Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

This is literally the best spot treatment i have ever tried! I don't have problem skin at all but have those pesky monthly breakouts no matter how balanced and clean my face is. Annoying as hell and why have tried about every spot treatment out there to make my blemishes disappear without overdrying that area like all spot treatments with benzyl peroxide do. I understand people use that because they want their pimple dried out but you can accomplish that with gentle and non harsh things like Salicylic Acid and Sulfur which are the best ingredients you can use for blemishes. I was a huge fan of sulfur especially as not only does it heal blemishes but also keeps the same ones from coming back in the same spots and especially the under the skin bumps we all get now and then. For years my HG was DDF Sulfur mask which I also used as a spot treatment at night, however hated that it doesn't leave your skin feeling smooth, difficult to wash off, and would always crumble off on my pillow lol.
I was so happy to run across Eradikate which is really the only product I like from Kate Somerville's way overpricced line. It is the only liquid sulfur product I have seen and has a high amount. It comes in a glass bottle that is pink of the bottom half and the top half is alcohol, You just dip in a cotton swab from bottom to top (never shake the bottle). Anyhow this is the most effetive spot treatment I have ever used and is my hg staple at night as it leaves pink dots on your face. It dries instantly and never comes off on my pillow and washes off with pure ease in the morning unlike using certain clay masks and your blemishes are gone or 10 times smaller and not red anymore. This product has effective ingredients and truly works without drying your skin out. Try it! :)

on 3/26/2010 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've only been using this a week, but it's definitely the most effective spot treatment I have ever used. When I started using it last week my skin had many healing or just rising blemishes that my old salic acid spot treatment had done nothing for. Within one day all the just rising blemishes were gone and I noticed immediate reductions to the ones I have. Right now my skin is almost completely clear. I don't have bad acne, but lately it always seems like I have 1-2 pimples on my face, this has almost completely cleared up those up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've used this product for one week now and this is the best spot treatment I have ever used! I have used products with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and even sulfur like this product is. But none has corked quite this well. The bottle has which I believe is the the sulfur which is pink and it settles at the bottom along with the alcohol on top. You dip your qtip in until you get some of the sulfur and you take it out and apply it to problem spots on your face. It leaves little pink dots on your face which I don't think rubs off, they were still there the next morning on my face.

It did exactly what it was supposed to do. Dry out my blemishes and keep my face clear. When I started using this, I had a few blemishes which were just beginning to show up. In the end after use this product, they never did fully show up and ended up drying up and fading out really fast. This has also prevented lots of new flare ups, especially ones that like to be stubborn and repop up back in the same spot.

I would rebuy this when I'm out. But I do have a grip with the way this is packaged. It does seem like I am wasting a lot of product just to have to dip a qtip in to get product out. It seems as though the qtip is just soaking it all up. I also seem to be going through quite a bit of qtips for this.

on 4/27/2010 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product for quite a while. It tends to work well on smaller pimples, or ones that are just forming. I notice that when I put it on an occasional bigger, deeper one, that it just aggravates it... Also, it's hard to get to the bottom when there is about 1/4 or less left. It also seems to be less effective then, but that just might be me.

This spot treatment works better than any other that I've tried. I can apply it to a pimple that's forming and it will keep it from coming to a head, and sometimes will make it disappear completely overnight. There are a few drawbacks, like the smell. It's terrible, and I find myself sniffing around trying to find where the stink is coming from until I realize it's me. It's slightly drying and the bottle could be just a tiny bit shorter so that when you stick a q-tip down into it you don't get residue from the opening onto your fingers. It also costs more than I like to pay for treatments, but despite all this it still gets 5 lippies because of how quickly and effectively it gets rid of pimples.

on 5/7/2010 11:00:00 PM

In theory I do not have acne, just "occasional blemishes" that linger...for weeks or months... I have no idea what has been going on with my skin in the past few years. I've tried so many other treatments, finding only a few that worked for a little while and then stopped (Burt's Bees and Almay). This product is really good at stopping a blemish in its tracks--the only problem is that it leaves a reddish/purplish mark. I do use my regular moisturizer for combo skin during the day; I use EradiKate at night. I am glad doing a best product search on MakeUpAlley revealed this product to me!

on 6/12/2010 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So my skin has been not in its usual great shape, and none of my great products seemed to be working. I even had to resort to my old Retin-A nightly ritual, and that did nothing for the two huge breakouts I got after a long and sweaty summer rock concert.
I knew exactly what had to be done---I jumped into my car and drove out to the biggest mall in Hawaii and purchased Kate's Eradikate and Mario Badescu's Healing Soothing mask, because Kate's one has consistently a higher score on every site from Origins and Mario Badescu's drying lotions, and also love that it has sulfur so my breakouts shouldn't happen in the same place...kinda like getting a cold. you never get the same one again. haha
For $22, this is a true lifesaver. It lived up to my expectations, and my face is greatly calmed down. I'll give it another day, and my face should be back to normal. I didn't even want to go out of the house because of what had happened, and this little pink bottle saved my lifestyle.
Thanks, Kate.

on 7/12/2010 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I initially discovered sulfur treatments worked the best for my occasional cystic acne by using Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask, which contains sulfur. I used to dab the green mask onto blemishes before bed and it worked fantastic.

I decided to give EradiKate a try after a Sephora rep said this had the highest sulfur content than any other product on the market (it has 10%, while Queen Helene's probably has negligible amount since it does not contain a Drug Information label on it). Needless to say, this works better than anything else I had ever tried in the past. The only downsides are the application process- you don't just squeeze this out like any other pimple cream, and you can't really travel with this since the liquids have to be separated, and it's pink, but you're putting it on when you go to bed anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

The smell isn't unbearable, although I find that the sulfur smells lingers a bit for a few hours even after I've washed my face.

My skin responds well to sulfur products and I was curious about this, so I decided to give it a try. It smells much better than most sulfur products, but it still doesn't smell great. It will take down a small pimple in 1-2 days and larger blemishes in 2-3. I like it just as much as my PTR spot treatment, but it is definitely not as convenient for travel since it will get shaken en route and then you have to wait for it all to settle. That said, I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am so excited about this product. Until recently, I used the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, and while it worked, it did take a few tries before it got rid of my spot. But still, it was the only one that didn't give me that giant, gross, flaky look that other products gave me. I also started working at a different makeup store that didn't carry Mario Badescu, and since I am very loyal to my company, I wouldn't dream of cheating on them with a brand that they didn't carry. : ) I used Murad's spot treatment for a while, and it worked fine except for the excess dryness that I was fully aware would happen. You can imagine my excitement when I came to work and saw this on the shelf. I actually grabbed my manager's sleeve and squealed! Very professional. But I was so relieved that I found something similar, and luckily (kinda) I had a pimple on my cheek that day. I bought it, put in on before bed, woke up, and my pimple was GONE! It worked so so so much better than the Mario Badescu! I was thrilled, but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just a one time thing. So, being the brave girl I am, I applied a product that I knew would break me out on the edge of my cheek. Sure enough, spots came, and the following morning, were halfway gone. It was heaven! I shared my experience with the girls at work, and within the next three days, all the Eradikate's in the store were gone, with only one returned. From my experience, to my clients', to other reviewers', one thing is for sure: THIS ONE'S A KEEPER LADIES!

Popular Face Skincare Products