Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter
Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The Chrome shadow in Pewter is perhaps one of the best products Bobbi Brown has come out with so far. Pewter is a lovely taupe color with hints of gold, silver, and a sage green. It is unlike any shadow I have ever seen before. I thought it might be similar to BB's Sage metallic shadow which I already have, but they are very, very different. Sage is far more green and cool, while Pewter is warmer and not overtly green. The green in Pewter is subtle. One of the best things about Pewter is its texture and finish. The texture is soft and smooth. It applies evenly with excellent pigmentation. It blends beautifully. Fallout is never a problem.

Pewter looks wonderful paired with my hazel green eyes, super fair skin, and dark hair. I can wear it all alone for a simple day look or pair with some dark liner for a more dramatic look. Pewter is a versatile shade that is neutral but far from boring. At $22, Pewter is more expensive than BB's other powder shadow offerings. You get special packaging, a beautiful color, and an unparalled texture to make this a worthwhile investment however. Pewter is LE, so I strongly suggest that those interested in buying it do so quickly.

on 10/22/2009 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yessssss!!! Bobbi Brown finally put out another new eyeshadow that I actually LOVE! There are 3 new Chrome Eyeshadows, all LE, so you'd better hunt them down now before they are gone! (I have experienced this with BB LE items... once they are gone, they are almost impossible to find, unless you want to pay an arm & a leg on ebay.) Anyway, about this new eyeshadow... calling it "chrome" is a bit of an exaggeration. This eyeshadow formula is what all the BB metallic eyeshadows *should* be, but are not. I would describe this as having more of a metallic finish, maybe even like a shimmery satin- but not quite a frost. Also, no HORRID GLITTER to speak of! (YAY!!!)
The color is unique to my collection. The BB website describes it as a "cool bronze metallic," but on (and in) my eyes... I see it as a silvered taupe. Simply stunning! This would look GORGEOUS on pale-blue-eyed lasses for sure! I have hazel eyes (muted green/brown), and this one is a winner for me. I wore this on the lid with MAC Coquette in the crease- but I am sure you can wear almost any darker color in the crease and have this eyeshadow work its magic for you. It really is THAT pretty! Also, don't be scared by the word "chrome" in the description. This will NOT look like molten, shiny, metal on your lids... which makes it perfect for daytime wear, too. This is one color that BB should consider making permanent, because I just find it so unique and pretty. I swore off buying backups, but if I make a dent in this and ever see it in a CCO... I would DEFINITELY buy another!

Top Rated Eye Shadow