Reviva Labs Makeup Primer

Reviva Labs Makeup Primer

4.1

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), Olive Oil, Coenzyme Q10, Squalane

on 6/28/2016 6:57:00 PM

Pros:
Enhanced the intensity of eyeshadows
Pump packaging=sanitary

Cons:
Broke me out (as one reviewer noted below, this product contains vitamin A palmitate)
Did not increase the amount of time my makeup lasted
Cap broke

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A silicone based primer that does not cause my combination skin to break out. I like the simple list of ingredients-only 7 items in this product. It does control excess oil and smoothes out the skin, making my makeup apply so much better. It does not minimize the large pores around my nose, but the only primer that does that is Smashbox pore minimizing or Dr Brandt Pores No More primer. The formula is quite thick and can be difficult to spread on to skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Really like how it helps to smoothen the skin before applying foundation or powder. Feels greasy to the touch but surprisely it's not oily at all when applied. Helps to keep my face matte throughout the entire day. I'm ordering my third bottle already.

The first silicone-based primer I'd used that didn't break me out horribly, at least not to start off with. The first time I used it I used a full pump but realised you only need half this amount. Give it a couple of minutes to dry properly then apply foundation and it will hold all day. Unfortunately I discovered over time that this was giving me lumpy skin - I have to avoid retinol and retinyl palmitate products and it's driving me mad as they're now in a LOT of products!

on 8/13/2013 4:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Every primer I've tried so far has clogged up my pores and given me acne. This product gave me absolutely no spots, not even a blackhead. Nothing. Amazing. My skin feels silky smooth after putting it on and it minimizes pore size and gives a nice glow under my foundation. And it controls oil so well! This really has been a miracle product for me. The price is excellent. The glass bottle is handy as you can see how much product you've used and the pump works very well.

Don't be put off by the consistency, I was alarmed at first that it would make my skin greasy but it had the opposite effect and really controlled shine and oiliness.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A friend of mine recommended this to me after a long search for a quality primer. It was definitely worth the wait! It leaves your face feeling smooth and soft, making it perfect for foundation application. It helps level out my skin so it appears more even near breakouts or large pores. Reviva's primer never makes my face feel cakey or heavy which is very important when I have to deal with the hot weather in Nevada.

on 7/14/2011 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am really loving this primer. It soothes and smooths my skin and helps my cinema secrets creme makeup last longer and go on smoother. It controls oil and makes pores look smaller. And the best part of all is that is does not break me out. I am sometimes sensitive to silicones if there is too much in a product of if I apply too much, but this stuff is great. No breakouts and it seems to be soothing my skin and calming redness. Plus I have played tennis in 90 degree heat several times and my makeup holds up pretty well and again, no breakouts! So happy with this and will continue to put it on every morning. Also for sensitive skinned gals, there are no essential oils, fragrances or herbal extracts to aggravate the skin. Sweet!

I really wanted to love this and it isn't a bad product..I just think ANY primer doesn't do much for me. It is inexpensive, didn't break me out and does feel nice on the skin (not too siliconey) but I didn't see that it helped with my oil or made my makeup last any longer. In fact, I think I get less shiny when I don't use it. I give up on primers, I guess.

i am in love with this primer! i have tried so many HE primers and while they're not bad, they're not as good as this. i actually picked this up on a whim at an organic foods supermarket and i'm really happy i gave it chance. it is priced very well, it applies very smoothly and gives my skin excellent oil control, but my favorite thing about it is how amazing it has made my skin in just a week. i dont have acne or anything like that anymore, but this has left my skin feeling very supple and hydrated even when im not wearing it. i *know* its this product because it is the only new thing i have introduced to my regimen. im pretty sure its the olive oil that is doing all the hydrating. i wont lie, i was a little afraid of the olive oil in this product, but i am very surprised and impressed. i am sticking with this as it has become my HG.

pros:

d/s price for what feels like an HE product
glass vial with pump is always a plus
applies smoothly, makeup applies wonderfully
controls oil
leaves skin feeling amazing after use

cons?
so far, none. the branding is a little ugly but really, the branding of this product isnt what's going on my face.

HG! this product has excellent oil control for shiny ladies like myself, and really does help makeup apply more evenly, look better, and last longer. a huge plus is the tiny ingredient list - the less artificial junk thats going on my face, the better. thank you reviva !! :)