Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglceride, Di-PPG-2 Myreth-10 Adipate, TEA-Cocoyl Glutamate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sequistearate, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl Glucose Sequistearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexalene Glycol, Tanacetum Parthenium (Feverfew) Leaf/Flower/Stem Juice, Methylisothiazolinone

on 12/12/2011 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I looked around for this cleanser at the recommendation of Leslie Baumann's book "The Skin Type Solution" (I am a DSNT). Apparently this cleanser has been discontinued but I managed to find a stash at Big Lots for $4.50, so I grabbed one while I could.

This seemed like a good buy at first: I liked the way it smelled, it felt good on my face, and didn't irritate or itch. It would only slightly dry me out on the sides of my mouth. After the second use, I got a couple whiteheads on my chin. I decided to give it a chance in case I was still breaking out from the previous cleanser I tried. After a week, my face was destroyed. I had very deep pimples on my cheeks (where I never get them normally) and whiteheads on my chin and forehead. 2 weeks later I am still recovering. I tried it again on a small part of my forehead that is covered by my bangs just to make sure it was the cleanser. Literally, 2 whiteheads popped up overnight.

I guess I'm glad this is discontinued. My search continues...

on 11/21/2011 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i loved using this in high school it didnt aggravate my redness nor break me out and it didnt make me drier, i think its discontinued i cant find it ANYwhere anymore, only the foam version. i looked at wal mart CVS walgreens rite aid etc....

on 9/29/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I, too, really enjoyed this cleanser! I used it as the 2nd step in removing makeup with cold-cream, and it worked wonderfully. Pretty much my favorite cleanser ever... so, of course it's been discontinued. Makes me crabby at Aveeno. Just for the record, I don't care for the foaming cleanser nearly as much. I want this one back!

i really love this cleanser. i have combo skin and i have a hard time finding good cleansers that work for me. after washing with this cleanser my face doesn't feel tight but it still cleanses well enough that i don't feel greasy either.

i have actually stop seeing this cleanser at my local drugstores or even the usual online retailers i use. this makes me sad!

on 9/21/2011 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product and works perfect for my problem skin. Leaves my skin ultra smooth and fresh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This just didn't do it for me. I bought it because my doctor recommended I use it along with my Differin cream. I guess I don't have any actual complaints about it, I just prefer something that feels like it leaves my skin feeling...fresher. I wasn't sure if this was really cleansing everything off of my skin or not. My Eucerin sensitive skin cleanser works better for my skin than this.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this product. I normally do not like cream cleansers. And even with my Pretika, I still wasn;t getting the makeup removal I wanted. So I switched -foaming cleanser/Pretika at night. In the morning, just wet my face, rub in, rinse. My redness has decreased. And it is very moisturizing. And no fragrance at all. Good for sensitive skin. will probably continue to use this in my AM routine, since it is working well.

I bought this product a year ago before leaving on a school trip. I used it the night before I was supposed to leave, and within five minutes, my face turned bright. The product left a film on my face, which gave my skin a leathery texture. Luckily, the breakout subsided within a few days. This might work well for other people though. Unfortunately, I had to throw out the entire tube as I lost my receipt. I can't say whether the cleanser is effective in removing makeup as I tried it after I used a foaming cleanser.

on 6/10/2011 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Paid $14 CDN at Rexall's Drug Store and had high hopes based on previous reviews. I don't ask for much ... remove my makeup, including as much mascara as possible (regular, not waterproof) without irritating my eyes. Currently I use Sheer Cover Conditioning Cleanser, but because I have to order it through EBay (booo Sheer Cover for making people sign up and be members then overcharging them for your products) I try to find something a little closer to home. I used this cleanser in the shower and right away it stung my eyes. I rinsed and rinsed, but it took a while for the stinging and cloudiness to subside and I could see clearly again. Perhaps this is Aveeno's plan because once I could see clearly again, it also became clear that this cleanser did little to remove my makeup. The dark rings around my eyes that was smudged and smeared mascara had to be removed, along with residual face makeup, with my old standby cleanser. Into the garbage this one went.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

There aren't enough good things I can say about this product.

It is the BEST cream cleanser I have ever tried. I have extremely dry, sensitive, even cystic acne prone skin and I had been wanting a cleanser, for the morning at least, that was very gentle. This cleanser actually works well, it gets your face clean, but with no stripping at all. Even cleansing oils can strip a little sometimes, but this doesn't at all. It has a lotion consistency and a super light pleasant smell. I love that there is no fragrance added.

I thought the feverfew claim was just for advertising, but my face was visibly less irritated the morning after using it and after a week my face has calmed down. I couldn't believe it at first.

It's better than Cetaphil which I don't feel like cleanses my skin. I also think this product has better ingredients. It doesn't take all my mu off if I'm wearing liquid foundation, so I do use Jojoba oil on cotton round to remove my face mu first, but it works fine alone if you're just wearing blush, powder and/or non wp mascara. I also like using it with my Clarisonic because it is so gentle.

Even though I was only in search of a morning cleanser it's all I use now because I notice that my skin goes from being perfectly clear with this cleanser, to having small breakouts when I go back to my old one. It's happened enough for me to rule out it being a coincidence. I am so happy I discovered this product and gave it a shot. I've tried so many cleansers, HE as well, and this is the best. It's a god send really.

Oh and I don't know what some reviewers mean by small size. It's 5 oz, the same as any other cleanser, and you only need a small amount. It should last a decent amount of time, 2-3 months if you use it twice a day.