MAC Lustre Lipstick in Spice It Up

MAC Lustre Lipstick in Spice It Up
Empowered, Spice it Up

4.4

on 1/4/2017 10:13:00 AM

This is definitely a mid-toned berry with brown undertones on my NC42 complexion. It's quite a sheer product, from the 'Lustre' line of MAC Lippies. I think it's a good every day colour because it's a subtle, toned down red. It feels very nice on application and doesn't dry out my lips.
I think you'd have to reapply this more often than a Cremesheen or a Matte, but it's a pleasant colour -- and i think versatile for many occasions. It doesn't jump out at you and scream 'RED!' -- but it is red, just a gentler shade.
Packaging and price are good for me. The formulation doesn't last for ages on my lips, but it isn't at all dry. I've had this shade for a few years and it hasn't gone off in the tube - so it's good value for money.

on 7/23/2016 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you have olive skin and are looking for a foolproof red that works for all occasions, then this is your shade. I like the way it looks in the tube, but it's even better on (I'm a medium olive-toned Latina - about NC 40/42). The lustre finish is perfect as well, and the shade pairs nicely with MAC Spice or any other nude liner. Along with Twig, this is one of my HG everyday picks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately this product really disappointed me. I had hoped for a sheer warm berry red, but on my lips this is a rather garish fuchsia shade that looks terrible with my coloring. Such a shame as swatched on my hand it seemed promising and the texture is great- sheer and natural. If reds have a tendency to go pink on you, I would avoid this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Luv the texture an colour. I just got this today at a Macy's on my vacay to Philadephia It's an every day wear. Makes my lips smooth, I have matching lipgloss from MAC in a similar colour, I even get compliments already surprisingly

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love it! This was my very first MAC lipstick. The only lipstick I've ever used up, I am on my second tube. For reference I am NC45, with dark lips. It is a very flattering red, with brown/wine undertones. I never wear a lipliner with this and it does not emphasizes, dry, chipped lips. Simply put, it is a very nice everyday red, easy to wear, flattering lippie.

on 2/8/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have a friend who bought this and said she'd trade it out for diva. The colors are sort of similar just a different in brightness. Also being that diva is a matte she liked the dry look better.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great starter red. Its a lustre finish so its not in your face, opaque red. works great as a lip stain or under a lip gloss.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a huge fan of the MAC lustre finishes because I don't think they have great staying power but I love this color and have learned to blend it in really well, blot it and repeat until I have a great stain on my lips. For this reason I love this lipstick, it gives my lips a great punch without being over the top red.

on 6/18/2012 1:38:00 AM

This and Hot Tahiti are my HG everyday lipsticks. Gorgeous, gorgeous, wearable colour.

on 10/29/2013 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've worn this shade for years, but after when I ran out and just didn't get around to rebuying it, I'm wondering if they've changed the shade or if I'm mistaken. It used to be a lovely dark brownish-red, but now its much lighter. I really should take it in and compare to a sample in the store.