Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) Waterproof Setting Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC)  Waterproof Setting Powder

4.3

Ingredients: Talc, magnesium myristate, fragrance. May contain Iron oxides cl 77491, cl 77492, cl 77499, yellow 5 cl 19140:1, ultramarines cl 77007, yellow 5 cl 15965, red 7 cl 15850:1.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have only used a sample of this product but thought it was important to mention the waterproofness of this product is due to one ingredient Magnesium Myristrate you can easily buy this or a product with this already in it for much cheaper elsewhere. I love muac but this is not worth the 22 price tag when I can buy 2 oz for 6 bucks from tkb trading.

on 7/25/2010 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I saw a review of this product on MUA and decided to purchase a sample from the MUAC website....and I am so glad I did! I have very oily skin and in the summer it's twice as bad. The weather in Ohio this year has been particularly hot....and terribly humid. We have a lot of outisde family gatherings over the summer, and I was getting tired of looking like a big greaseball an hour in to the event, and having my makeup slide off my face by the time it was over....I was almost to the point of not bothering to wear makeup (EEEK!!)...because what was the point? Until now!

We took our kids to a little amusement park yesterday and it was over 90 degress, sun blazing and the humidity was AWFUL....the kind of weather where when you get out of your air conditioned car, it hits you like a wall and takes your breath away...you get the point.

So back to the review....10 minutes in to being outside I start to sweat (my upper lip, esp...what's up with that?) and I'm thinking...ok, here we go, but I decided not to check my makeup until we got back to the car. Well, we were there for over 2 hours, we were disgusting, sticky, sweating messes.....got back in to the car, pulled down the visor to check my mess of a face and........SURPRISE!!! My makeup looked (almost) as good as when we left the house. I was in awe! No separation on my nose (this usually happens with powders), no sliding, streaking, nothing....after I blotted the sweat away with a tissue, I actually looked dewy and glowing! I don't know how it works, and I don't even care.....this stuff is going to be a godsend for me, summer and winter.

The downside is that it only comes in one color, which is quite light. This isn't a problem for me as I am quite fair, but I do wish it were available in a variety of colors so eveyrone could share in my joy!

Easily washed off and no breakouts as of yet. I think the price point is fab for what it does! You can always order a sample for a buck and try it out for yourself!

on 3/15/2010 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is an amazing powder. I have the extremly oily skin and all makeup melts and shines on my in about 30 minutes. I use glycolic acid as well regular exfoliation, maks etc. I am still very oily even Retin A did not dry my skin out. I tried this powder and for the first time my make up lated for hours. This is amazing.