Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream
Supershine Moisturizing CreamSupershine Moisturizing Cream

4.4

WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONOL, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ISOHEXADECANE, PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), POLYSORBATE 80, CINNAMIDOPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, PANTHENOL, CYSTINE BIS-PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, WHEAT AMINO ACIDS, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN/PVP CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, PHOSPHOLIPIDS, KERATIN, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, POLYQUATERNIUM-4, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT, LITCHI CHINENSIS PERICARP EXTRACT, CITRULLUS LANATUS (WATERMELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, LEONTOPODIUM ALPINUM FLOWER/LEAF EXTRACT, AMBER EXTRACT, KAEMPFERIA GALANGA ROOT EXTRACT, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, HYDROLYZED CONCHIOLIN PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED RICE PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED JOJOBA PROTEIN, PEARL POWDER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, OLETH-10, PPG-1-PEG-9 LAURYL GLYCOL ETHER, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, SORBIC ACID, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, BENZYL BENZOATE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, CITRAL

on 7/23/2018 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is by far my favorite Oribe product – it controls frizz, conditions, defines curls, imparts shine, sets and holds without any crunch, and fights the elements in both winter and summer months. A little goes a long way, making the price tag ($52.00) worth it for me.

This leave in conditioner does all it says it will for the hair, and more. You can easily get away with using a less pricy rinse-out conditioner because this stuff is working overtime to nourish your tresses. I highly recommend trying this product.

on 2/17/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off I love love Oribe products especially the Gold lust shampoo and conditioner that was worth the money! However, the Supershine Moisturizing cream was nothing special at all and weighed my medium highlighted long hair down for the price it wasn't worth it at all maybe for long very thick hair this works but I think I'm going to try cream for style and see if that works more as a styling cream with out the weighing down issue just my opinion not worth the heavy price tag

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have long, thick, wavy hair. The texture of my hair is quite fine even though I have a lot of it. I wash my hair every other day if not I get oily roots and dry ends. This is an awesome leave in conditioner. I was torn between getting this or the Bed Head afterparty since I just needed something to keep my hair smooth and frizz-free since it's humid in Hong Kong. So glad I went with this. My hair feels healthier since I started using this.

Pros: - only need a pea sized amount for my entire head of hair (I apply from midshaft to ends)
- leaves hair unbelievably smooth (someone actually asked me if I blowdry and curl my hair everyday. I don't. I wash my hair, apply this, brush it through and don't brush my hair till the next shower)
- smells amazing but not overpowering which was what put me off from BedHead After Party
- large tube will last forever

Cons: - dropped the tube accidentally and the cover snapped so it doesn't close properly anymore. Hasn't dried out but have to store it facing upwards. My own fault but for the amount I paid, it should at least be more durable than a toothpaste tube but that's just my opinion.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a hopeless addict when it comes to HE products that claim to smooth,soften, combat frizz without weight. After reading reviews here on MUA of course I had to try it. I was looking for something similar to Kerastase NectarThermique that would moisterize without necessarily needing a blowdryer to work. I have used Super Shine in my hair and let it airdry, and before a blowout. Both resulted in smooth, manageable hair but the effects are magnified with a blow dryer of course.
PROS:
- It smells incredible
- Adds a boost of moisture to dry hair
- Lightweight
- concentrated

CONS:
- Price is very expensive
- Salons are few and far between

Overall, this is a very good product and I wasn't disappointed. There are other lower price leave-ins or styling creams that have a similar effect. But, not the same. They are either too heavy/too light, ect. This is just right. FF glossing cream (also a fave of mine) is often compared to this but IMO has more of an oil base than this does, and may be more suitable for super-parched hair.

on 3/11/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know this is often compared to the FF Glossing Cream, but I really think this is a far, far superior product to FF. I tried FF many times in hopes that it would work for me, but each time my hair is left greasy and weighed down. But the Oribe cream does everything I wish FF did, and much more. I pretty much threw away all of my other hair styling/heat treatment/leave in conditioner products once I started using this. First of all, it smells amazing, and the scent actually lasts all day, I literally can't stop smelling my hair when I use this. Second, it really everything it claims to do, which is to smooth frizzes, add shine, and provide heat protection. I usually use a quarter size dollop of this and work through damp hair (not right out of the shower dripping wet, but after it's been aired for about 10 minutes), then I blow dry. The result is incredibly smooth, soft and shiny hair that makes me feel like I'm in a hair commercial. I wash my hair every other day, and this product never makes my hair greasy in between washings. I know it is an expensive product, but the size is actually very generous. I think a tube will probably last for at least 5-6 months, considering I don't use it every day. BTW I tried this on dry hair once, and dont' really like the result nearly as much as on damp hair.

on 11/2/2011 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with "sailorj". It is mediocore, and like FF cream but less effective. It really does not give that much shine and the bottle is kind of annoiying because it makes it easy to squeeze alot out end up with a greasy mess. average product for sure

on 5/5/2011 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After my hair stylist used this product during my visit, it was on my wishlist. I was skeptical to spend so much money on a hair product. However, my coworkers bought me a bottle for my birthday. I've used it almost every day for the past ten months and I still have thirty percent of product left! My hair is mid back length and I only need a dime size. It makes my hair so silky soft and shiny. I really am impressed. I will absolutely buy this again!

on 2/23/2011 9:26:00 AM

This is the most ridiculously expensive hair product I've ever purchased. At the time I didn't realize how much it was, but I'm already thinking about rebuying it, because it is hands down the best leave in conditioner/defrizzing product I have ever used. My hair is very fine and I am living in an extremely dry climate right now. The haircut I have is really unsuited to this environment, as it has razored ends and tends to produce flyaways. On a bad day it frizzes badly and looks damaged at the ends when it is not.

I've tried a number of other leave ins, including Japanese 100% camellia oil (looks greasy), kiehl's leave-in (felt heavy and weighed down hair), phyto+ (not much moisturizing/smoothing properties), and terax (nice, but build up prone). I used this after John Masters zinc and sage shampoo, which really cleans the scalp. With just a little dab of this, my hair combs through easily, and is shiny, bouncy, smooth, frizz free, manageable. It's been two days since I used it on wet hair post-shampooing and it still looks great, like hair post salon. There's no sensation of product leftover, just lovely, just blown out hair. A lovely scent, fades quickly so it isn't offensive/doesn't compete with other fragrances, and gorgeous packaging that looks great on the counter. Love.

on 12/14/2009 7:49:00 PM

I have baby fine hair so was a bit wary of this product at first, I didn't want anything weighing my hair down, but I needn't have been worried. This is probably the best leave in conditioner I have EVER tried. I would normally use Kerastase SJ but I am finding that this leaves my hair much shinier and really bouncey and is fantastic for my dry ends. Yes, it is expensive but in my opinion worth every penny. I use it as a leave in and as a finishing product to smooth any flyaways. This is a fantastic product for any hair type.

on 11/5/2009 5:41:00 AM

I have tried so many leave in conditioners over the years and have never found one that suits my wavy hair (which is fine even though I have a lot of it). This really is the best stuff. It is expensive, but it is really worth it. My hair is shiny and looks so healthy. I will definitely repurchase.