Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream

Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream
Supershine Moisturizing CreamSupershine Moisturizing Cream

4.4

WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONOL, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ISOHEXADECANE, PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), POLYSORBATE 80, CINNAMIDOPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, PANTHENOL, CYSTINE BIS-PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, WHEAT AMINO ACIDS, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN/PVP CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, PHOSPHOLIPIDS, KERATIN, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, POLYQUATERNIUM-4, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT, LITCHI CHINENSIS PERICARP EXTRACT, CITRULLUS LANATUS (WATERMELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, LEONTOPODIUM ALPINUM FLOWER/LEAF EXTRACT, AMBER EXTRACT, KAEMPFERIA GALANGA ROOT EXTRACT, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, HYDROLYZED CONCHIOLIN PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED RICE PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED JOJOBA PROTEIN, PEARL POWDER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, OLETH-10, PPG-1-PEG-9 LAURYL GLYCOL ETHER, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, SORBIC ACID, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, BENZYL BENZOATE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, CITRAL

on 1/26/2010 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Supershine is the best leave-in conditioner I've used to date (and I've tried many). This is a silky cream with a mild scent that makes hair sleek, soft, and incredibly shiny. It seems to have a tiny bit of hold as well. A little goes a long way with this product; a dime size works perfectly for me. People who do not like 'cones should steer clear, since this is loaded with them. For reference, my hair is medium-thick, long, dry, damaged, colored and highlighted. Also, I've posted a pic of the ingredients list.

on 12/14/2009 7:49:00 PM

I have baby fine hair so was a bit wary of this product at first, I didn't want anything weighing my hair down, but I needn't have been worried. This is probably the best leave in conditioner I have EVER tried. I would normally use Kerastase SJ but I am finding that this leaves my hair much shinier and really bouncey and is fantastic for my dry ends. Yes, it is expensive but in my opinion worth every penny. I use it as a leave in and as a finishing product to smooth any flyaways. This is a fantastic product for any hair type.

on 3/11/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know this is often compared to the FF Glossing Cream, but I really think this is a far, far superior product to FF. I tried FF many times in hopes that it would work for me, but each time my hair is left greasy and weighed down. But the Oribe cream does everything I wish FF did, and much more. I pretty much threw away all of my other hair styling/heat treatment/leave in conditioner products once I started using this. First of all, it smells amazing, and the scent actually lasts all day, I literally can't stop smelling my hair when I use this. Second, it really everything it claims to do, which is to smooth frizzes, add shine, and provide heat protection. I usually use a quarter size dollop of this and work through damp hair (not right out of the shower dripping wet, but after it's been aired for about 10 minutes), then I blow dry. The result is incredibly smooth, soft and shiny hair that makes me feel like I'm in a hair commercial. I wash my hair every other day, and this product never makes my hair greasy in between washings. I know it is an expensive product, but the size is actually very generous. I think a tube will probably last for at least 5-6 months, considering I don't use it every day. BTW I tried this on dry hair once, and dont' really like the result nearly as much as on damp hair.

on 2/2/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This works like magic on my thick, bobbed curly hair as a leave-in. It tames frizz, gives good curl separation, adds shine and smells really, really good (I heard that Tom Ford developed the scents for Oribe products.) Whatís not to love? Oh yeah, the price. Supershine Moisturizing Cream is crazy expensive: $19.50 for the travel size (say whaaaaat?), and $49 for the full size. Yes the cream works, but itís going to be one of those situations where I dig out the scissors and pliers to get every last drop out of the tube before I repurchase.

on 10/18/2009 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

About a week ago, I came out of the salon loving my hair and the products my stylist used. I didn't think to ask about them then, since I don't like being bullied into buying products I really don't want or need. Plus on my last visit the products she used seemed to be beyond sub par, almost driving me to wash it out immediately. However, after my visit I just needed to know what she used in addition to the BB curl conscious holding foam I saw her add before my blow out. Since the salon was already closed for the weekend when I called to find out, I left a message. I patiently waited until the following Tues for my answer, they had kindly left on my answering machine.

After searching the net about this product, I quickly found that there were only a few places that sold it and w/ a $49 price tag in tow. The salon was out, believe it or not, so I had to find another option. Bergdorfs online made it fast and easy to obtain, and I quickly had in my hot little hands the most expensive styling product I had ever purchased.

I have used this styling cream twice now, the first time with a little Pureology root lift. I usually shampoo w/ L'anza Remedy shamp and a little Pureology hydrate Codit, then use a spray detangler and moroccan oil and maybe a little root lift; prior to my blowout. My hair is thin to normal but I have lots and lots of it that hit almost the middle of my back. I have to also mention my hair is relatively great shape, but I do color it to maintain richness. Prior to my cut, I was in a bit of a hair rut w/ my hair falling flat and not keeping most of a style post blowout.

