Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

4.7

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

on 3/14/2017 12:53:00 PM

One I keep coming back to. Treats blemishes overnight. Even nasty ones are significantly improved. Agree the smell sucks but I can handle it due to the results.

on 10/30/2016 11:15:00 PM

Ugh I've put off writing this review for a long time. This product does a great job treating breakouts, even those frustrating deep cysts that form on my chin. However, the smell is an absolute nightmare! I can barely sleep when using it because my nose things I'm resting my head on a pillow stuffed with rotten eggs. I know other users don't mind this smell, but I'm always overly sensitive when it comes to smells, so take my opinion with a grain of salt ;) I would use eradicate more frequently if the smell weren't so bothersome. One method I use to cope with this has been to cover the spot where I apply the Eradikate with a small band-aid. This minimizes the smell and doesn't result in me having to wash the comforter and blankets off my bed each time I use this medication. Despite, the drawbacks, I am currently on my second bottle. It is good to have on hand for those pimples that will not go away with benzoyl peroxide or salycilic acid. If there were another product that could be used to neutralize the sulfuric odor after applying Eradikate solution, this would be 5 stars.

This product does not work miracles, and it isn't without its problems, however it is still the best spot treatment I have tried (including prescription only products prescribed to me by dermatologists). The most important thing to me is that it reduces breakouts WITHOUT stinging/burning like crazy and drying the hell out of all the surrounding skin on my face...seriously, I think the majority of spot treatments do more damage to your skin than the actual pimple you're trying to destroy. Unlike other spot treatments that are aggravating and often painful, this stuff is soothing and seems to bring the inflammation right down. It works well on superficial acne, and if I catch them early, it's also great for nipping cystic-like pimples in the bud. As others have mentioned, it's expensive and the small bottle will often dry out before I've used it all, so you don't get that much bang for your buck. The biggest negative for me though is not really being able to travel with it (due to the nature of the product, it cannot be shaken/turned on its side or upside down at all). I travel a lot for work, and it always seems to be during these trips that I break out, so this is really frustrating for me! All that being said, this is the still the most effective acne spot treatment I have tried that is actually kind to my skin, so I will continue to repurchase.

on 10/11/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Yay Kate!!! Not a miracle worker but so far my HG product for painful cystic acne - it definitely shortens the lifespan of those suckers. A little pricey for the bottle but it lasts a long time and hey, if it works...have repurchased twice and almost on my 3rd bottle.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a great spot treatment. My skin responds really well to sulfur, and this one works like a charm. It doesn't make my spots disappear overnight, but it really does make them go away faster than if I were to to use nothing, or a different product. I also like that when I apply it into the day, I can blend it in with my skin. I have very fair skin, so this blends perfectly and actually acts as a concealer on my skin. It's great. It smells very alcoholy, which I hate, but I deal with it. The smell goes away right away and doesn't linger. This is a great spot treatment and definitely worth the money.

on 10/11/2012 10:31:00 PM

Although I am addicted to reading reviews on products, I have rarely taken the time to review them myself. So that's saying a lot already about this product. Kate Somerville has definitely outdone herself with this product. I have been trying to find something to help with my outburst of acne, and have tried almost everything. I started using this product last night and already my "cyst" have almost disappeared. Before I used this it would take a week or two to get rid of one, and by that time there would be more! I am so happy with this product that I actually feel confident in my skin again! I am looking forward to adding this to my skin care routine while continuing on my journey to clear skin!

(by the way; my break outs are localized to my forehead and chin- mostly hormonal.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried this and the Mario version, but I prefer Eradikate. Mario's is a bit less expensive, and is almost the same, but I feel like Eradikate just works a bit better for me whenever I get a 'big' pimple or a breakout. A good friend of mine who is very skin and cosmetics savvy reccomended this to me, and she swears by it. It's also packaged well, and lasts a long time, so the price makes it worth the product.

on 2/2/2012 5:07:00 PM

Excellent! I apply this every night to at least some portion of my face. It makes me feel better to not look at the problem areas on my skin even at night, so this is nice to cover them up! haha. But as far as effectiveness, if you catch a pimple RIGHT when it's starting, and I mean within hours that you can feel it, then this is really effective. But if you use it on a large one that is already there, its so so. I mean sure it'll dry it out a bit, but It doesn't really do so any faster than anything else. But I still use it, because it definitely helps clear up new and existing acne.

One thing I do no like is that if you apply it as directed, with a q-tip simply dotting the area, it will flake off... you need to actually massage in the area a little bit so the product will adhere to the skin... other than that...Great product. It smells bad, yes... so what. At least she doesn't load her stuff with perfume.

on 1/12/2012 11:09:00 AM

I bought this from Sephora as part of a kit and absolutely adore it. Sulfur is truly a miracle worker when it comes to breakouts and this stuff dries up breakouts in no time flat. I apply a dab to any problem area(s) before bed. The only problem is that sometimes the product doesn't stay on all night. I guess my pillow rubs it off. That probably has more to do with my wild sleeping habits than the product though. ;) I'd absolutely repurchase this over and over again.

on 6/28/2011 1:34:00 AM

This is the best spot treatment I've ever used, but you can only use it at night because it shows up bright pink and flaky.

Popular Face Skincare Products