Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by age: 25-29
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

4.4

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

on 4/12/2017 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is a little messy and has a pretty terrible smell, but man does it mean business. A dab on breakout overnight, and if it isn't gone by morning (it frequently is) it's down in size and redness so that it can easily be covered with makeup. The only bummer is that this is a spot treatment, not something for the whole face. Wish I could use this as a preventative, not just a treatment!

on 9/29/2016 12:24:00 AM

I'd say this is a 3 stars. It comes in a little glass bottle with clear and pink liquid. It states on the directions not to shake the ingredients. I dot this onto my pimples before going to bed and it helps in speeding up healing time. Smells like alcohol to me but is bearable.

Mario Badescu also has their version of this pink/white liquid in a bottle but I haven't tried it.

Definitely worth a try if you have some trouble spot zits.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Worth every single penny. Completely removes the blemish, or drastically reduces it by the next morning. Purchase immediately!

This product does not work miracles, and it isn't without its problems, however it is still the best spot treatment I have tried (including prescription only products prescribed to me by dermatologists). The most important thing to me is that it reduces breakouts WITHOUT stinging/burning like crazy and drying the hell out of all the surrounding skin on my face...seriously, I think the majority of spot treatments do more damage to your skin than the actual pimple you're trying to destroy. Unlike other spot treatments that are aggravating and often painful, this stuff is soothing and seems to bring the inflammation right down. It works well on superficial acne, and if I catch them early, it's also great for nipping cystic-like pimples in the bud. As others have mentioned, it's expensive and the small bottle will often dry out before I've used it all, so you don't get that much bang for your buck. The biggest negative for me though is not really being able to travel with it (due to the nature of the product, it cannot be shaken/turned on its side or upside down at all). I travel a lot for work, and it always seems to be during these trips that I break out, so this is really frustrating for me! All that being said, this is the still the most effective acne spot treatment I have tried that is actually kind to my skin, so I will continue to repurchase.

I recently started breaking out horribly, due to hormones and a foundation that hated my skin. I purchased this in Kate's kit to banish blemishes and acne. I love it! I dab this on with a q-tip and let it sit. I'll even reapply after a few hours. It sucks the life out of my horrible cystic acne and it is gone within a day or two. My husband also loved it. Sulfur is great for drying out cystic acne. At $25, it seems expensive, but it lasts a LONG time. I will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I get a lot of hormonal acne on my chin.. The under the skin pimples that never want to fully pop up.. I was using proactive mask for the longest time which contains 6% sulfur.. I heard of this and read the reviews.. I know sulfur helps my pimples more then anything but the proactive wasn't cutting it anymore.. I tried this last night and a pimple Ive been trying to get rid of for weeks was gone by the morning.. If the product works like this all the time I found my new HG Spot treatment.. Price doesn't bother me at all! So far so good!!

on 10/3/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Fantastic prodcut that I actually returned. Why? Because its 10% sulfur as the only active ingredient, I managed to find a sulfur soap at my local pharmacy that is the exact same stuff. Performs just as well & costed me $2 vs $22. If your wondering KS is pink sulfur at the bottom of clear liquid, that you DONT mix. I used a q-tip to touch the pink gunk & apply directly to problems spots--> wake up with less red, dried and flattening out volcano. I liked it so much that I decided to wear it in the daytime, under makeup=HUGE mistake. Forgot that rancid awful smell, I was soo conscious of the weird stares all day. Now if your wondering how to get the max results from the soap, same concept. Lather a sud & apply to spot & sleep in it. It works beautifully as a 5 minute full face mask aso but if you want longer overnight results try that. I loved KS so much that I threw the receipt away after a week, knowing I'd use it forever; luckily sephora gave me the store credit for it & now I'll never look for another spot treatment.

on 9/8/2013 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the great reviews, I was super excited to try this product. I never felt like it did much to my acne. Compared to what other people say, nothing really changed overnight. I would put it on my big angry pimples and hope for a miracle when I woke up and nothing... I have used almost the whole bottle. I will admit I have not used it consistently the whole time. I tend to go through a few week period when I am good about putting it on my face every day but this is not a long term maintenance product so I don't see why that should make such a difference. I was always very careful about using fresh qtips. But despite my lack of success, I am still thinking about giving this another try .

on 8/13/2013 8:49:00 PM

While it's not a miracle product by any means, this does help me deal with any big, under the skin breakouts I may get. I apply some EradiKate with a Q-Tip onto and slightly around the targeted zit before bed, and by the time I wake up it has significantly gone down. For fresh/big/really deep breakouts, it may take more than one night for it to dry out and start healing, but considering that those types of zits usually stuck around for weeks on me - that's a big improvement!

