Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter
Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter

on 6/6/2010 2:16:00 PM

Let me simply add my agreement to the great reviews for Pewter. It's a gorgeous combination of hues that work well with everything. Another hit from Bobbi!

on 12/14/2009 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This "chrome" eyeshadow is called "pewter," which is really a misnomer. There is a lot of cool gold, taupe, and on my skin, a luminous sage/olive green undertone. I was quite stunned when I saw the shadow in person. It's equivalent to the range and complexity of shades and hues in the BB metallic longwear cream shadow in Goldstone but in a silky powder form.

I tried it first just in the crease but that limiting approach looked just plain boring. I have a rather large area from the crease to the brow bone so I swiped one brushstroke over each area. Gorgeous! And I'm talking daytime wear. I applied BB Black Plum shimmerwash to the lids, UD 24/7 liner in bourbon to top and bottom lashlines, blended some of the MUFE Aqua Eyes in Shimmering Plum (4L), smudged, blended some more, added mascara. What a classy, elegant, modern look for a gal of my age. I have to hand it to Bobbi Brown for coming up with ways to update one's look without having to overhaul it. She is the best for chic neutrals, even better than Dior, and cheaper.

I know that some gals complain about the price of her e/s but they last forever. I've hit pan once in Navajo in the Stonewashed Nudes palette purchased not quite 2 years ago. The quality of this shadow is superb; just a small amount gives maximum effect, and the finish is a combination of a subtle luminance with a soft-focus color on the lids. It is very different from her shimmerwashes. I can see myself using this eyeshadow year round; it's versatile, practical, and complements my blue eyes well. The eye color doesn't pop; it just becomes a bit more intense.

I put that I'd re-purchase because it is a winner but I doubt I'll run out of this product and since it's LE, we'll have to see how Bobbi deals with the success of this chrome line.

on 11/23/2009 11:15:00 PM

I adore this eyeshadow! It makes you look like a million dollars. It adds the perfect amount of shimmer without looking frosty gross. It works for everyday and can easily be jazzed up for night. With the holidays approaching this is a must have!! HG for me for sure! Please do not make this limited edition Bobbi!