Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter

Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter
Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter

on 11/14/2010 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pretty eyes! Thats what they said all day, love this color, flecks of gold, taupe shimmer with pewter, perfect combo of light to add attention to my root beer brown eyes. Lasts a long time, easy to apply!

on 6/6/2010 2:16:00 PM

Let me simply add my agreement to the great reviews for Pewter. It's a gorgeous combination of hues that work well with everything. Another hit from Bobbi!

on 12/14/2009 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This "chrome" eyeshadow is called "pewter," which is really a misnomer. There is a lot of cool gold, taupe, and on my skin, a luminous sage/olive green undertone. I was quite stunned when I saw the shadow in person. It's equivalent to the range and complexity of shades and hues in the BB metallic longwear cream shadow in Goldstone but in a silky powder form.

I tried it first just in the crease but that limiting approach looked just plain boring. I have a rather large area from the crease to the brow bone so I swiped one brushstroke over each area. Gorgeous! And I'm talking daytime wear. I applied BB Black Plum shimmerwash to the lids, UD 24/7 liner in bourbon to top and bottom lashlines, blended some of the MUFE Aqua Eyes in Shimmering Plum (4L), smudged, blended some more, added mascara. What a classy, elegant, modern look for a gal of my age. I have to hand it to Bobbi Brown for coming up with ways to update one's look without having to overhaul it. She is the best for chic neutrals, even better than Dior, and cheaper.

I know that some gals complain about the price of her e/s but they last forever. I've hit pan once in Navajo in the Stonewashed Nudes palette purchased not quite 2 years ago. The quality of this shadow is superb; just a small amount gives maximum effect, and the finish is a combination of a subtle luminance with a soft-focus color on the lids. It is very different from her shimmerwashes. I can see myself using this eyeshadow year round; it's versatile, practical, and complements my blue eyes well. The eye color doesn't pop; it just becomes a bit more intense.

I put that I'd re-purchase because it is a winner but I doubt I'll run out of this product and since it's LE, we'll have to see how Bobbi deals with the success of this chrome line.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'll join the love for Pewter here. This is an awesome shadow. It's reading silver on my monitor but, as described on the BB website, it is a cool bronze. It is nicely pigmented and with a creamy texture. This looks great with brown and black liners. I have even tried it with MAC's Black Greasestick as a base and it looked so rich. The Chrome shadows have 3g of product where the standard BB shadows have only 2.5g. You won't be sorry with this very versatile color.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The most perfect metallic colour ever!!!! Pewter is not a cool icy silver nor a warm yellow gold..... it sits right in the middle as is the most versatile neutral metallic eyeshadow that works with any look.

Layer over a shadow primer, it covers as a velvety metallic and is not sparkly or shimmery at all. Great colour payoff too! I have used it over all my lid and then I blend it with a crease/outer V in brown, blues, or green so far and it looks gorgeous. Totally wearable to the office too since it isn't sparkly. It's the most perfect colour to compliment a snugly grey sweater.

on 11/23/2009 11:15:00 PM

I adore this eyeshadow! It makes you look like a million dollars. It adds the perfect amount of shimmer without looking frosty gross. It works for everyday and can easily be jazzed up for night. With the holidays approaching this is a must have!! HG for me for sure! Please do not make this limited edition Bobbi!

on 10/22/2009 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yessssss!!! Bobbi Brown finally put out another new eyeshadow that I actually LOVE! There are 3 new Chrome Eyeshadows, all LE, so you'd better hunt them down now before they are gone! (I have experienced this with BB LE items... once they are gone, they are almost impossible to find, unless you want to pay an arm & a leg on ebay.) Anyway, about this new eyeshadow... calling it "chrome" is a bit of an exaggeration. This eyeshadow formula is what all the BB metallic eyeshadows *should* be, but are not. I would describe this as having more of a metallic finish, maybe even like a shimmery satin- but not quite a frost. Also, no HORRID GLITTER to speak of! (YAY!!!)
The color is unique to my collection. The BB website describes it as a "cool bronze metallic," but on (and in) my eyes... I see it as a silvered taupe. Simply stunning! This would look GORGEOUS on pale-blue-eyed lasses for sure! I have hazel eyes (muted green/brown), and this one is a winner for me. I wore this on the lid with MAC Coquette in the crease- but I am sure you can wear almost any darker color in the crease and have this eyeshadow work its magic for you. It really is THAT pretty! Also, don't be scared by the word "chrome" in the description. This will NOT look like molten, shiny, metal on your lids... which makes it perfect for daytime wear, too. This is one color that BB should consider making permanent, because I just find it so unique and pretty. I swore off buying backups, but if I make a dent in this and ever see it in a CCO... I would DEFINITELY buy another!