Since I purchased this cream I have been able to replace both my detangler and Moroccan oil. My hair is beyond shiny, has bit of bounce, style, and alluring musky fragrance; all without looking like I used anything at all. It also seems to be a better frizz zapper than my Moroccan oil, without any weigh down. However I live in the dry climate of northern cali and have not tested this against Southern humidity yet. I am also curious how this may stack up to Kerastase Ciment Thermique; which I have not been able to try yet. So far I am a believer, and am happy I forked over the mullah.

Update: I completely forgot about my love affair with this product, until I received a helpful vote email. I'm repurchasing it in the light version soon!

on 7/7/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I absolutely love this leave-in. I am AA and I have relaxed hair. This stuff makes my hair SUPER SHINY!!!! Seriously!!! and so so soft. It also detangles my hair and smells delicious. It does not weight my hair down or make it greasy; i hate greasy hair. My hair has so much movement with it. I'm on my second bottle. It is very expensive but worth it. The packaging looks very sexy too. Will continue to buy. I am currently testing the Signature Moisture Masque to see how it compares to my beloved Kerastase Masquintense.

Must have product!

on 2/23/2011 9:26:00 AM

This is the most ridiculously expensive hair product I've ever purchased. At the time I didn't realize how much it was, but I'm already thinking about rebuying it, because it is hands down the best leave in conditioner/defrizzing product I have ever used. My hair is very fine and I am living in an extremely dry climate right now. The haircut I have is really unsuited to this environment, as it has razored ends and tends to produce flyaways. On a bad day it frizzes badly and looks damaged at the ends when it is not.

I've tried a number of other leave ins, including Japanese 100% camellia oil (looks greasy), kiehl's leave-in (felt heavy and weighed down hair), phyto+ (not much moisturizing/smoothing properties), and terax (nice, but build up prone). I used this after John Masters zinc and sage shampoo, which really cleans the scalp. With just a little dab of this, my hair combs through easily, and is shiny, bouncy, smooth, frizz free, manageable. It's been two days since I used it on wet hair post-shampooing and it still looks great, like hair post salon. There's no sensation of product leftover, just lovely, just blown out hair. A lovely scent, fades quickly so it isn't offensive/doesn't compete with other fragrances, and gorgeous packaging that looks great on the counter. Love.

on 3/9/2016 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This makes my hair super soft and shiny, much like Phyto 7 does. It smells amazing as noted by other reviewers. The scent is hard to describe, but it's fruity and uplifting, similar to Bb's pret a powder, but not cloying. I only use a small amount (not even dime-sized) for my armpit-length fine hair. I like that it provides UV protection and use it on damp hair prior to blow drying. My hair feels slightly greasier when I use this, but I can still get away with washing it every other day and use dry shampoo to freshen up on the second day.

I bought a travel-sized tube to try, as this is pricey. I think I would've given this the full five stars if I hadn't discovered Phyto 7 first, as they accomplish the same results.

on 10/17/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Expensive, but there's truly nothing like it! I've tried everything at Whole Foods, several French pharmacy products, Kiehl's, Kerastase etc etc. I've just never used anything like this Supershine cream so it seems worth it to me. Excellent on my course, dry South Asian hair. Works a lot better applied to dry hair than damp. The effects also wear off throughout the day, so I usually put it on in the morning rather than at night. The packaging is nice although I think the bottle for the "light" version is prettier. The aroma was wayyy too strong for me in the beginning because I am used to essential oil fragrances but I've grown to like it. I also find that this product rinses out well with gentle shampoo and doesn't resist water like other silicone products.

on 1/21/2016 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I writing my review after trying the sample size tube of this product. I was secretly hoping this product wouldn't work.. but obviously not that lucky :) I am usually the sucker who gets tempted on reading the reviews, splurges and in the end if it doesn't work.. stacks it in a pile where nobody could ever find it!!! This time, I got lucky found a sample in my closet and thought wth! Has a light creamy consistency and doesn't leave a greasy feeling on the hair. I have used it on both damp and dry hair. I think it works very very well on taming down frizziness and flyaways. Leaves me with a smooth a soft hair. Best part is this can be used on dry hair too. I don't know where it goes sinks right in without any oily feeling. I lovee the scent of this line, to me it smells like D&G Light Blue. Which unfortunately doesn't have a staying power. The regular version of this cream did not weight down my fine hair. I am so freaking glad they make a 1.7oz for lesser $$$ even though the larger tube is a better value, doesn't hurt my heart or wallet as much :P For me the cons are the pricing and difficulty in locating a salon that carries this line. Remember reading this product being compared to FF Glossing Cream but if I remember correctly, these two are not even close. Oribe adds moisture which the Glossing Cream did not do.
Update**** I used it today before flat ironing, the results were stunning. Smooth, shiny and soft hair. Not the flat, stick straight hair that you get after using a flat iron. I usually want to wash my hair the next day but not with this product. Gives you that salon look at home. Worth the $$$$