Ecotools Domed Bronzer Brush

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.7

Bamboo, synthetic hairs, aluminum

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Decently pricey for a bronzer brush but I do really like this one so I have no complaints here. I would easily buy and use this again.

on 5/14/2016 4:59:00 PM

Yep. Totally worth the hype. It's unbeatable at bronzer application. I've ornes mine for years and it still goes strong! The major con for me is the bulky handle. I can't fit it in any of my blush containers. It has to sit alone on the counter. No worries, it has earned its spot there!

To Read all 406 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/30/2016 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This is one "eco-conscious" product that surpasses its synthetic equivalents. I've experimented with LOTS of thick powder brushes and this is by far the best.

This brush is great for both applying powder makeup on large areas of your face and for wiping off excess/ blending. I use it with my Bare Minerals R430 palette. My skin color (a warm deep caramel) is very hard to match, so I need a thick brush that I can use to swirl around all four products in the palette to get a good shade match. It picks up the product just fine, and I use a clean brush to wipe off the excess. The bristles are densely packed and soft, so I can really use the brush in several types of motion - swish lightly to brush off excess and then press hard to blend the rest of the mineral powder on to the very light coating of liquid foundation that I first apply as a sort of primer.

I have multiples of this, to allow for frequent cleanings and travel. The budget friendly price allows me to do this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This brush is incredibly dense, extremely soft, perfectly balanced, quite hefty but pleasant to hold and applies - and blends - bronzer flawlessly.
The bronzer stayed at the ends of the bristles, where it should, i.e. did not disappear up into the depths of the bristles which has happened with lesser brushes before....
It is definitely on the chunky side and has a bit of weight to it, which I really like for bronzer. If such things should be a concern to anybody, the brush also stands well on its own.
Being so thick and tightly packed, it picks up a little bit more product than I had originally bargained for - I needed a few practice runs, am a bronzer novice - but it doesn't "kick up dust" at all, and it molds itself perfectly to curves and cheekbones and jawbones; all of which is less important to me than how soft & cuddly it is :-)

I use the Ecotools brush with my pressed Guerlain Terracotta bronzer and feel very luxurious sweeping the cloudy fluffiness over my face...
AND it only cost me 7,99 Euros at TK Maxx! So distinctly bargainous...
It comes in a little green fabric/plastic pouch, which while not especially fancy, is very practical and would be good for travel, I imagine.

I haven't washed the brush yet, I have only owned it for three days, so must give it a full and proper trial run before I can give my final verdict.
But today I put bronzer on twice just so I could use it again...

on 8/24/2015 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I tried to love this brush based on all the reviews I read here on MakeupAlley as well as other websites but I just can't feel the love. This brush does not pick up any product. I have used other powder / blush / bronzer brushes from many brands including Leichner, Guerlain as well as MAC and have not experienced this problem. I went and purchased this brush, following reading many favourable reviews, and then went to try and use it with my Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer (Pressed Powder version) and no product came onto the brush let alone my face. Look I am all for the natural look but even after numerous swipes onto the Guerlain Bronzer, there was still no bronzer on the brush or on my face. For this reason I completely dislike this brush. Also, I did try it with a MAC blusher just to see if I was able to pick up any blush product with it and I still had no luck. Nope this brush is a bad one. Thumbs down from this makeup fan who normally finds some good in everything.

on 7/27/2015 1:56:00 PM

Best bronzer ever

on 7/7/2015 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Its all been said - this brush is fan-freaking-tastic! I've used it for bronzer, loose powder, and blush. It works beautifully for everything. Its so soft, but very dense and blends anything like a dream. After all the washing its been through I've never experienced any shedding and its as perfect as the day I bought it. SO glad I picked up this brush. I always felt like bronzer looked silly on me, but with this brush it looks flawless. Don't know how I lived without it. Get it!!

I use this to apply my daily Nars sheer glow liquid foundation and it gives a nice even, buildable application. Which my skin has off/on days so it's great to be able to control the coverage. Although lately since it is getting warmer I do like that I can apply my foundation lightly with this. However I have yet to try it on my EL doublewear foundation, so I am not sure how it does with a thicker formula.
I used the RT expert face brush exclusively for a couple years before this but is now replaced by Ecotools. Visually, the two are completely different so I was shocked at how "delicate" the Ecotools brush was since it is quite bulky. The magic is definitely in the dense, soft bristle that feels and looks great while buffing. The learning curve is probably with the handle since it is thicker to support and give shape to the bristle.
Great price point for the quality. Love!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

NB REVIEW UPDATED Not just for bronzer - this fantastic brush is better than any kabuki. Apply mineral foundation, setting powder, blusher and bronzer with it - obviously a new or washed brush would be required for each type of make up. I Love it! It applies evenly and does not lose any fibres even after having been washed several times.
*UPDATE* I purchased another two brushes on a buy one get one half price offer and they are NOT the same as before - all my brushes were bought in Boots UK stores -the aluminium on this brush has been changes from silver to bronze and Ecotools have done something else to these brushes which has changed them - they now shed hairs faster than a moulting creature and leave them stuck to your face...NOT a good look or all over the bathroom sink and floor. DO NOT BUY

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of my favourite brushes in my collection, It's part of my everyday makeup routine! Even though it says "Bronzer Brush" I use it as a Kabuki/Powder brush. I use this brush to apply/buff my face powder on top of my moisteriser (which gives an airbrush and full coverage look), to pack on powder on any redness/red spots and to blend out my bronzer and blush (if i over applied opps lol). It works great to blur and blend products really well. I've had this for over a year and its just as new. There is a little shedding when i wash it but no dramas. This is my go to brush! Absolutely LOVE IT :)

Popular Makeup Brushes