My skin has always reacted favorably to sulfur on acne, though. Make sure you spot test first, as this could be too drying or irritating for some skin types. The camphor in the formula is problematic, so I wouldn't use this too frequently or you'll probably make things worse as it's really drying.

As an aside, if you get big, swollen mosquito bites like I do - use this product on them! The calamine and sulfur aspect help with the itch considerably, and I've noticed that when I apply this the bites don't stay itchy and inflamed as long as they would otherwise.

So while I don't have to use this product every day, it's earned it's spot as an emergency fix - for big breakouts or bug bites - in my medicine cabinet.

Only reason a lippie is off is because hoo, that smell. It is PERSISTENT! Took me three washings to get the sulfur smell off of my pillow. If you're sensitive to smell when you're trying to sleep, this could probably keep you awake =/

Edit: I've reduced the rating and changed my repurchase to no, as I've found much more success with Etude House's version. The EH version is light-years more affordable (even importing it, it's like $14 compared to Kate's $20+) and doesn't include camphor, which was my main complaint about Eradi-Kate as it can be really drying if you use it regularly. Etude's also is just plain more effective for me, whether it's the absence of the irritating/drying camphor or the addition of hinoki extract, I don't know, either way it's hard for me to endorse Eradi-Kate as much when there exists such a better, more effective, more affordable option.

on 10/16/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried a lot of acne treatments and so far I really like this one. It does shrink the acne, though I might not say overnight. I think it also helps heal open ones faster, at least it feels like it does. Be warned that if you put it on a 'popped' pimple or other cut it will sting and they might even advise against it, but it doesn't bother me and I feel it helps (actually, I think it works better when they're open...).

As far as how to use it, it says don't shake it, and at first I was confused. So I swirled it lightly, lol. That's not what I was supposed to do. You are supposed to dip the cotton swab IN through the clear liquid into the thicker sediment on bottom and tap off excess. Then you put that on. I think the reason there is liquid is so it doesn't dry out and turn into a powder, but if you mix it, the sediment is diluted and less strong and therefore less effective. It should go on pretty thick, not watery. And it crumbles a little as it dries.

This is not a prevention product and yes it smells strongly of sulfur (use an old pillowcase!!), but it's great for overnight wear and I also really like to put a small dab on before makeup so the acne I have doesn't re-infect from being covered with straight makeup. :) It's not that expensive when you take into consideration that it's Kate Somerville and an acne product, and you really only need a little so it lasts. Hope that helps!

Also, to cut my q-tip consumption, I use a very small taklon brush that I wash and reuse. You can get one at a craft store, and use it for other products if you like because it is washable as any other brush would be. :)

Update: Ok, it has been just over a year since I started this and I'd like to update. Firstly, it's not THAT great. My skin was breaking out constantly and this wasn't enough to stop it. Sometimes the pimples would reinfect after using this, which I can't blame this, I just have bad skin. But this isn't for prevention as I mentioned, so if you break out as often as I do, it really won't make your skin clear. I had moved to cheaper brands but it all is the same. This is better for those with occasional break outs since those with heavy break outs will need too much, it will over dry your skin because of the alcohol and people will smell the sulfur on you as well as all over your pillowcase etc. You also should avoid this if you have over exfoliated or have a compromised barrier. In summary, I think sulfur treatments can be great for breakouts but it wasn't worthwhile for me. I went back to a gentle benzyl peroxide treatment and had much better success. If you do choose to use a sulfur, there are cheaper alternatives than this brand.