Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

3.8

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Worth every single penny. Completely removes the blemish, or drastically reduces it by the next morning. Purchase immediately!

This product does not work miracles, and it isn't without its problems, however it is still the best spot treatment I have tried (including prescription only products prescribed to me by dermatologists). The most important thing to me is that it reduces breakouts WITHOUT stinging/burning like crazy and drying the hell out of all the surrounding skin on my face...seriously, I think the majority of spot treatments do more damage to your skin than the actual pimple you're trying to destroy. Unlike other spot treatments that are aggravating and often painful, this stuff is soothing and seems to bring the inflammation right down. It works well on superficial acne, and if I catch them early, it's also great for nipping cystic-like pimples in the bud. As others have mentioned, it's expensive and the small bottle will often dry out before I've used it all, so you don't get that much bang for your buck. The biggest negative for me though is not really being able to travel with it (due to the nature of the product, it cannot be shaken/turned on its side or upside down at all). I travel a lot for work, and it always seems to be during these trips that I break out, so this is really frustrating for me! All that being said, this is the still the most effective acne spot treatment I have tried that is actually kind to my skin, so I will continue to repurchase.

on 10/3/2015 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It didn't do much for me, but I'll give it a 2 because it did stop my painful bumps from hurting, even though it didn't get rid of them. I'm 24, with combo acne prone skin.

You can only wear at night - it's not to be worn around company. Once all the liquid dries up its difficult to use. Plus, it's expensive and I don't like the packaging. It didn't work on my hormonal cystic acne or random bumps that popped up during the week. Hopefully it works for you!

I recently started breaking out horribly, due to hormones and a foundation that hated my skin. I purchased this in Kate's kit to banish blemishes and acne. I love it! I dab this on with a q-tip and let it sit. I'll even reapply after a few hours. It sucks the life out of my horrible cystic acne and it is gone within a day or two. My husband also loved it. Sulfur is great for drying out cystic acne. At $25, it seems expensive, but it lasts a LONG time. I will repurchase.

on 12/31/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a really nice spot treatment. Overall, it's not a miracle worker, but I've yet to find a skin care product that is. I don't have horrible acne anymore, but I do still occasionally get spots or a big cystic thing on my face. The one thing I don't particularly like about this product is how much it flakes off after I apply it. Maybe I'm applying too thick a coat, but it seems like it just flakes off as soon as it dries. Very strong alcohol/sulfur combo smell, but that goes away pretty quickly.
Overall, a decent spot treatment that does what it says.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this almost nightly on blemishes. It works well to dry up pimples quickly, and greatly reduces the time it takes to get rid of cystic acne blemishes. I like to use sulfur products as opposed to benzyl peroxide at night to avoid bleached out pillow cases. Keep in mind that sulfur is not a pleasant odor, but that's the trade off for this fast working spot treatment.
The only thing I don't like is that once the surface liquid dries up and the product gets down to the bottom, it becomes difficult to reach with a cotton swab. If you add a little rubbing alcohol, you can extend the use of the product. Seems like simply a shorter bottle would alleviate this issue. If you can find the long wooden swabs like they have in medical facilities, I would think they would be perfect to use with this product.
I will still continue to buy and use this product. It lasts a long time, too.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product out of recommendation from a salesgirl at Sephora. At first I liked using this product. It helped sped up my acne recovery. I don't like the smell and so does my boyfriend. It was a hassle to use because it left a pink goo on your face which can't be covered with make up. It's also flaky and made my pillowcase and bed sheets stained with pink flakes and sulfur smell.

I noticed after few weeks of using, I started to develop cystic acne around my whole face. During that time, I was also using Philosophy Purity and this product. So I stopped using both product and after that, my acne is reduced to just normal ones. However I am still left with acne scars.

Will never repurchase.

on 10/31/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a so-so product. It did reduce swelling in some of my pimples, but after washing it off in the morning and going about my day, the swelling sort of came back by night. I could not use it more than two nights in a row; it was just way too irritating. It flakes off and the product in the bottle dries up quickly. I'm sure it works for some, but it didn't for me. Will not repurchase.

on 10/3/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Fantastic prodcut that I actually returned. Why? Because its 10% sulfur as the only active ingredient, I managed to find a sulfur soap at my local pharmacy that is the exact same stuff. Performs just as well & costed me $2 vs $22. If your wondering KS is pink sulfur at the bottom of clear liquid, that you DONT mix. I used a q-tip to touch the pink gunk & apply directly to problems spots--> wake up with less red, dried and flattening out volcano. I liked it so much that I decided to wear it in the daytime, under makeup=HUGE mistake. Forgot that rancid awful smell, I was soo conscious of the weird stares all day. Now if your wondering how to get the max results from the soap, same concept. Lather a sud & apply to spot & sleep in it. It works beautifully as a 5 minute full face mask aso but if you want longer overnight results try that. I loved KS so much that I threw the receipt away after a week, knowing I'd use it forever; luckily sephora gave me the store credit for it & now I'll never look for another spot treatment.

As the majority of the reviews state, this is a good product. It does work fairly well overnight. However, I wouldn't repurchase it since it's quite expensive here in the Canadian Sephoras ($27). The reason I wouldn't repurchase it is because I find that benzoyl peroxide does the same trick on my skin. Persa Gel 5 by Clean & Clear is a third of the price and works just the same.

Also, my skin smells like sulphur ever since I've been using this product. The smell is obviously only noticeable to me, but it is there.

On a final note, silver jewelry strongly tarnishes when you start using sulphur. I noticed my Tiffany earrings turning dark every single day I used Eradikate. It's annoying but definitely not the end of the world, since you can clean tarnished silver easily with products you can buy at Wal-Mart. Just remember to take off any valuable silver jewelry once you apply this product onto your skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products