Essie Mink Muffs

Mink MuffsMink Muffs

4.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I so wanted to love this. The shade is so pretty, a cocoa-brown with very slight shimmer/wee-tiny glitter in the bottle. The shimmer really does not show up on my nails, even with 3 coats. But this formula just is super streaky for me, it is very difficult to apply, probably the most difficult polish I have tried in years (and I have at least 200+ polishes). No matter what 'tricks' I use, it ends up looking streaky and/or I see brush strokes, I just cannot get a smooth, even application with this. At least it does not bubble. But I feel like a polish at this price point should apply better. I bought this at Target, and I've gotten several Essie polishes from Target and Kohls, so I know they are not knock-offs or old or anything (sometimes even LE releases, fresh off the truck); and more often than not I am disappointed in Essie polishes. It is a shame, because they have so many pretty shades. But I think I will resort to other brands. Lastly, this chipped lightly on the edges the very first day and by day 3, bad chipping.

on 9/29/2016 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this color (and brown nail polishes) but DANG is it streaky! I've read tons of reviews on Essie and how everyone loves this brand, but they are always streaky for me (colored versions). No matter how light/careful I apply. Always 2-3 coats. However, my fav. Essie is Allure, but it's a sheer nude, so you don't see streaks.

I've used others that are much better in 1 coat (Revlon etc..)

on 2/21/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is my first Essie polish and I'm having a hard time understanding the fuss. This was really watery and streaky. The color is a beautiful, chocolate brown, but the coverage was poor. I expected a lot more.

on 2/9/2015 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful chocolate brown color. Trendy, but I think it can be worn to the most conservative of offices. I think it would work well with many skin tones. Creamy texture, but requires two coats to be opaque. It dries glossy, and looks good even without a topcoat. I think it somehow makes me look more dresssed up and put together, if you know what I mean. One of my favorites from Essie.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was a bit skeptical about the colour because I am used to more red, pink colours. But on the first application I loved it!!!!!! Perfect natural colour. Not too warm not too cold. Perfect taupey colour! And applies very smoothly.

on 9/4/2014 12:22:00 AM

Classy mod color. Took three coats, though.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this color! Coverage was very good. This color makes me think of hot chocolate for some reason. Simple but classy. Essie polishes are my favorite.

on 9/13/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Classy but trendy - perfect for my middle aged but still wanting to look hot toes.

on 1/26/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Melted milk chocolate brown. Pretty much opaque with one coat, but two is perfect. Lovely, delicious looking color!

I grabbed this color at a private sale because I remembered it having great reviews on MUA. It looks so good on my very pale skin. Amazing color. the formulation is not the best : 3 coats for me but I am a little OCD ;-) . I still can't understand how a muddy brown can look so sophisticated and trendy but it's working !

Popular Polishes