Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by age: 30-35
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

3.7

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

on 9/17/2017 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Years ago I used Mario Badescu’s Acne Drying Lotion, and this is the exact same thing, though since it’s sold through Sephora, it’s easier for me to get than trying to find another retailer that sells Mario Badescu (I know I could go straight through MB’s website, but I prefer to use retailers that sell more than one brand). The concept is the same: don’t shake the bottle, dip a Q-tip through the top alcohol layer and into the pink layer, dab the pink stuff on zits, let dry, go to bed, wake up to smaller or gone zits. I liked MB’s version and thought it worked well, but I wasn’t so desperate for it that I’ve been buying it for the past few years. Overall I like Kate Somerville’s is decent. I had a bright zit near the tip of my nose and this spot treatment did nothing, didn’t even stay in place overnight. By morning there was no trace of the stuff. But for a growing zit on my chin (the kind where you can feel a tender spot days before you can see it), it completely killed that in two nights of treatment. I’m on the fence if I’ll buy this again. I might relent and find a retailer for MB first, since it costs less than Kate Somerville and is the exact same product.

on 9/28/2015 6:54:00 PM

Initially I thought this was working but I was very wrong. Everytime I put it on I would wake up with even more acne and redness. It was almost like a bad rash. I think the alcohol must have irritated my sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This helps dry my pimples fast and can prevent cystic pimples from growing if you catch it at an early stage. Too bad it can only be used if you are staying home. Unless you don't mind going out with pinkish white spots on your skin. I suggest that you sleep on white pillowcase because it bleached my coloured pillowcases. I leave the product on all night for effectivity. It is pricy. I've tried Bye Bye Blemish and Mario Badescu spot treatments like the Eradikate and the Eradikate is the best in staying on your face and eliminating pimples.

on 1/3/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This stuff is fabulous! After one night of application I noticed a dramatic change. By the second night the blemish was almost gone. LOVE LOVE LOVE it....

on 10/11/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Yay Kate!!! Not a miracle worker but so far my HG product for painful cystic acne - it definitely shortens the lifespan of those suckers. A little pricey for the bottle but it lasts a long time and hey, if it works...have repurchased twice and almost on my 3rd bottle.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this almost nightly on blemishes. It works well to dry up pimples quickly, and greatly reduces the time it takes to get rid of cystic acne blemishes. I like to use sulfur products as opposed to benzyl peroxide at night to avoid bleached out pillow cases. Keep in mind that sulfur is not a pleasant odor, but that's the trade off for this fast working spot treatment.
The only thing I don't like is that once the surface liquid dries up and the product gets down to the bottom, it becomes difficult to reach with a cotton swab. If you add a little rubbing alcohol, you can extend the use of the product. Seems like simply a shorter bottle would alleviate this issue. If you can find the long wooden swabs like they have in medical facilities, I would think they would be perfect to use with this product.
I will still continue to buy and use this product. It lasts a long time, too.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product out of recommendation from a salesgirl at Sephora. At first I liked using this product. It helped sped up my acne recovery. I don't like the smell and so does my boyfriend. It was a hassle to use because it left a pink goo on your face which can't be covered with make up. It's also flaky and made my pillowcase and bed sheets stained with pink flakes and sulfur smell.

I noticed after few weeks of using, I started to develop cystic acne around my whole face. During that time, I was also using Philosophy Purity and this product. So I stopped using both product and after that, my acne is reduced to just normal ones. However I am still left with acne scars.

Will never repurchase.

on 4/8/2012 11:39:00 AM

i know there are no miracle cures for acne, but for something this expensive i'd hoped it'd work better than drugstore products. it's a pink sediment in a lot of alcohol, so i can't apply it too close to my eyes/nose or else the alcohol burns. maybe it keeps zits from getting bigger, but it definitely does not magically shrink them. i'm staying with origins out of trouble mask.

on 1/12/2012 11:09:00 AM

I bought this from Sephora as part of a kit and absolutely adore it. Sulfur is truly a miracle worker when it comes to breakouts and this stuff dries up breakouts in no time flat. I apply a dab to any problem area(s) before bed. The only problem is that sometimes the product doesn't stay on all night. I guess my pillow rubs it off. That probably has more to do with my wild sleeping habits than the product though. ;) I'd absolutely repurchase this over and over again.

on 12/10/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, acne prone, early 30s.

Completely excited about this product to help w/ my minimal but regular small acne breakouts. I especially loved the Asian granny smell! :)

Will have to agree w/ 7/2011 reviewer. Each day no significant effect on current acne, but I started developing cystic acne in 4 days which is a rare occurance since Accutane 5 years ago. Immediately stopped, no more new cystic acne so did find the root cause.

Popular Face Skincare Products