Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

4.3

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

on 10/3/2015 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It didn't do much for me, but I'll give it a 2 because it did stop my painful bumps from hurting, even though it didn't get rid of them. I'm 24, with combo acne prone skin.

You can only wear at night - it's not to be worn around company. Once all the liquid dries up its difficult to use. Plus, it's expensive and I don't like the packaging. It didn't work on my hormonal cystic acne or random bumps that popped up during the week. Hopefully it works for you!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

A sulfur, zinc oxide, salicylic acid, and camphor solution is a great addition to any skin care arsenal when a stubborn pimple arises despite your best efforts in preventative skin care. If you've got a nasty zit that you can't get rid of, this concoction is great for reducing the severity of the breakout. I wouldn't say to expect miracles, like how some people claim it makes their pimples go away overnight, but it definitely can help reduce the size, swelling, and duration of the acne spot. Simply use a cotton swab to apply to the affect spots and leave on for as long as possible or overnight. Don't be too eager and apply this more than once a day – you'll just end up drying out your skin which could potentially increase irritation and make the breakout worse.

INGREDIENTS:
Active Ingredient: Sulfur 10%; Inactive Ingredients:Isopropyl Alcohol, Water/Aqua/Eau, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947).

NOTE: You'll want to take extra care if you're going to apply this solution anywhere near or above your eye area as this product will dry into a crust and flake off. I once treated a spot in between my eyes and the product flaked off and got into one of my eyes, causing it to burn. It took a lot of effort to wash out – I could see a small crust of pink literally stuck to my eyeball. This is why, if I am applying this product anywhere near my eyes, I will make sure I leave it on for a while and then wash it off instead of going to sleep or laying down, so I have less of a chance of the product flaking into my eyes. Please be careful!

TIP: I noticed that in my bottle of Eradikate, the clear liquid/solution of water and alcohol that floats about the pink substance evaporated completely after a few months. I didn't want the product to eventually dry out completely, so I poured in witch hazel, which is also pretty effective on its own for combatting acne. I noticed this combinations is even more effective on stubborn breakouts. If your bottle is drying out and you want to salvage it, try this!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have sensitive acne prone skin and this treatment has been the only way I've shortened the life span of my breakouts. If I feel a cystic acne bump forming on my chin I put this on and it actually stops it from emerging. I have suffered with acne for quite some time and have tried salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and tea tree oil spot treatments but none are as effective for me as this sulfur product. Will buy this over and over.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

after getting a horrible cyst from a stupid perricone eye cream i went to sephora to look for something to annihilate this sucker. while i didnt find something to annihilate, i did find something to ERADIKATE. haha. this shrinks any type of pimple over night. some may take longer than others but this a huge help. after two days my cyst it almost gone. if i hadnt used this it might have been there about 3 weeks. doesnt dry me out either which is good. also helps with blackheads too!

on 11/22/2010 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is wonderful. I have tried several products that claim to reduce acne, but this stuff really works. Even my husband, who occasionally will get a pimple and ask me for whatever current acne spot treatment I am using, has been raving about the product after one night of use. My only qualm is that the stuff runs out quickly for me (it becomes too thick in consistancy) and I have to repurchase every month or so. That being said, I do have very acne prone skin I use it daily. Regardless, it is well worth the money!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've used this product for one week now and this is the best spot treatment I have ever used! I have used products with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and even sulfur like this product is. But none has corked quite this well. The bottle has which I believe is the the sulfur which is pink and it settles at the bottom along with the alcohol on top. You dip your qtip in until you get some of the sulfur and you take it out and apply it to problem spots on your face. It leaves little pink dots on your face which I don't think rubs off, they were still there the next morning on my face.

It did exactly what it was supposed to do. Dry out my blemishes and keep my face clear. When I started using this, I had a few blemishes which were just beginning to show up. In the end after use this product, they never did fully show up and ended up drying up and fading out really fast. This has also prevented lots of new flare ups, especially ones that like to be stubborn and repop up back in the same spot.

I would rebuy this when I'm out. But I do have a grip with the way this is packaged. It does seem like I am wasting a lot of product just to have to dip a qtip in to get product out. It seems as though the qtip is just soaking it all up. I also seem to be going through quite a bit of qtips for this.

Popular Face Skincare Products