Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

3.8

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

on 10/30/2016 11:15:00 PM

Ugh I've put off writing this review for a long time. This product does a great job treating breakouts, even those frustrating deep cysts that form on my chin. However, the smell is an absolute nightmare! I can barely sleep when using it because my nose things I'm resting my head on a pillow stuffed with rotten eggs. I know other users don't mind this smell, but I'm always overly sensitive when it comes to smells, so take my opinion with a grain of salt ;) I would use eradicate more frequently if the smell weren't so bothersome. One method I use to cope with this has been to cover the spot where I apply the Eradikate with a small band-aid. This minimizes the smell and doesn't result in me having to wash the comforter and blankets off my bed each time I use this medication. Despite, the drawbacks, I am currently on my second bottle. It is good to have on hand for those pimples that will not go away with benzoyl peroxide or salycilic acid. If there were another product that could be used to neutralize the sulfuric odor after applying Eradikate solution, this would be 5 stars.

on 3/23/2016 11:48:00 AM

Did not work for me. The smell is strong but tolerable, it sting a little but nothing extreme. I followed directions, did not mix of shake the bottle before using but I did not see a change. Didn't finish the product and will not be purchasing again.

This product does not work miracles, and it isn't without its problems, however it is still the best spot treatment I have tried (including prescription only products prescribed to me by dermatologists). The most important thing to me is that it reduces breakouts WITHOUT stinging/burning like crazy and drying the hell out of all the surrounding skin on my face...seriously, I think the majority of spot treatments do more damage to your skin than the actual pimple you're trying to destroy. Unlike other spot treatments that are aggravating and often painful, this stuff is soothing and seems to bring the inflammation right down. It works well on superficial acne, and if I catch them early, it's also great for nipping cystic-like pimples in the bud. As others have mentioned, it's expensive and the small bottle will often dry out before I've used it all, so you don't get that much bang for your buck. The biggest negative for me though is not really being able to travel with it (due to the nature of the product, it cannot be shaken/turned on its side or upside down at all). I travel a lot for work, and it always seems to be during these trips that I break out, so this is really frustrating for me! All that being said, this is the still the most effective acne spot treatment I have tried that is actually kind to my skin, so I will continue to repurchase.

on 10/12/2015 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I wanted to love this, but this was a miss for me.

I was having those "monthly pms breakouts", and decided to try this. Really didn't help them, just made them super red and dry and swollen! Didn't help with reducing redness at all, and seems to break me out even more. Regret purchasing this, i don't think sulfur agrees with my skin.

Much prefer spot treating with BP, way more effective and less messy!

on 9/28/2015 6:54:00 PM

Initially I thought this was working but I was very wrong. Everytime I put it on I would wake up with even more acne and redness. It was almost like a bad rash. I think the alcohol must have irritated my sensitive skin.

on 4/8/2015 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this didn't do much of anything. my pimples dry up on their own in the same amount of time as they did using this product. i don't understand the positive reviews, honestly. this just didn't seem to do anything for me?

on 12/31/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a really nice spot treatment. Overall, it's not a miracle worker, but I've yet to find a skin care product that is. I don't have horrible acne anymore, but I do still occasionally get spots or a big cystic thing on my face. The one thing I don't particularly like about this product is how much it flakes off after I apply it. Maybe I'm applying too thick a coat, but it seems like it just flakes off as soon as it dries. Very strong alcohol/sulfur combo smell, but that goes away pretty quickly.
Overall, a decent spot treatment that does what it says.

on 10/11/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Yay Kate!!! Not a miracle worker but so far my HG product for painful cystic acne - it definitely shortens the lifespan of those suckers. A little pricey for the bottle but it lasts a long time and hey, if it works...have repurchased twice and almost on my 3rd bottle.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this almost nightly on blemishes. It works well to dry up pimples quickly, and greatly reduces the time it takes to get rid of cystic acne blemishes. I like to use sulfur products as opposed to benzyl peroxide at night to avoid bleached out pillow cases. Keep in mind that sulfur is not a pleasant odor, but that's the trade off for this fast working spot treatment.
The only thing I don't like is that once the surface liquid dries up and the product gets down to the bottom, it becomes difficult to reach with a cotton swab. If you add a little rubbing alcohol, you can extend the use of the product. Seems like simply a shorter bottle would alleviate this issue. If you can find the long wooden swabs like they have in medical facilities, I would think they would be perfect to use with this product.
I will still continue to buy and use this product. It lasts a long time, too.

on 10/31/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a so-so product. It did reduce swelling in some of my pimples, but after washing it off in the morning and going about my day, the swelling sort of came back by night. I could not use it more than two nights in a row; it was just way too irritating. It flakes off and the product in the bottle dries up quickly. I'm sure it works for some, but it didn't for me. Will not repurchase.

Popular Face Skincare Products