Origins GinZing

Origins GinZing
Origins GinZing Eyecream

3.0

water, myrtle leaf water, chamomile flower water, methyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, peg-100 stearate, dimethicone, cetyl ricinoleate, silica, olive fruit oil, glycerin, behenyl alcohol, cucumber fruit extract, ginseng root extract, chestnut seed extract, green tea leaf extract, cordyceps sinensis extract, magnolia grandiflora bark extract, apple fruit extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, pantethine, panthenol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, shea butter, caffeine, coleus barbatus extract, yeas extract, folic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, jojoba wax peg-120 esters, biotin, tribehenin, myristyl alcohol, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, trehalose, sodium hyaluronate, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, hesperidin methyl chalcone, sodium sulfite, sodium metabisulfite, steareth-20, dipeptide-2, carbomer, sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, ethylhexylglycerin, tromethamine, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, mica, iron oxides

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm shocked this doesn't have better reviews. First off I started using this when it was offered as a 100 point sample at sephora. I loved it so much I ended up using my free shipping as VIB to get like 6 more. So it's definitely not a moisturizing eye cream, in fact I use a balm under it during the day, and wouldn't use it at night because I like really thick eye creams overnight. I use this during the day because I have awful hereditary purple under eye circles and this helps hide them. You need to use makeup with this though, it has a pearly shimmer that looks bananas. What I do is i do my oil/lotion base and let those sink in. Then I use a primer all over and apply this on my eye area. Once it's dry I do my foundation/concealer routine. I think the shimmer and brightening of this helps hide my circles but I definitely need something over it because it doesn't look normal in the sun, plus it won't take those hereditary purple circles away, I need all the help I can get there. I was sent a sample size of this for free for review in my voxbox but the opinions are mine own. #DiscoverOrigins

I thought that this would irritate my eyes because of the ginseng, but it didn't. This cream cools and firms the skin around your eye area and gives it a tingly jolt of energy, which I immediately loved. In terms of moisture content, this an average hydrating eye cream that I would recommend for someone in their 20s. Within the world of eye cream, this is priced really well ($39 CAD). I would wear this as a daytime eye cream under makeup, and use something stronger at night.

on 2/4/2017 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Doesn't seem to do anything for my eye area. Seems to be drying it out to be honest. There are creams that work better for me at a much lower price (kiss my face, cerave, nivea), would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used this eye cream AM and PM for quite some time, and it never impressed me. It isn't that moisturizing, and it really stung my eyes as it migrated toward my waterline. I think it actually dried my eyelids out even more! I ended up layering it with another eye cream just to get enough moisturization for my makeup to look smooth or to last through the night...not what I wanted out of a $30-$40 eye cream. It also did nothing for my dark circles, though I wasn't expecting much in that department. After a few months, I purchased Neutrogena's Hydro Boost Water Gel eye cream out of sheer desperation, which I ended up loving (and am still using). I've applied my leftover Ginzing on occasion just to try and finish the tub, but it feels so harsh and irritating now...the last time I used it, I got a red milia-like bump on one of my lower lids. I am now trying a sample of Origin's Eye Doctor Moisture Care for Eyes, but I have a feeling I will still end up going back to basic old Neutrogena. I have yet to find an Origins product that works for me...

I have the double whammy of undereye problem. Puffiness AND Dark circles......it's pretty awesome...syke.

This did nothing for me....nothing

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To debrief, for an 18 year old, my under eyes are similar to those of a middle aged woman. I have dark circles, puffiness, dryness, fine lines, darkness and just very visible veins under my eyes.
Trying to cover it up is hard, but trying to reduce the problems under my eyes is even worse.

I bought this because i'm currently on the search for a holy grail eye cream. This, however, is quite an average under eye cream.
I use this with my clinique eye serum and it really works decrease puffiness - trust me, i have been dealing with puffiness everyday, especially with hay-fever and just waking up.
However, the whole 'brightening effect' is probably only because it has some shimmering ingredient. Don't get me wrong, it makes my under eyes look brighter and more awake -only because of the shimmering ingredient.
Moreover, i not sure if this really hydrates my under eyes. My under eyes still feel dry as per usual even after using it.
If you don't suffer from fine lines, dark circles and what not, i would recommend this. However, if you're like me, keep on looking because this probably wont help.

on 6/20/2016 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Awful, waste of money. It dries my under eyes out! I never had an issue with severely dry under eyes but this product made my skin bumpy and flaky. In addition to the tingly borderline burning sensation that it gives. I really tried to like this product since I heard so many people rave about it. Even tried to apply this over another eye cream but nothing works. Another unused product collecting dust!

on 5/14/2016 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's not a bad product. Since it's pink and a little shimmery it works a bit like corrector. That is if light pink is the right corrector colour for you. It works okay under makeup during the day. But it's nothing special at all which i would have expected for the price. My sister reccomended this to me but even she went back to a cheaper one now. I think I'll keep looking for an eye cream that has better anti-aging properties.

overrated...... very average eye cream. the "brightening" comes from the peach pigment with shimmer... and i don't think that does anything either. The refreshing factor??????? sure, jan. Personally I prefer a thicker eye cream, the consistency is very thin. Nothing special.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this eyecream for blasting away my dark circles! It has caffeine and ginseng to wakup your under eye area. I use this then my Caudalie eye cream to moisturize before makeup. This stuff works..and does not break me out or cause eye issues!

I got mine at Sephora for $30. It does not take alot of product for an application and you get a fair amount for the price.

Just for sanitary reasons I wish it came in a pump instead of a jar. I just don't like putting my hands in my creams. Especially when they go around my eyes!