Chanel Ultra Correction LIFT Sculpting Firming SERUM

Chanel Ultra Correction LIFT Sculpting Firming SERUM

1 review

on 10/22/2009 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This review is for the SERUM from the new Chanel Ultra Correction Lift line. This is the product labeled "Sculpting Firming Concentrate" on the bottle. It is designed to be layered under your moisturizer or night time treatment. After seeing some smoothing results from a sample tube, I splurged for the full size...a ridiculously overpriced $165.00 for a 1 oz. airless pump bottle (less 1 lippie for price). However in this case I did get what I paid for. I've been using the serum during the daytime only under my regular spf 30 moisturizer. The serum is the only thing I've added or changed to my skin care routine, so I can only attribute the improvements to this product. After nearly six weeks of use my skin looks visibly plumper and smoother (I don't mean plumper as in fat or puffy--just more "filled in" looking!). The little hollows of my face don't seem to cast the deep shadows they used to, and my overall skin surface is more even-textured. The difference is noticeable with or without makeup, and in dim or bright light, which is impressive. I've had no breakouts, millia or any other bad side effects from this product.

The Ultra Correction Lift Serum is one of only two products I've used that I can honestly say delivered a significant, noticeable difference in my skin in a short amount of time (the other being Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5). If you are 35+ and/or have definite signs of aging, I highly recommend getting your hands on some sample tubes and trying out this product!

UPDATE 4/10: After several months of use I seemed to have reached a plateau with this product. Either that, or my skin just seems to have become immune to this serum. Continued use seems to only maintain the first initial results, but no further improvement happens. This was great out of the gate but all the "bang" was in in the first two months...then nothing. Considering the price and the lack of continued improvement, I'm not sure i will be purchasing this again. I will use up my current bottle and then stop using it for a while to see what happens. Will post any new developments! continued >>