft. And it also extends and perfects the color. When I wore my own balm the color literally lasted all day, not fading, no cracking, no wear and tear basically. Just soft beautifully colored lips that don't transfer to anything. And the way I remove it is with a water and vinegar mix on a towel. I just rub them for a minute or two and its off. Soap and water doesn't work and neither does oil. So their you have it. I dont reccommd the shimmers and don't use the balm that comes with it.

I have no issue with the two step application, but man... it feels awful on my lips. It feels like a thin layer of plastic wrap or something. Not comfortable on, even with the clear balm on top. Plus, for "all day" wear, it does not last. It didn't last my first cup of coffee, where other less finnicky and much cheaper lipsticks last just fine. Not a fan.

I have read in lower reviews that if you only use a TIIIIINY amount it maybe lasts longer, and I will try that, but I think that would prevent my getting the opaque saturated colour that I want.

I will be sticking to my Stila liquid.