Balea Cleansing Cloths

Balea  Cleansing Cloths
Cleansing Cloths

3.5

on 4/17/2016 9:40:00 PM

I usually use the Neutrogena wipes but I saw these on sale and bought these instead. That's where I went wrong. After I used them I felt a burning sensation but ignored it. I woke up the next morning with swollen red eyes which eventually began to flake and my face became so dry! It took about a little over a week for my face to recover. Just don't buy it.

on 7/5/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not sure if they're getting rid of these wipes at Shoppers... They're always out of stock everywhere I go. Anyway - I started using these wipes 3 years ago after looking for face wipes to take off makeup that weren't like $10 for a small package. I saw these on sale at shoppers (the big package in the box, never bought the travel size small packages like the picture on this category) and was blown away by how good they were at removing all of my makeup (I always wash my face after though) and not burning my face or eyes or leaving my face feeling messy and greasy should I not wash my face immediately after using. I continued buying them for years, however in the last year they have went down in quality by far... The cloth itself feels a lot cheaper and the product they are soaked in doesn't seem the same, and the wipes in the packages are always sort of dry. I bought even though I was disappointed with that because well they still worked. Anyway, now I can hardly find them in stores :( hopefully I can find some online or in Europe when I go. And hopefully they'll be better quality.

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/31/2014 10:57:00 AM

I was recommended these by a makeup artist, and I used to use these cloths everyday to remove my (waterproof) makeup for several years. They were great at taking almost all of my makeup off and were very inexpensive for the quality.

However, about two months ago, (coinciding with the start of a new package of wipes, I now realize,) my eye became very swollen almost overnight and the skin around it started flaking off, which looked as terrible as it sounds, so I stopped using all makeup products for about a month and switched to Nivea's sensitive skin makeup remover wipes.

Once my eye went back to normal, I started using my full makeup regime again no problem, but once I ran out of the Nivea wipes, I started using the Balea wipes again because I didn't think they were the cause of the swelling. Huge mistake!!! I woke up with both of my eyes completely swelled shut this time! So no way will I be using these again. And reading through the reviews, it seems like I'm not the only one this has happened to. Such a shame, because this product used to be so awesome.

I've been using these for a few months because they're easy and inexpensive (especially if you buy the refills). The package says you can use them as an eye makeup remover, a cleanser and a toner. If I'm wearing light makeup, I'll usually use them for all three of those things. If I'm wearing heavy makeup, I'll use the cloths to just remove the eye makeup and then use a cleanser to get the rest off. I love the fact that they're no mess and ready to go.

When I wiped my face with these, it stung, so I decided to look at the ingredients (which is what I should do before purchasing anything) and found out that these wipes have a lot of alcohol in them. I like the packaging, but the texture is kind of rough and the alcohol really dried out my skin. I love the idea of a make up remover/cleansing wipe but these will not do for me.

on 7/1/2014 9:42:00 PM

all i can say is that this product is horrible!! i have good skin . not oily , hardly break out and never usually gets dry. i dont have any allergy's at all either. i was excited to try these and i wanted to like them so bad . i used them twice and i was getting a bit of a burning feeling from them , thought it wasnt a big deal so i continued to use them for a third time and then thats when my face completely blew up. Redness around eyes ,blotchy and alot of dryness on my cheeks and on and around my lips. i have never seen my face in such a state . everyone i come in contact with thinks i got into a fight . so unless you wanna look like rocky i wouldnt take the chance on this product.

on 6/8/2014 11:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Simply put: I love this product! I wanted to start using cleansing cloths instead of liquid make up removers for convenience (especially when I went away) so I saw these on sale and decided to give them a try. I actually bought the value-pack with two packages and I have no regrets; you get a much better deal. They work extremely well in removing make up, the smell is nice and my skin feels smooth afterwards (even more so if I take a shower)! As a bonus, I found it actually helped with pimples I had!!

It's great for if you're going away and don't want to worry about liquid products spilling. The re-sealing is pretty good but it did leak a little once. The only thing I would say is as I neared the end of the package I found some of the cloths were drying out, but this could just be my mistake.

on 6/5/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This are great simple makeup wipes. They work well and don't irritate my skin. They're a pretty good buy considering how expensive wipes are! BUT, Costco Kirkland face cleansing wipes have the EXACT same ingredients. Identical. So if you have a Costco membership, you can save a ton of money by buying those instead!!

on 5/6/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Also bought it like author- on sale, needed something more or less on a cheaper side, absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!! They smell heavenly, and actually do get all the dirt and makeup off your face without drying, extremely satisfied, all of BALEA products are insane actually including shave gel, razors, shower gels and shampoos.

I buy these whenever they go on sale at Shoppers because they are the best deal for your money (56 cloths in a pack!). I also enjoy how they stay wet in the hard case package (even when they are not in the case, they are pretty good). The only negative thing is that they tend to leave a weird residue on my face, but it goes away after a few short minutes. They can remove waterproof mascara, but it takes a few tries.