Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

4.2

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have sensitive acne prone skin and this treatment has been the only way I've shortened the life span of my breakouts. If I feel a cystic acne bump forming on my chin I put this on and it actually stops it from emerging. I have suffered with acne for quite some time and have tried salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and tea tree oil spot treatments but none are as effective for me as this sulfur product. Will buy this over and over.

on 10/31/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a so-so product. It did reduce swelling in some of my pimples, but after washing it off in the morning and going about my day, the swelling sort of came back by night. I could not use it more than two nights in a row; it was just way too irritating. It flakes off and the product in the bottle dries up quickly. I'm sure it works for some, but it didn't for me. Will not repurchase.

on 10/16/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried a lot of acne treatments and so far I really like this one. It does shrink the acne, though I might not say overnight. I think it also helps heal open ones faster, at least it feels like it does. Be warned that if you put it on a 'popped' pimple or other cut it will sting and they might even advise against it, but it doesn't bother me and I feel it helps (actually, I think it works better when they're open...).

As far as how to use it, it says don't shake it, and at first I was confused. So I swirled it lightly, lol. That's not what I was supposed to do. You are supposed to dip the cotton swab IN through the clear liquid into the thicker sediment on bottom and tap off excess. Then you put that on. I think the reason there is liquid is so it doesn't dry out and turn into a powder, but if you mix it, the sediment is diluted and less strong and therefore less effective. It should go on pretty thick, not watery. And it crumbles a little as it dries.

This is not a prevention product and yes it smells strongly of sulfur (use an old pillowcase!!), but it's great for overnight wear and I also really like to put a small dab on before makeup so the acne I have doesn't re-infect from being covered with straight makeup. :) It's not that expensive when you take into consideration that it's Kate Somerville and an acne product, and you really only need a little so it lasts. Hope that helps!

Also, to cut my q-tip consumption, I use a very small taklon brush that I wash and reuse. You can get one at a craft store, and use it for other products if you like because it is washable as any other brush would be. :)

Update: Ok, it has been just over a year since I started this and I'd like to update. Firstly, it's not THAT great. My skin was breaking out constantly and this wasn't enough to stop it. Sometimes the pimples would reinfect after using this, which I can't blame this, I just have bad skin. But this isn't for prevention as I mentioned, so if you break out as often as I do, it really won't make your skin clear. I had moved to cheaper brands but it all is the same. This is better for those with occasional break outs since those with heavy break outs will need too much, it will over dry your skin because of the alcohol and people will smell the sulfur on you as well as all over your pillowcase etc. You also should avoid this if you have over exfoliated or have a compromised barrier. In summary, I think sulfur treatments can be great for breakouts but it wasn't worthwhile for me. I went back to a gentle benzyl peroxide treatment and had much better success. If you do choose to use a sulfur, there are cheaper alternatives than this brand.

Best acne treatment I have ever tried. It minimizes the size of pimples overnight and within a couple of days it's gone! It does dry out your skin a bit so don't forget to moisturize in the morning.

One of the cons of this product is that it dries out fairly quickly so you want to be sure that the cap is screwed on very tightly after each use. Even with that, it still dries out within a couple of months, but I had some very bad acne so I used most of it before it dried out.

It's not very harsh either, which is surprising for how well it works. When I first recieved it I used it every night for a couple of weeks until all my acne cleared up and then I only used it when I felt a pimple coming. It's been about 2 months now and it's almost used up, but I'm definitely going to buy more!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wasn't expecting this product to work, but it does. I can't say it works on all acne, like deep cysts, but it does work on that stuff that lingers that is close to the surface. It isn't a miracle product that you apply once, and everything miraculously goes away. But, if you have those lingering pimples/zits that stick around for weeks that are closer to the surface but aren't coming to a head, then this product will dry them out with nightly use over about 3 days or so. It does stink and tingle a bit when you put it on, but it is so worth it. This is a spot treatment and not a product to apply on your whole face. I had 2 cysts close to each other, and it got rid of one, and the other is a little smaller. If you shake this up by accident, then just let the contents settle. Dip your q-tip in and then pull it out and dab it on the spots. My spots are all on my chin/jawline area. This is worth a try. And, I spend a lot on skincare, so I don't think it is pricey for something that actually works!

on 9/22/2010 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

INCREDIBLE! This is HG for sure. I get that one obnoxious zit every month and this is the only product that kills it within a day. It's somewhat deceiving with all the "do not shake" warnings, because I have traveled with it a few times and the pink stuff always settles back to the bottom within a few minutes. I will never be without this!

Popular Face Skincare Products