Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter

Bobbi Brown Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter
Chrome Eyeshadow in Pewter

on 12/27/2009 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is such a beautiful color. Quietly dramatic is the best way to describe it - and the blend of colors will work with any complexion. I would not wear this into the office but it's lovely for a special event. However, on me it made my very slightly dry eyelids (only happens in cold weather) look very crepy. This is not something I usually ever notice and I think it's due to the higher level of shimmer in this particular shadow. I can't wear this, but I wish I could. Maybe with a primer this would work for an evening look once in a while. I hate to say I would not repurchase this, as it seems unfair to the product, but I'd have to fuss with this to make it work (and I never have to fuss with Bobbi Brown shadows - they are the best).

on 12/14/2009 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This "chrome" eyeshadow is called "pewter," which is really a misnomer. There is a lot of cool gold, taupe, and on my skin, a luminous sage/olive green undertone. I was quite stunned when I saw the shadow in person. It's equivalent to the range and complexity of shades and hues in the BB metallic longwear cream shadow in Goldstone but in a silky powder form.

I tried it first just in the crease but that limiting approach looked just plain boring. I have a rather large area from the crease to the brow bone so I swiped one brushstroke over each area. Gorgeous! And I'm talking daytime wear. I applied BB Black Plum shimmerwash to the lids, UD 24/7 liner in bourbon to top and bottom lashlines, blended some of the MUFE Aqua Eyes in Shimmering Plum (4L), smudged, blended some more, added mascara. What a classy, elegant, modern look for a gal of my age. I have to hand it to Bobbi Brown for coming up with ways to update one's look without having to overhaul it. She is the best for chic neutrals, even better than Dior, and cheaper.

I know that some gals complain about the price of her e/s but they last forever. I've hit pan once in Navajo in the Stonewashed Nudes palette purchased not quite 2 years ago. The quality of this shadow is superb; just a small amount gives maximum effect, and the finish is a combination of a subtle luminance with a soft-focus color on the lids. It is very different from her shimmerwashes. I can see myself using this eyeshadow year round; it's versatile, practical, and complements my blue eyes well. The eye color doesn't pop; it just becomes a bit more intense.

I put that I'd re-purchase because it is a winner but I doubt I'll run out of this product and since it's LE, we'll have to see how Bobbi deals with the success of this chrome line.

on 12/4/2009 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

HOLY CRAP ! This shadow is absolutely awesome ! Thank you Di for telling me over and over just how much you love this. I finally broke down and got it and wow am I ever glad I did. If you like Mac Pigments or shadows with shimmer/frost/ etc. you will LOVE this. Not to say it's frosty or shimmery--it's not. It's a finish like none other. "Chrome" IS a great word for it. It looks so "expensive" on the lid ! So professional and gorgeous. And it lasts all day long-(( -but then, ALL my shadows last all day when I have my trusty Painterly Paint Pot on underneath, as I always do. )) Ladies you better not wait --go get this shadow now before they're all gone since it is LE. I am off to buy the gold one and my forever generous pal Diane is sending me the Silver so I'll have them all ! Oh how I hope BB does some other colors in this finish. Wow--I will be in big trouble, but the good kind of trouble. LOL I hope you all at least try this--I don't think you'll be disappointed--this is HG stuff gals !!!

on 10/22/2009 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yessssss!!! Bobbi Brown finally put out another new eyeshadow that I actually LOVE! There are 3 new Chrome Eyeshadows, all LE, so you'd better hunt them down now before they are gone! (I have experienced this with BB LE items... once they are gone, they are almost impossible to find, unless you want to pay an arm & a leg on ebay.) Anyway, about this new eyeshadow... calling it "chrome" is a bit of an exaggeration. This eyeshadow formula is what all the BB metallic eyeshadows *should* be, but are not. I would describe this as having more of a metallic finish, maybe even like a shimmery satin- but not quite a frost. Also, no HORRID GLITTER to speak of! (YAY!!!)
The color is unique to my collection. The BB website describes it as a "cool bronze metallic," but on (and in) my eyes... I see it as a silvered taupe. Simply stunning! This would look GORGEOUS on pale-blue-eyed lasses for sure! I have hazel eyes (muted green/brown), and this one is a winner for me. I wore this on the lid with MAC Coquette in the crease- but I am sure you can wear almost any darker color in the crease and have this eyeshadow work its magic for you. It really is THAT pretty! Also, don't be scared by the word "chrome" in the description. This will NOT look like molten, shiny, metal on your lids... which makes it perfect for daytime wear, too. This is one color that BB should consider making permanent, because I just find it so unique and pretty. I swore off buying backups, but if I make a dent in this and ever see it in a CCO... I would DEFINITELY buy another!

Top Rated Eye Shadow