Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

3.7

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

on 12/24/2016 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a good product but not a miracle worker. I think it's a good option if you don't have access to acne prescriptions. The thing that about this product for me is that it's kind of a gamble of whether it's going to work or not as on some pimples it does but sometimes it's useless. If you want to try this but don't want to shell out the money then I suggest the Mario Badescu drying lotion as I didn't think the difference between these two warrants the $20 more for the eradikate.

on 3/23/2016 11:48:00 AM

Did not work for me. The smell is strong but tolerable, it sting a little but nothing extreme. I followed directions, did not mix of shake the bottle before using but I did not see a change. Didn't finish the product and will not be purchasing again.

on 10/12/2015 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I wanted to love this, but this was a miss for me.

I was having those "monthly pms breakouts", and decided to try this. Really didn't help them, just made them super red and dry and swollen! Didn't help with reducing redness at all, and seems to break me out even more. Regret purchasing this, i don't think sulfur agrees with my skin.

Much prefer spot treating with BP, way more effective and less messy!

on 4/8/2015 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this didn't do much of anything. my pimples dry up on their own in the same amount of time as they did using this product. i don't understand the positive reviews, honestly. this just didn't seem to do anything for me?

on 2/8/2015 9:44:00 PM

Definitely a holy grail spot treatment. Dip a qtip into the product, put a light layer over my problems areas, sleep with it on and my spots look significantly better in the morning. Draws out the swelling of pimples, redness and sensitivity. Most of my problems areas only need a treatment or two of this stuff and they're gone. Love it, will absolutely repurchase when I run out of it.

on 12/31/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a really nice spot treatment. Overall, it's not a miracle worker, but I've yet to find a skin care product that is. I don't have horrible acne anymore, but I do still occasionally get spots or a big cystic thing on my face. The one thing I don't particularly like about this product is how much it flakes off after I apply it. Maybe I'm applying too thick a coat, but it seems like it just flakes off as soon as it dries. Very strong alcohol/sulfur combo smell, but that goes away pretty quickly.
Overall, a decent spot treatment that does what it says.

I find that this is mainly meant for really stubborn blemishes. It does typically help to dry them out and heal them, but it doesn't always work. You never know if it's going to actually work and make the blemish go away really fast or do nothing. When it works though, it really works and I love that. The only other thing is that it's kind of hard to get out of the bottle once you've used up most of it. I like to try to use every last bit since it is so expensive, and in the beginning it's fine, but once all the liquid part is gone you're just left with the pink stuff on the bottom and it's really hard to get out. Overall, even though it doesn't always work, when it does it's great!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this almost nightly on blemishes. It works well to dry up pimples quickly, and greatly reduces the time it takes to get rid of cystic acne blemishes. I like to use sulfur products as opposed to benzyl peroxide at night to avoid bleached out pillow cases. Keep in mind that sulfur is not a pleasant odor, but that's the trade off for this fast working spot treatment.
The only thing I don't like is that once the surface liquid dries up and the product gets down to the bottom, it becomes difficult to reach with a cotton swab. If you add a little rubbing alcohol, you can extend the use of the product. Seems like simply a shorter bottle would alleviate this issue. If you can find the long wooden swabs like they have in medical facilities, I would think they would be perfect to use with this product.
I will still continue to buy and use this product. It lasts a long time, too.

This product is best when applied to popped (sorry, gross!) blemishes, so it's good for people like me who have a habit of touching their blemishes. It's also AMAZING for those under the skin pimples; the catch is applying morning AND night. I usually use it overnight and then dab it on any bad ones for about 15-20 mins while I'm doing my hair in the morning. You'll see results in 2-3 days!

As the majority of the reviews state, this is a good product. It does work fairly well overnight. However, I wouldn't repurchase it since it's quite expensive here in the Canadian Sephoras ($27). The reason I wouldn't repurchase it is because I find that benzoyl peroxide does the same trick on my skin. Persa Gel 5 by Clean & Clear is a third of the price and works just the same.

Also, my skin smells like sulphur ever since I've been using this product. The smell is obviously only noticeable to me, but it is there.

On a final note, silver jewelry strongly tarnishes when you start using sulphur. I noticed my Tiffany earrings turning dark every single day I used Eradikate. It's annoying but definitely not the end of the world, since you can clean tarnished silver easily with products you can buy at Wal-Mart. Just remember to take off any valuable silver jewelry once you apply this product onto your skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products