Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

3.9

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Worth every single penny. Completely removes the blemish, or drastically reduces it by the next morning. Purchase immediately!

on 10/31/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a so-so product. It did reduce swelling in some of my pimples, but after washing it off in the morning and going about my day, the swelling sort of came back by night. I could not use it more than two nights in a row; it was just way too irritating. It flakes off and the product in the bottle dries up quickly. I'm sure it works for some, but it didn't for me. Will not repurchase.

on 8/13/2013 8:49:00 PM

While it's not a miracle product by any means, this does help me deal with any big, under the skin breakouts I may get. I apply some EradiKate with a Q-Tip onto and slightly around the targeted zit before bed, and by the time I wake up it has significantly gone down. For fresh/big/really deep breakouts, it may take more than one night for it to dry out and start healing, but considering that those types of zits usually stuck around for weeks on me - that's a big improvement!

My skin has always reacted favorably to sulfur on acne, though. Make sure you spot test first, as this could be too drying or irritating for some skin types. The camphor in the formula is problematic, so I wouldn't use this too frequently or you'll probably make things worse as it's really drying.

As an aside, if you get big, swollen mosquito bites like I do - use this product on them! The calamine and sulfur aspect help with the itch considerably, and I've noticed that when I apply this the bites don't stay itchy and inflamed as long as they would otherwise.

So while I don't have to use this product every day, it's earned it's spot as an emergency fix - for big breakouts or bug bites - in my medicine cabinet.

Only reason a lippie is off is because hoo, that smell. It is PERSISTENT! Took me three washings to get the sulfur smell off of my pillow. If you're sensitive to smell when you're trying to sleep, this could probably keep you awake =/

Edit: I've reduced the rating and changed my repurchase to no, as I've found much more success with Etude House's version. The EH version is light-years more affordable (even importing it, it's like $14 compared to Kate's $20+) and doesn't include camphor, which was my main complaint about Eradi-Kate as it can be really drying if you use it regularly. Etude's also is just plain more effective for me, whether it's the absence of the irritating/drying camphor or the addition of hinoki extract, I don't know, either way it's hard for me to endorse Eradi-Kate as much when there exists such a better, more effective, more affordable option.

on 5/27/2012 2:34:00 PM

This appeared to dry out the pimple on the top layer, but you would still be left with a bump. It was effective alone right before the pimple was ready to come out on its own. I purchased this as part of the blemish banisher kit at sephora, and ended up returning it. Basically, it did not minimize the pimple and it was annoying to have a pink paste on your face even if it is only at night.

on 1/21/2012 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't tolerate benzoyl peroxide, and sulfur-based acne products give me similar antibacterial results. I bought Eradikate because it contains sulfur, and quite a bit of it. I was expecting a total miracle product, based on reviews I'd read. Eradikate works well on my average, everyday zits, but not as well on the occasional deep cystic zit. Then again, I haven't found much that works on the cystic buggers, so I can't really hold that against the Eradikate.

Yes, it's smelly and stings like the dickens. Yes, it's unattractive on the face. Yes it's a bit odd application-wise. All that said, the results are well worth the bother for me. So far it seems to be pretty cost effective, especially since I bought it on sale for 20% off.

on 1/4/2012 9:06:00 PM

HG Acne elimination product!!! This stuff is amazing!! Sulfur is so so unbelievably good at clearing up acne. I don't find that it smells at all as bad as some people have been saying. I have purchased this product 5 times already, and will continue to do so. It's just that amazingly effective. I don't break out a lot, only when I get my period. But even a few pimples suck!! This product literally eliminates them for me overnight! I will never be without this. And its not the end of the world if it gets shaken up, just let it sit and it will settle right back to where it needs to be.

on 5/7/2010 11:00:00 PM

In theory I do not have acne, just "occasional blemishes" that linger...for weeks or months... I have no idea what has been going on with my skin in the past few years. I've tried so many other treatments, finding only a few that worked for a little while and then stopped (Burt's Bees and Almay). This product is really good at stopping a blemish in its tracks--the only problem is that it leaves a reddish/purplish mark. I do use my regular moisturizer for combo skin during the day; I use EradiKate at night. I am glad doing a best product search on MakeUpAlley revealed this product to me!

This is literally the best spot treatment i have ever tried! I don't have problem skin at all but have those pesky monthly breakouts no matter how balanced and clean my face is. Annoying as hell and why have tried about every spot treatment out there to make my blemishes disappear without overdrying that area like all spot treatments with benzyl peroxide do. I understand people use that because they want their pimple dried out but you can accomplish that with gentle and non harsh things like Salicylic Acid and Sulfur which are the best ingredients you can use for blemishes. I was a huge fan of sulfur especially as not only does it heal blemishes but also keeps the same ones from coming back in the same spots and especially the under the skin bumps we all get now and then. For years my HG was DDF Sulfur mask which I also used as a spot treatment at night, however hated that it doesn't leave your skin feeling smooth, difficult to wash off, and would always crumble off on my pillow lol.
I was so happy to run across Eradikate which is really the only product I like from Kate Somerville's way overpricced line. It is the only liquid sulfur product I have seen and has a high amount. It comes in a glass bottle that is pink of the bottom half and the top half is alcohol, You just dip in a cotton swab from bottom to top (never shake the bottle). Anyhow this is the most effetive spot treatment I have ever used and is my hg staple at night as it leaves pink dots on your face. It dries instantly and never comes off on my pillow and washes off with pure ease in the morning unlike using certain clay masks and your blemishes are gone or 10 times smaller and not red anymore. This product has effective ingredients and truly works without drying your skin out. Try it! :)