Paula's Choice RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer

Paula's Choice RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer
RESIST Barrier Repair MoisturizerRESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer

3.8

Not tested on animals

(New formula) Aqua, Dicaprylyl Carbonate (emollient), Glycerin (skin-identical agent), Ethylhexyl Stearate (thickener), Cocoglycerides (emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (antioxidant/emollient), Squalane (emollient), Sodium Polyacrylate (film-forming agent), Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 (cell-communicating ingredient), Ceramide 3 (skin-identical agent), Retinol (cell-communicating ingredient), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane (antioxidant), Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloylmethane (antioxidant), Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane (antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Glyceryl Polymethacrylate (film-forming agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

I have used this off and on with PC Retinol 1%. It is a fine moisturizer, lightweight and easily absorbed.

Overall, I am not in love with this product. It honestly doesn't seem any better than the CeraVe PM, which costs less than half. Retinol helps with those hormonal breakouts and aids in cellular turnover. I get there is some retinol in it, albeit in small amounts. But honestly for the level of retinol, it feels like a rip off.

I do not mind wrinkles. It is not my mission to eradicate them from my face. I like my skin to feel soft, supple, and hydrated. This product alone is not enough, so I usually use an oil along with it.

Overall it is a meh product for me. It is a fair product with excellent packaging, but honestly I believe it costs too much for what it is. I certainly wouldn't buy it without a discount. Look on YouTube or makeup blogs for discount codes- there are plenty around.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

A PC rep says this product contains 0.089% retinol. Although this moisturizer has a luxurious lotion texture that dries weightless on oily skin, the concentration of retinol in this product is too low to justify the price, especially those looking for the anti-aging benefits of retinol. Prescription retin-a is a better bang for your buck than this product. Feel free to use my referral link for an additional $10 off. http://goo.gl/JmDwaq

on 9/2/2016 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

What an ingredient list!

However, this product was not compatible for my sensitive skin type. I felt heat and tingling upon application.

I prefer the Resist Intensive Repair Cream.

This is my favorite moisturizer from Paula's Choice!

on 4/30/2016 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros : Absorbs Quickly, Long Lasting, Elegant Texture, Moisturizes Well, Smells Great, Goes On Smoothly
Cons: None
Best Uses : Dry/Chapped Skin, Deep Moisturization, Daily Use

Although I have combination normal-to-oily skin, I have dry parts from the cheeks outward and also on my neck. I've been sampling all of PC night moisturizers in search of one that will provide hydration over night, be non-irritating, and without a greasy texture. To be honest, I haven't been having much luck with longevity, even with the products that are supposed to be best for the driest skins.

My luck changed when I tried Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer. After I finished my sample, I visited the PC web site to purchase the full size. It was out of stock, but I got a tip that the PC4Men Night Time Repair is the same product, so I purchased that one! I actually prefer the PC4Men tube packaging, so extra win for me.

I am absolutely delighted to report that this cream has met and exceeded my expectations! It is an elegant creamy lotion, translucent white in color. The scent is pleasing and fresh. The product sinks into skin, and also leaves a long-lasting moisture barrier that wears through the night. In the morning, my skin feels soft, hydrated, soothed and nourished. This is my new favorite! Recommended!

on 1/21/2016 4:57:00 AM

I was surprised to find that this moisturizer is very very light and leaves my skin with a matte finish, wanting more moisture. It was ok when I added a second layer. Reading "barrier repair" in the name, I concluded that it would be quite a rich formula, but I was wrong. Positive is that it didnŽt aggravate my skin and has great ingredients, so IŽll give it two lippies for that.

on 1/19/2016 5:18:00 PM

I used this for a couple months before realizing it was causing me breakouts.

on 11/25/2015 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I found out on comments on the PC website that it is the exact same thing as the PC4Men Nighttime Repair, just in different packaging and geared towards a different market, and it was confirmed by a PC staff. However, the Nighttime Repair contains the same amount of product for less, so go with that instead.

I've used a few bottles of this moisturizer, which is good but I wouldn't say it's something I can't live without. It does a good job at moisturizer my dry skin, but a lot of times I skip it because the Resist Replenishing Toner (my HG) is good enough on its own. However, I do use this on the days when I feel I need more moisture on my skin.

on 6/18/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this product didn't do anything for me. I used only Paula's Choice Resist line for 6 months. It just dried out my skin even more and made it look so dull. The items I used were: Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer, Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10% AHA. Resist Cellular Day Moisturizer with spf 25, Resist Non-Greasy Moisturizer, Resist Wrinkle Repair Retinol serum, Skin Perfecting 2% BHA, Resist c15 super booster, Resist Toner, Resist Cleanser, Resist Foundation, Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment 5% AHA. With all of this, I not only saw no results, my skin looked worse. I like to enjoy my skincare. That is huge for me. These products bored me. I ended up throwing what wasn't used up in the garbage after giving it a good 6 months. In summary, they were so boring and ineffective. Fortunately, I am using new products now that have made a huge difference. I am enjoying my skincare routine again!

on 6/16/2015 9:47:00 PM

I'm on my third bottle of this, so I decided I could probably review it at last :). My skin is beginning to age a bit (and ok, I have some sun damage although my dermatologist commented at my appointment this week that my skin looks remarkably good for someone who spends a lot of time outside).

The lotion is very basic and not terribly moisturizing, which is ok with me (I have slightly dry skin but this seems to keep it soft). The percentage of retinol is good, although I just bought a sample of the 1% to alternate because, well, I'm almost 50 (next year, yikes) and am noticing some fine lines that I'd like to soften.

I also like the Neutrogena Anti aging retinol products, but the formulation for this is slightly more moisturizing and the retinol seems to work just a bit better (at least my skin is a little brighter than it was on the Neutrogena).