Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) Waterproof Setting Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  Waterproof Setting Powder

4.3

Ingredients: Talc, magnesium myristate, fragrance. May contain Iron oxides cl 77491, cl 77492, cl 77499, yellow 5 cl 19140:1, ultramarines cl 77007, yellow 5 cl 15965, red 7 cl 15850:1.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have only used a sample of this product but thought it was important to mention the waterproofness of this product is due to one ingredient Magnesium Myristrate you can easily buy this or a product with this already in it for much cheaper elsewhere. I love muac but this is not worth the 22 price tag when I can buy 2 oz for 6 bucks from tkb trading.

on 5/2/2010 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG powder. I had fallen in love with Makeup Forever HD powder to set my makeup and make me look flawless without accentuating my pores.

I now LOVE this waterproof setting powder. Did does all that Makeup forever powder did and more. It helps to keep my makeup from sliding off or sweating off. I tend to perspire a lot, especially since going through chemo and menopause. This truly just lets the sweat bead up over your makeup rather than letting the makeup just melt off. I highly recommend it and don't write reviews often. Only for the products that have really made a difference.

on 10/16/2009 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What a cool powder!!!! I ordered a sample of this, as I was intrigued by the claim of setting your makeup and being waterproof. From the website:

"A very fine, waxed-based powder which leaves the skin with a satin finish that is unaffected by perspiration and water. The only true waterproof powder available in the market. Each powder has a slight pigment undertone, so it complements the skin, yet goes on translucently."

I am NC42 (quite dark), and this powder looks great on me. It only comes in one color, and I was skeptical that it wouldn't look chalky or light on me. Tonight I applied my Jane Iredale foundation in Teakwood all over my face, and applied this on half of my face. I went to the bathroom that has the BRIGHT lighting that shows every single little thing and was surprised to see that I couldn't see the difference between the side I had applied the powder and the side I didn't. Then I splashed water all over my face and took a cotton ball and swiped. The side with just foundation had a little color come off on the cottonball, the cottonball with the Waterproof Setting Powder stayed white! I let my face dry, and looked in mirror again and my makeup looked wonderful. Then I put some eyeshadow on, dusted some powder over it, and did the water/swiping again and the eyeshadow stayed on!

Anyway...I work outside with horses for a living and I am excited about wearing this tomorrow and seeing how this affects how my makeup lasts!

You can find this under Corrective Makeup on their website.