CLARINS Wonder Perfect mascara

CLARINS Wonder Perfect mascara
Wonder Perfect mascaraWonder Perfect mascara

3.8

Water, synthetic beeswax, acrylates copolymer, ozokerite, glyceryl stearate, stearic acid, copernicia cerifera wax/PVP/oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, aminomethyl propanediol, sorbitan sesquioleate, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, hydroxyethylcellulose, sucrose stearate, dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, potassium sorbate, panthenol, hexylene glycol May contain: CI 77019/mica, CI 77491/ CI 77492/ CI 77499/iron oxides, CI 77891/titanium dioxide, CI 77510/ferric ferrocyannide, CI 77742/manganese violet, CI 77007/ultramarines, CI 75470/carmine, CI 77289/chromium hydroxide green, CI 77288/chromium oxide greens, CI 42090/blue 1 lake, CI 19140/yellow 5 lake, CI 77520/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide

on 3/27/2018 10:20:00 AM

I got a travel size of this cheap, hoping it would be a tubing type mascara. It's not. I hunted down the INCI; 1st ingredient after water is "synthetic beeswax", then acrylates copolymer, then ozokerite (also wax). Tubing formulas like Blinc and Estee Lauder's Zero Smudge have acrylates copolymer as 1st ingredient after water, then waxes.
It doesn't act like a tubing formula either. It's more volumizing - very nice, I think - and not quite as brittle. And it certainly doesn't come off like one. It does come off with (lots of) warm water, BUT doesn't break down in nice little tubes/flakes. It dissolves and transfers onto undereye skin, where it sits until I give up scrubbing and go to bed.

On the other hand, it holds up well to moisture and tears like a tubing mascara. My eyes water like crazy and this doesn't run (even tho I apply it on bottom lashes too). Don't see any black under eyes at the end of a normal work day. I'll soon see what it does with sweat and full on rain, and update. So far I feel safe using it in my outdoor job.
It's also impossible to build on itself once dried. Applied nicely over a "mascara primer" type product I have though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best Mascara for shorter lashes! Wouldn't go back!

Due to having very short and straight lashes I never really have much luck with mascaras and didn't expect anything different from this.

For me this has been amazing! It comes with a fibre brush and is a medium thickness. The best thing about this mascara is the length my lashes finally looked long! It takes quite a while to build the length so not very good if you're in a rush but it definitely achievable and makes a big difference.

For the volume side of things it is build able but it can take quite a while and it's not its best feature and doesn't hold curl whats so ever!

If you are after length this mascara is amazing especially for shorter lashes! I have given it 5 as this is all I really look for in a mascara so it's 5/5 amazing!
If I rated it with curl and volume 3/5

on 5/20/2016 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

First of all the pale golden tube looks stylish but that makes the wand unreasonably long.
I like the brush, consistency is neither thick nor thin and the color is very black.
Lengthening and volumizing were quite mild but holds the curl really well and lasts all day without flaking.
I didn't have trouble removing it with the Bioderma micellaire but you have to wait a bit for the mascara to dissolve.
I don't regret buying this one but considering the price and the fact that it dried out in three months I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Regarding the complaints about difficult removal, try using hotter water and wriggling the lashes gently between fingertips. It's basically a tubing mascara, so it removes best that way. Quite simple and quick, once you figure it out.
It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all, doesnot flake or smudge even after anap, and is a very good black colour.
It does tend to look a bit clumpy and stiff (like all tubing mascaras) the first week or so, and it works best layered with a cheaper mascara, which is more natural.
Good for length, okay for volume.
I don't like the brush, it makes application tedious and needs concentration in order not to get it onto lids. The formula is good but the brush could be better. It does need to be wiped or blotted a bit as it picks up a bit too much product.
Overall it's not the absolute best but the fact that my eyes take well to it and it lasts so well/holds up, without smudges/flaking, looks very black and removes easily, makes me satisfied... I may not repurchase but it is very good. This is one I wouldrecommend to my mom whose eyes water constantly since her having undergone brain surgery.

on 10/1/2015 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I have not purchased Clarins products for years and wanted to try their Gentle Day Cream. The SA mentioned that if I spent $$$ more I could get the Clarins free gift - "Feed 10." Since I was at the end of my beloved and favorite Chanel Volume mascara, I thought I would try the Clarins Wonder Perfect mascara,

Cons: This mascara applies wet, smudges easily and did nothing to enhance or define my eyelashes. Very light darkening of lashes. Smudging was really noticeable on the bottom lashes. Once dry it felt like each of my lashes were enveloped in rubber. The luxury gold tube itself is too large.

PRO: Lasted throughout the day - 5 - 6 hours. Small applicator.

Beautipedia' team highlights Wonder Perfect Mascara as a "Best Mascara", but I believe Makeup Alley's reviews are now more credible and consistent given the rating of this product.

on 2/26/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my everyday mascara and I LOVE it! I don't have the longest lashes and when I use most mascaras they do little for the length but the wonder perfect mascara adds length and volume with a natural look. I buy this product monthly and have found my HG mascara :-)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this one for a dramatic everyday look. It's a wet formula which I tend to prefer.

on 8/30/2014 4:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This mascara surprised me, because I wasn't expecting a whole lot. It was beautifully black, volumised my thin lashes, gave a little length to my short lashes, and held a curl. It was also impressively smudge-free and removed easily with my Shu cleansing oil.

The tube seems rather oversized. Perhaps this is to play up the "luxury" angle, but it's not necessary.

A very good mascara that I will re-purchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a tester from a friend, and have only just used it! It was brilliant lots of volume and length and it's very rich in colour! I would defiantly buy this again it's just the price that puts me off!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this mascara daily. It's not bad, but it doesn't give you very much volume. I use another mascara (maybelline's colossal volume express) after it to get rid of the clumps and to add volume. A bit pricey, so I probably won't buy it again