Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by hair type : Other
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

4.4

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Yes, Amazing. I'm prone to breakouts on my chin and hate waiting days for them to go away. This stuff gets rid of my outbreaks overnight. A must have for acne prone skin. Works better than any of my acne cream prescriptions.

on 4/12/2017 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is a little messy and has a pretty terrible smell, but man does it mean business. A dab on breakout overnight, and if it isn't gone by morning (it frequently is) it's down in size and redness so that it can easily be covered with makeup. The only bummer is that this is a spot treatment, not something for the whole face. Wish I could use this as a preventative, not just a treatment!

on 10/12/2015 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I wanted to love this, but this was a miss for me.

I was having those "monthly pms breakouts", and decided to try this. Really didn't help them, just made them super red and dry and swollen! Didn't help with reducing redness at all, and seems to break me out even more. Regret purchasing this, i don't think sulfur agrees with my skin.

Much prefer spot treating with BP, way more effective and less messy!

on 1/3/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This stuff is fabulous! After one night of application I noticed a dramatic change. By the second night the blemish was almost gone. LOVE LOVE LOVE it....

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I get a lot of hormonal acne on my chin.. The under the skin pimples that never want to fully pop up.. I was using proactive mask for the longest time which contains 6% sulfur.. I heard of this and read the reviews.. I know sulfur helps my pimples more then anything but the proactive wasn't cutting it anymore.. I tried this last night and a pimple Ive been trying to get rid of for weeks was gone by the morning.. If the product works like this all the time I found my new HG Spot treatment.. Price doesn't bother me at all! So far so good!!

I had been having hormonal acne triggered by a another product that just wouldn't go away all over the sides of my neck and I was getting desperate because it wouldnt go away so I bought this online without reading reviews I'm glad I did it because 75% of my acne is gone I will keep repurchasing this product and I'm also interested in what other products Kate Somerville has!! This is awesome!

on 2/2/2012 5:07:00 PM

Excellent! I apply this every night to at least some portion of my face. It makes me feel better to not look at the problem areas on my skin even at night, so this is nice to cover them up! haha. But as far as effectiveness, if you catch a pimple RIGHT when it's starting, and I mean within hours that you can feel it, then this is really effective. But if you use it on a large one that is already there, its so so. I mean sure it'll dry it out a bit, but It doesn't really do so any faster than anything else. But I still use it, because it definitely helps clear up new and existing acne.

One thing I do no like is that if you apply it as directed, with a q-tip simply dotting the area, it will flake off... you need to actually massage in the area a little bit so the product will adhere to the skin... other than that...Great product. It smells bad, yes... so what. At least she doesn't load her stuff with perfume.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Smells terrible but really good overnight zit zapper. Cuz of the smell I don't use it everyday, especially on the old deep cystic acne but works great on whiteheads that pop up now and then. It definitely works faster than my other acne treatments such as Differin, la roche posay effaclar k, and bare minerals blemish treatment powder.

on 11/14/2010 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

HG spot treatment! What can I say that already hasn't been said? This product is one of *the* best sulfur products I've ever used (Murad's sulfur spot treatment was pretty good but way too drying) At the time when I was considering purchasing this, I was pretty desperate to get rid of some persistent moderate acne on my cheeks and jawline. After reading the raving reviews here and on sephora, I decided to give it a shot and am so glad I did! It takes down the swelling in less 24-48 hours and by the end of the third day even the most persistent spot is ..well eradicated! For such amazing quality, the price is definitely worth it. Will repurchase again and again and again. I buy direct from the kate sommerville site rather than sephora because of the free shipping and discount code you can use <3

*****EDIT******* 12/7/10 - This officially made my face clear by 90% :D

BUT. I had found a drugstore dupe for this! Bye Bye Blemish has almost identical ingredients for half the price!

Eradikate 1 oz: 10% Sulfur, Ispropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium, Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides

Bye Bye Blemish 1 oz: Sulfur (10%), Isopropyl Alcohol, Water (Aqua), Zinc Oxide, Salicylic Acid, Camphor, Aluminum Magnesium Silicate, Iron Oxide (CI 77491)

As you can see ByeBye Blemish has their SA higher up on the list and includes Water as one of its ingredients, but there's still 10% sulfur and Iso Alcohol! Wish I'd known this before splurging on Somerville. However if you sign up for their newsletter there're occasional big sales (like the last black friday sale where everything was 30% off) and shipping is almost always free (I ended up paying $16.90) then it's not a huge difference in price if you buy Somerville over ByeBye Blemish since you'd have to pay shipping/handling for the latter.

Love it! I use as a night-time spot treatement on painful zits as well as the little bumps that never seem to go away.

Definitely helps on emerging zits - some of the ones I catch early never become big zits. Some do, but I haven't had any major zits since I started using this. Somewhat helps with the ever-present bumps. The bumps are still there, but smaller and less noticeable.

After putting this on, I look like I've got chicken pox or calamine lotion covering mosquito bites. It's *not* a pretty look, definitely a noticeable pepto-bismol pink color. And, the smell is noticeable (but not as bad as some of the other sulfur products I've tried).