Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

4.1

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

on 9/17/2017 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Years ago I used Mario Badescu’s Acne Drying Lotion, and this is the exact same thing, though since it’s sold through Sephora, it’s easier for me to get than trying to find another retailer that sells Mario Badescu (I know I could go straight through MB’s website, but I prefer to use retailers that sell more than one brand). The concept is the same: don’t shake the bottle, dip a Q-tip through the top alcohol layer and into the pink layer, dab the pink stuff on zits, let dry, go to bed, wake up to smaller or gone zits. I liked MB’s version and thought it worked well, but I wasn’t so desperate for it that I’ve been buying it for the past few years. Overall I like Kate Somerville’s is decent. I had a bright zit near the tip of my nose and this spot treatment did nothing, didn’t even stay in place overnight. By morning there was no trace of the stuff. But for a growing zit on my chin (the kind where you can feel a tender spot days before you can see it), it completely killed that in two nights of treatment. I’m on the fence if I’ll buy this again. I might relent and find a retailer for MB first, since it costs less than Kate Somerville and is the exact same product.

on 4/12/2017 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is a little messy and has a pretty terrible smell, but man does it mean business. A dab on breakout overnight, and if it isn't gone by morning (it frequently is) it's down in size and redness so that it can easily be covered with makeup. The only bummer is that this is a spot treatment, not something for the whole face. Wish I could use this as a preventative, not just a treatment!

on 3/23/2016 11:48:00 AM

Did not work for me. The smell is strong but tolerable, it sting a little but nothing extreme. I followed directions, did not mix of shake the bottle before using but I did not see a change. Didn't finish the product and will not be purchasing again.

on 10/3/2015 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It didn't do much for me, but I'll give it a 2 because it did stop my painful bumps from hurting, even though it didn't get rid of them. I'm 24, with combo acne prone skin.

You can only wear at night - it's not to be worn around company. Once all the liquid dries up its difficult to use. Plus, it's expensive and I don't like the packaging. It didn't work on my hormonal cystic acne or random bumps that popped up during the week. Hopefully it works for you!

on 2/6/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is holy grail spot treatment. I don't care how much it costs because it works. I use this at night after washing my face. Dipping a cotton swap into the jar - shaking not required - I apply it to where I need it. It dries quickly and doesn't leave a residue on my pillow. In the morning, the pimple is significantly reduced and may require just one or two more treatments. And in some instances, the pimple has completely dried out overnight. The smell is pretty strong, but I can get over it because this product works. The product will last me a long time, but when I need to, I will repurchase.

on 1/27/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product helps bring down the inflammation of cystic acne and huge zit outbreaks overnight. It will shorten the life span and reduce the pimple size, but it won't make it disappear overnight (there probably isn't any product that could actually do this anyway). So it's effective and does the best medication could do for pimples.

This product contains mostly isopropyl alcohol liquid in it and then sulfur sediment at the bottom of the bottle. To use this, you will need to dip your q-tip all the way to the bottom to pick up the sediment. Since this product contain alcohol, it evaporates pretty quickly. Make sure every time you open the bottle to use the product, close the lid right away afterwards. The alcohol will still evaporate much sooner than you finishing all the product from the bottom. To prolong/make the most of the product, buy some isopropyl alcohol from your local drugstore/pharmacy and add it to the bottle. Doing this will allow the product to last a very long time for you which will make the price more worth it.

The product is pretty pricey for what looks to be a small bottle. However the bottle lasts for a very long time, especially if you add the isopropyl after it is mostly evaporated. Overall, would recommend!

on 12/31/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a really nice spot treatment. Overall, it's not a miracle worker, but I've yet to find a skin care product that is. I don't have horrible acne anymore, but I do still occasionally get spots or a big cystic thing on my face. The one thing I don't particularly like about this product is how much it flakes off after I apply it. Maybe I'm applying too thick a coat, but it seems like it just flakes off as soon as it dries. Very strong alcohol/sulfur combo smell, but that goes away pretty quickly.
Overall, a decent spot treatment that does what it says.

on 10/11/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Yay Kate!!! Not a miracle worker but so far my HG product for painful cystic acne - it definitely shortens the lifespan of those suckers. A little pricey for the bottle but it lasts a long time and hey, if it works...have repurchased twice and almost on my 3rd bottle.

I find that this is mainly meant for really stubborn blemishes. It does typically help to dry them out and heal them, but it doesn't always work. You never know if it's going to actually work and make the blemish go away really fast or do nothing. When it works though, it really works and I love that. The only other thing is that it's kind of hard to get out of the bottle once you've used up most of it. I like to try to use every last bit since it is so expensive, and in the beginning it's fine, but once all the liquid part is gone you're just left with the pink stuff on the bottom and it's really hard to get out. Overall, even though it doesn't always work, when it does it's great!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this almost nightly on blemishes. It works well to dry up pimples quickly, and greatly reduces the time it takes to get rid of cystic acne blemishes. I like to use sulfur products as opposed to benzyl peroxide at night to avoid bleached out pillow cases. Keep in mind that sulfur is not a pleasant odor, but that's the trade off for this fast working spot treatment.
The only thing I don't like is that once the surface liquid dries up and the product gets down to the bottom, it becomes difficult to reach with a cotton swab. If you add a little rubbing alcohol, you can extend the use of the product. Seems like simply a shorter bottle would alleviate this issue. If you can find the long wooden swabs like they have in medical facilities, I would think they would be perfect to use with this product.
I will still continue to buy and use this product. It lasts a long time, too.

Popular Face Skincare Products