Paula's Choice RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer

Paula's Choice RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer
RESIST Barrier Repair MoisturizerRESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer

3.8

Not tested on animals

(New formula) Aqua, Dicaprylyl Carbonate (emollient), Glycerin (skin-identical agent), Ethylhexyl Stearate (thickener), Cocoglycerides (emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (antioxidant/emollient), Squalane (emollient), Sodium Polyacrylate (film-forming agent), Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 (cell-communicating ingredient), Ceramide 3 (skin-identical agent), Retinol (cell-communicating ingredient), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane (antioxidant), Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloylmethane (antioxidant), Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane (antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Glyceryl Polymethacrylate (film-forming agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

on 4/19/2018 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used this on and off for a couple of years. It was an OK light moisturizer that didn't irritate my skin, but it wasn't moisturizing enough for my dry winter skin. I think it's quite overpriced as a moisturizer as it doesn't seem to contain high amounts of active ingredients (retinol). I would use this product up if I received it again as a gift or a sample as it does a decent enough job, but I wouldn't repurchase it.

It can be really hard to find a good moisturizer if your skin is sensitive to silicones. I started using this years ago because it was the only one I could find that was lightweight, silicone-free and alcohol-free, as well as anti-aging. It contains retinol and a peptide to treat wrinkles, ceramides to hydrate and a number of antioxidants such as pomegranate, green tea and soy extracts.

It has a gel-lotion consistency that glides on easily. I didn't notice any visible effect on wrinkles, but more importantly to me, it didn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts. For a long time I thought it was doing a pretty good job overall of moisturizing my (hard to please) skin.

However, I recently switched to a different moisturizer (The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA) and my skin has improved so much (now softer, smoother, more hydrated and plumped) that I will not be using this again, unless The Ordinary's product is discontinued.

Meh. It pills on top of my serum and other night creams don’t. It doesn’t feel very hydrating nor does it seem to do anything else.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I started using Hibiclens for my adult acne that I have had on and off for years because my derm basically told me after trying spiro, the next and only other solution would be accutane. While Hibiclens has made a remarkable difference in the acne (both normal and cystic) it also strips my skin of its moisture barrier from daily use. I have tried all sorts of creams, lotions, serums, and many work okay, some were horrible, but this product is one of the few that seems to actually replace the moisture barrier. I use this product every other night in conjunction with products from The Ordinary. It is not enough by itself to replace that lost moisture, but it is definitely a significant player in regimen I currently have.

I know this contains a fraction of retinol, but I did not purchase this product for that reason, so it is not a concern for me.

It absorbs almost fully, leaving the skin surface supple, smooth and firm. There is no fragrance. The product has a pump dispenser, so it is hygienic.

Is it worth the price?? Well, I cannot say for sure. I know there are few products out there that were developed solely for replacing a lost moisture barrier. Some of the others are even more pricey than this one. If I find another product to replicate the effects, I would definitely switch if the cost is lower.

UPDATE: Broke out with 2 cystic acne sores and suspect this product may be the culprit. Just be aware.

I have used this off and on with PC Retinol 1%. It is a fine moisturizer, lightweight and easily absorbed.

Overall, I am not in love with this product. It honestly doesn't seem any better than the CeraVe PM, which costs less than half. Retinol helps with those hormonal breakouts and aids in cellular turnover. I get there is some retinol in it, albeit in small amounts. But honestly for the level of retinol, it feels like a rip off.

I do not mind wrinkles. It is not my mission to eradicate them from my face. I like my skin to feel soft, supple, and hydrated. This product alone is not enough, so I usually use an oil along with it.

Overall it is a meh product for me. It is a fair product with excellent packaging, but honestly I believe it costs too much for what it is. I certainly wouldn't buy it without a discount. Look on YouTube or makeup blogs for discount codes- there are plenty around.

on 9/2/2016 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

What an ingredient list!

However, this product was not compatible for my sensitive skin type. I felt heat and tingling upon application.

I prefer the Resist Intensive Repair Cream.

This is my favorite moisturizer from Paula's Choice!

on 4/30/2016 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros : Absorbs Quickly, Long Lasting, Elegant Texture, Moisturizes Well, Smells Great, Goes On Smoothly
Cons: None
Best Uses : Dry/Chapped Skin, Deep Moisturization, Daily Use

Although I have combination normal-to-oily skin, I have dry parts from the cheeks outward and also on my neck. I've been sampling all of PC night moisturizers in search of one that will provide hydration over night, be non-irritating, and without a greasy texture. To be honest, I haven't been having much luck with longevity, even with the products that are supposed to be best for the driest skins.

My luck changed when I tried Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer. After I finished my sample, I visited the PC web site to purchase the full size. It was out of stock, but I got a tip that the PC4Men Night Time Repair is the same product, so I purchased that one! I actually prefer the PC4Men tube packaging, so extra win for me.

I am absolutely delighted to report that this cream has met and exceeded my expectations! It is an elegant creamy lotion, translucent white in color. The scent is pleasing and fresh. The product sinks into skin, and also leaves a long-lasting moisture barrier that wears through the night. In the morning, my skin feels soft, hydrated, soothed and nourished. This is my new favorite! Recommended!

on 1/21/2016 4:57:00 AM

I was surprised to find that this moisturizer is very very light and leaves my skin with a matte finish, wanting more moisture. It was ok when I added a second layer. Reading "barrier repair" in the name, I concluded that it would be quite a rich formula, but I was wrong. Positive is that it didnt aggravate my skin and has great ingredients, so Ill give it two lippies for that.

on 1/19/2016 5:18:00 PM

I used this for a couple months before realizing it was causing me breakouts.