Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter
Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter

on 6/6/2010 2:16:00 PM

Let me simply add my agreement to the great reviews for Pewter. It's a gorgeous combination of hues that work well with everything. Another hit from Bobbi!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Maybe there's little point in reviewing Pewter, because what can I say that others haven't?
WOW. I am so glad that I bought into the hype. In the month that I've owned it, Pewter has shot straight up to the top of my list of favorite shadows.
I almost wish I had bought a back-up, and I am *not* a back-up person.

The color is the most special part of Pewter. Other attributes, like texture, lasting time, wear, packaging - are all good, but the color is what makes tracking down this eyeshadow worth it.
At first glance, I would call Pewter a silver, or for a two-word description "dirty silver". I have no idea where all the talk of bronze comes from ... though there may be bronze tones in there somewhere, it's just not bronze-colored. So silver, but warmed from its coolness into neutral territory - it's warm and it's cool. It's silver, but there's gold in there, too. There's a tiny touch of brown (or bronze?), and a good measure of a muted, light sage green.

The result? It looks great on its own, but more importantly, it goes with EVERYTHING. I have yet to try a combo that doesn't work, and it's not for lack of dedication.
Pewter looks great along with neutrals, adding a sheen, and bringing everything together - browns, beige, whatever, it does a great job of just adding another dimension to a neutral look.
It's great with other metallic colors. Silver and bronze are no-brainers, but has anyone worn it with gold? My New Year's Eve makeup (which I loved) was Pewter matched with a bold gold liner (Urban Decay's Eldorado) along the top lashes, tight-lined with black.
Pewter is gorgeous with colors. I've been having fun trying it with all of my Urban Decay liners, and it looks great! Obviously it's great blended with other shadows, too. One liner that's breathtakingly gorgeous with Pewter is Bobbi Brown's Gel Eyeliner in Forest Shimmer Ink, a dark olive green with gold shimmer, along the lines of Urban Decay's Stash liner, Sue Devitt's Bangalore Eye Intensifier, or MAC's Vintage Gold pigment.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'll join the love for Pewter here. This is an awesome shadow. It's reading silver on my monitor but, as described on the BB website, it is a cool bronze. It is nicely pigmented and with a creamy texture. This looks great with brown and black liners. I have even tried it with MAC's Black Greasestick as a base and it looked so rich. The Chrome shadows have 3g of product where the standard BB shadows have only 2.5g. You won't be sorry with this very versatile color.