Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Strengthening Base Coat

No Image

2.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone-1, Citric Acid, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Gold, Calcium Pantothenate, Silk Powder, Diamond Powder, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Nylon-12, Glycidoxypropyl Trimethoxysilane, Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Arginine, Lecithin, Sodium Benzoate, BHT, Yellow 5/CI 19140, Iron Oxides/CI77491, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891.

on 12/13/2017 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This made my nails peel, and I don't have weak nails. It took me a while to notice because it DOES make your manicure last for at least a week. I would use the top and base coats with the polish and had wonderful results for about 2 weeks, but the third time I noticed my nails looked rough at the tips. It didn't occur to me that it was the basecoat doing that until 2 applications later. My nails went back to normal within about a week and a half of using another basecoat. I would be really careful with this one if you are using it frequently. It was hard to give this up because it gave me some of my most beautiful and long lasting manicures.

on 1/17/2016 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have had just the opposite experience with this product than the last reviewer. My polish has worn amazingly well with this base coat, better than with some other more expensive products.

Unfortunately, I found this bottle in my stash and I think it is the only one I have. In looking on the WnW website and looking in the stores I am afraid that this BC has been discontinued. That bums me out as I have been pleased with it's performance.

This BC applied smoothly without bubbling, or streaking. The texture is nice, not too thick or too thin, which is amazing considering that it has been in my stash for some time.

I have worn this under both a Sinful Colors polish and a Zoya and the results have been the same. Both polishes went on over the BC smoothly with no adverse effects. Both polishes have lasted longer than over any other BC that I have tried. With the Sinful Colors I got 5 days wear with no chips and currently I am on day 3 of Zoya wear with no chips.

The packaging is nothing special, pretty much the standard with the standard brush, but it works.

I paid about $1.99 for this bottle and would definitely repurchase if I could find more. I think I will give the current WnW base coat a shot once this is gone.

OMG...this stuff sucks!! My polish literally started chipping two days after I applied it thanks to this product! I was even able to just peel the polish off of one of my pinkies completely in one step, which has never happened to me...ever! And sure enough the two nails I redid without this base coat underneath show no signs of chipping whatsoever, which confirm that this product is to blame.